TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, murdered, Scurry County, Dec 2010 *Arrest in 2021, released in 2023* #4

I wonder why they won't even release information on the arraignment....did he please not guilty or did he say once again he and Billy were both involved...
Seems SUPER ridiculous not to release his arraignment & plea information. We know it's already happened or they would have to release him.

I'm starting to get paranoid and wonder if something else is up ...

Why is he shirtless in his mugshot? Remember the warrant LE had for SA when BD told the cops he wasn't at her house and she was arrested for interfering in an investigation? Wasn't that warrant for something "On his body"? or was it something he always kept "on his body"? I wonder if he has some identifying mark on his body that LE has a photo and they wanted it in his mugshot? MOO JMO.....

Aren't court proceedings supposed to be open to the public and public knowledge? Isn't that the law to protect the suspect from bias?

There is a recent post on the Who Killed Hailey Dunn fb page - "Ninety days. That is what we are being told is the timeframe for the DA to take this to a Grand Jury after the arrest".

Adkins was arrested June 14, so if the above is true and he's just been sitting in jail. The clock runs out on September 14th.

So, dumb question, are we waiting for GJ indictment now?
I have no idea, just going with what was said by the PI who I assume knows what's going on. I thought a GJ indictment wasn't necessary to move forward. But what do I know I'm in California. I personally have only seen a GJ empaneled for local government misdeeds. Here, the DA files charges and a criminal indictment is gained after a preliminary (probable cause) hearing is held.

I understand in Texas a Grand Jury can issue a True Bill, No Bill, or Dismissal.
  • In the case of a True Bill, a (normally) felony indictment is issued and an arraignment is set.
  • In the case of a No Bill, the prosecution has the option to go back to the investigation phase and then impanel a new grand jury and try again.
  • In the case of a dismissal, rather than a No Bill, then they can't be presented again.
Maybe an attorney or some other poster can clarify how all this works in Texas, I may not be stating this stuff correctly.

Last edited:
At the 10 year anniversary of Hailey's death I quit following everything related to her. I had to let it go. Cases don't get to me but Hailey hit really close to home for me. I've lost so much sleep over that rat walking free. I've been known to say over the past decade that this is the case that will forever haunt me and that I hate no one like I do SA.

I cannot even begin to express how elated I am to see this arrest even if I was late knowing :D I really hope they have what they need to make sure he suffers for the rest of his days.

I mentioned some Grand Jury meeting dates above. The next date is September 9th.

Would we have heard if a True Bill was issued on August 19th?

I wish someone in authority would say SOMETHING :mad:

I have been issued jury duty since July for federal court, but it kept being pushed back, and today I was told I didn't have to report after all. I wonder is this case dragging because of covid....

I have been issued jury duty since July for federal court, but it kept being pushed back, and today I was told I didn't have to report after all. I wonder is this case dragging because of covid....
I got a jury summons yesterday, who knows?

Cannot wait to see the truth finally come to light.. All these years the horrific evil deeds of Shawn Adkins have been "allowed" to be kept hidden, as justice for this beautiful young girl seemed to slip further and further away.. I am thrilled to see that justice for Hailey is back at the fore front and Shawn Adkins sits in a rank jail cell awaiting the day when the truth is spoken in court, and heard by the world over as to exactly what Hailey suffered at his hand, that led to her death. It has been such a long time coming, and while, yes, I am more than anxious to finally know the truth of what happened to Hailey, I do want LE and the courts, etc to follow the letter of the law in prosecuting Shawn Adkins, so that when he is convicted and sentenced there are no technicalities, or loopholes, left open for him to successfully appeal and reverse the judgements made.

I will say that I, to this day, find it very hard to believe that Shawn, and Shawn alone, carried out this murder and cover up all by himself. Meaning, its very much still IMO that BD at the very, very least had to have knowledge after the fact. IMO, it is simply impossible for her to not have at the very least knowledge, if not involvement.. IMOO.. IMOO>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back