Identified! IL - Lake Michigan near Waukegan, BlkFem, 18-40, pregnant, Aug'21 - Yarianna G. Wheeler *Arrest*

Pregnant woman, 19, pulled from Lake Michigan positively identified, police say

The woman, referred to as "Lake Michigan Jane Doe," is identified as Yarianna G. Wheeler, 19, according to the sheriff's office. She had been living in Chicago but was originally from Bellwood, police said.

Police released a surveillance photo of Wheeler that they said was used to point detectives in the right direction.

"When they saw the image, they knew they were on the right track. From there, they were able to obtain dental records which led to her ultimately being identified," said Lt. Christopher Covelli, Lake County Sheriff's Office.

Covelli said the image was taken on the last known day she was seen alive.

Pregnant woman, 19, pulled from Lake Michigan positively identified, police say

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about her? I can't find obituaries or even a post saying that anyone knew her. She was living in a shelter at the time. No one reported her missing. An employee of the shelter recognized the drawing and called police.

Does anyone know anything about her? I can't find obituaries or even a post saying that anyone knew her. She was living in a shelter at the time. No one reported her missing. An employee of the shelter recognized the drawing and called police.

It seems like her funeral was yesterday. Yarianna G. Wheeler Obituary

It seems that this poor young woman was all alone. Not a single tribute on her obituary page. There's apparently a person of interest but no arrests have been made.

I just wonder about this victim. Was she disabled? Mental illness? Foster child? Or just very unlucky? She didn't deserve that.

It seems that this poor young woman was all alone. Not a single tribute on her obituary page. There's apparently a person of interest but no arrests have been made.

I just wonder about this victim. Was she disabled? Mental illness? Foster child? Or just very unlucky? She didn't deserve that.

I think she has at least a sister. I found a facebook page for her, but I can't find it now. Shitshow is already starting on Facebook. I'm out of it....

I wonder if she was a former foster kid? I think they age out at 18 in most circumstances. If she was no longer in high school and not in contact with bio/foster families, who would report her missing? She might not have had close friends if she moved frequently. I’m just guessing at all of this - she may have had a wonderful family but got involved with someone who alienated her from everyone but him. Sad all around.

I also saw a post that disappeared that claimed she was adopted. The person said that her adopted mother and sister didn't care about her and that Yarriana was in the shelter to escape abuse.

This story makes me sad. It's like she and the baby didn't mean anything to anyone. If I lived in the area I would've gone to the funeral.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back