AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we heard from anyone reliable, ie LE that neighbors refused searches? I've only heard Don say that.

Don, the same guy who told the story about the red truck at the base of his driveway, with a disheveled woman lying down inside, the truck stuck on the road berm, etc. Early morning of the day Summer went missing. And the one about no dogs being on the property that day. And the one about getting home before LE did that day. (Actually that one may be VERY true). Just earlier than he admits.

I thought Rader (is that his name?) made mention of it, too. JMO

Can we brainstorm something?

The Wells don't exactly live on an interstate. It really struck me when DW made that video of the route of "dog trail" to the road. A 5 year old could literally disappear within seconds of dashing out the door, across the drive, and on to that trail.

Who would be driving on that road mid to late afternoon? If not a neighbor, what could their reason be for driving there?
That's where the truck comes in for me. Given the description of painting materials in the back of it, a local independent who perhaps was contracted to paint a home on that road? Could they have honed in on Summer while they were in that little store plaza?

I thought Rader (is that his name?) made mention of it, too. JMO
I never heard that Rader said neighbors were denying searches, maybe it was the Wells property? But, Rader did contradict Don on where the dogs hit. Rader said the driveway, Don said, without proof or LE verification, that she was scented at the bottom of the dog trail.

Can we brainstorm something?

The Wells don't exactly live on an interstate. It really struck me when DW made that video of the route of "dog trail" to the road. A 5 year old could literally disappear within seconds of dashing out the door, across the drive, and on to that trail.

Who would be driving on that road mid to late afternoon? If not a neighbor, what could their reason be for driving there?
There's the easement crew. I am sure they did more cutting than just the Wells' property. Did this cause even a minor traffic diversion (or perceived delay) that could divert cars?

ETA: i live on a tiny road and people get impatient on it. So, don't think people will wait one minute.

It's been 80 days. I can't imagine anyone searching can do any harm now. Also, they have 11 acres. They can roam around their own property all they want. How could anyone stop them?

Granted, by now, they might have searched on their own property a number of times.
DW seems.pretty adamant
LE cannot stop a parent from searching. If you want to find your child, you look, unless of course you already know what happened. Neither parent has been named a POI.

I am.very aware u can search!
Never.said.u can't!
I'm just.saying why.LE would!d t want.them.to.search!

Have we heard from anyone reliable, ie LE that neighbors refused searches? I've only heard Don say that.

Don, the same guy who told the story about the red truck at the base of his driveway, with a disheveled woman lying down inside, the truck stuck on the road berm, etc. Early morning of the day Summer went missing. And the one about no dogs being on the property that day. And the one about getting home before LE did that day. (Actually that one may be VERY true). Just earlier than he admits.
Agreed.
The only person who claims the neighbors refused LE searches has been DW.
LE have not officially said that they were barred from searching for Summer.
And tbh, I doubt very much that any neighbor would have told LE to 'buzz off'; if asked if their yards could be searched for a missing little girl !
Imo.
Crouching on my phalanges, lol.

@LeeJay55 , on i think the first video with CM and SJ, they are talking about keeping the family (except the missing one) together and not letting them roam around. They talked about it as if this was just standard procedure these days. They didn't say why though.

ETA: any family, they said to assign one or more officers to make sure everyone stays where they're supposed to

DW seems.pretty adamant

I am.very aware u can search!
Never.said.u can't!
I'm just.saying why.LE would!d t want.them.to.search!
bbm
I understand what you're saying. :)

IMO -- there are two reasons why LE might not want relatives searching :
1. LE have a good idea of where to look and what they might find and don't want the relatives traumatized.
2.LE have other reasons for not wanting relatives to search as in preserving possible evidence ?

It's all so vague right now, so it's anyone's guess.
My opinion is that LE haven't barred Summer's family from searching wherever and whenever they'd want to look ?

I know people frown on YT, but there are true crime channels that would do an episode on SW. Or there were...

But, even those avoiding the drama would probably do a brief video that shows videos and photos of her and things like that if asked. Just because she's five and she's missing.

I dunno. From what we've heard about the people who refuse to allow their property to be searched, I still think she might have wandered off and been hurt or got lost.
But did LE state that the neighbors would NOT let anyone search their property ??

I know DW stated it but not sure (or I can't remember) if that actually came from LE or not and if not, then we can't believe it. IMO

bbm
I understand what you're saying. :)

IMO -- there are two reasons why LE might not want relatives searching :
1. LE have a good idea of where to look and what they might find and don't want the relatives traumatized.
2.LE have other reasons for not wanting relatives to search as in preserving possible evidence ?

It's all so vague right now, so it's anyone's guess.
My opinion is that LE haven't barred Summer's family from searching wherever and whenever they'd want to look ?

It is, in most cases of missing children, SOP to not have parents/immediate relatives or household members engage in immediate search efforts. LE and SAR have established protocols that they follow, and there are many reasons for that. As difficult as it is, typically the protocol for parents of a missing child involves the parents remaining in the home, providing as much information as possible to LE about the missing child and the circumstances, and basically allowing LE and secure SAR to do the initial searches. Depending on the circumstances of the case, that period of time maybe be 48 hrs... or much longer. Just wanted to clarify from a professional SAR standpoint.

So after looking at the Dave Rader vid transcripts with Duty Ron, I am not seeing him talking about any neighbors refusing searches.

The only person I remember saying this is DW. Did anyone find anything different?

It definitely didn't come from LE.

All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members