Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #4 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.

KT Can

Reaction score

91UFTX

<modsnip - remove unrelated link>

Unidentified White Female
Located on November 1, 1980 in Walker County, Texas.
Cause of death was homicide.
The victim had been dead for six hours before she was found.

• [*]Estimated age: 14 1/2 - 16 1/2 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0 - 5'3" (most likely 5'2"); 110 - 120 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown hair past the shoulders, cut in wing fashion, natural, no evidence of color treatment. Brown or Hazel eyes. A 1 1/2" scar at end of right eyebrow . Her ears were pierced. Her toenails was painted pink. No tattoos.
    [*]Clothing: She was wearing a rectangular-shaped pendant with a smoky blue stone on a gold chain (as seen in the victim's sketch above). She may have been wearing jeans and a yellow shirt. A pair of high-heeled sandals, 3" or 4" inch platforms with light brown straps, had been thrown beside the body.
    [*]Dentals: Available. Her teeth had been well cared for.
    [*]Fingerprints: Available
    [*]DNA: mtDNA available in CODIS
Case History
The victim's body was dumped on side of I-45 north, 2 miles north of Huntsville, TX. The general condition of the body and her overall health and nutrition indicated she had probably come from a middle class home. There were no identification with the body. No semen was found on or in the victim's body.
When the murder became known through media accounts, several people came forward and said they’d seen a teenager matching her description the day before her body was found.
A witness identified the victim as a girl who had been at the South End Gulf station around 6:30 p.m. on Halloween night asking for directions to the Ellis prison unit.
She had been wearing blue jeans, a yellow pullover sweater with big pockets that hung below her waist, and she was carrying high-heeled sandals in her hand. To the best of his recollection, she had been let out of a 1973 or ‘74 blue Chevrolet, possibly a Caprice, with a lighter colored top, which was being driven by a white male. She looked disheveled like she had been traveling, and perhaps sleeping in her clothes.
She left the station, walking north on Sam Houston avenue.
A waitress working at the Hitchin’ Post truck stop on Interstate 45 said the girl came into the restaurant the same evening and again, asked for directions to the Ellis Unit, saying she had a friend there. A map was drawn for her and she departed.
The waitress asked the girl how old she was and the girl responded 19. The witness thought that was an obvious lie and then asked the girl if her parents knew where she was. The young girl replied, "Who cares". The witness then stated she asked her where she was from. The girl replied Aransas Pass/Rockport, TX area. It has not been verified that the girl was the unidentified victim.
Her photograph was shown to every inmate at Ellis Prison Unit, but no one claimed to know the girl.
On January 16, 1981, the unidentified girl was buried in the Adickes Addition at Oakwood Cemetery. Huntsville Funeral Home buried her, and Morris Memorials provided her tombstone.
It is believed that Henry Lee Lucas killed this girl, but investigators could not make a match between the bite mark on her left shoulder and his dental reconstruction.

Case Details:

Walker County Jane Doe was found lying face down and nude by a truck driver on November 1, 1980 near the Sam Houston National Forest in Walker County Texas. This is about a half mile south of the FM 1696 exit near Huntsville.
The victim, an attractive young teenage girl, had been savagely beaten and sexually assaulted before dying by slow strangulation. Her face and body were covered with bruises from the beating and there was a human bite mark on her back near her right shoulder. The autopsy revealed she had been sexually assaulted with a blunt instrument.
When the murder was reported, several people came forward and said they'd seen a teenager matching her description the day before her body was found. One witness, the manager of a gas station which no longer exists, positively identified the victim as a girl who had been at the station around 6:30 p.m. Halloween night asking for directions to the Ellis prison unit. She was wearing blue jeans, a yellow pullover sweater with big pockets that hung below her waist, and carrying high-heeled sandals in her hand. To the best of his recollection, she had been let out of a 1973 or 74 blue Chevrolet, possibly a Caprice, with a lighter colored top, which was being driven by a white male. She looked disheveled like she had been traveling and perhaps sleeping in her clothes. She left the station, walking north on Sam Houston avenue.
A waitress working at the Hitchin Post truck stop out on Interstate 45 said the girl came into the restaurant the same evening and again, asked for directions to the Ellis Unit, saying she had a friend there. A map was drawn for her and she departed. She never reached the Ellis Unit and she was never seen alive again.

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

NamUs profile -
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
19 Exclusions: Kristy Booth is listed twice.
MP2560 Maria Anjiras 02/12/1976 Fairfield CT
MP5860 Marie Blee 11/21/1979 Routt CO
MP2928 Kristy Booth 02/02/1980 Midland TX
MP2928 Kristy Booth 02/02/1980 Midland TX
MP5879 Joyce Brewer 09/06/1970 Dallas TX
MP8813 Teresa Byers 11/01/1979 Gregg TX
MP2345 Carla Corley 08/12/1980 Jefferson AL
MP11009 Kimberly [EBM - Rae] Doss 05/29/1979 Duval FL
MP2919 Kimberly [EBM -Sue] Doss 09/01/1982 Scott IA
MP28953 Roxane Easland 06/28/1980 Anchorage AK
MP2492 Wendy Eaton 05/17/1975 Delaware PA
MP2362 Rachael Garden 03/22/1980 Rockingham NH
MP6937 Tina Kemp 02/03/1979 Kent DE
MP6263 Cindy King 07/19/1977 Josephine OR
MP8253 Deborah McCall 11/05/1979 DuPage IL
MP6391 Angela Meeker 07/07/1979 Pierce WA
MP2392 Laureen Rahn 04/27/1980 Hillsborough NH
MP946 Marcia Remick 06/05/1979 Virginia Beach VA
MP6744 Mary Trlica 12/23/1974 Tarrant TX
MP4592 Karen Zendrosky 10/22/1979 Mercer NJ

Last edited:
List provided by @PropaneYeeter. I added Kimberly Sue Doss (MP2919) to the list.

@PropaneYeeter Thank you! I alphabetized your list:

Teresa Amanda Alfonso
Maria Florence Anjiras
Andria Ann Bailey
Ida Faye Basco
Marie Ann Blee
Kristy Lynne Booth
Lisa Jane Borden
Jackie Kay Boyer
Joyce Creola Brewer
Sandra Kaye Butler
Teresa Marie Byers
Dorothy Mildred Clitheroe
Carla Rebecca Corley
Judy Lynn Davis
Evelyn Louise Davis
Mary Louise Day
Carol Elaine Donn
Kimberly Rae Doss
Kimberly Sue Doss
Diane Genice Dye
Roxane Easland
Wendy Eaton
Ann Marie Ellinwood
Rachael Elizabeth Garden
Corinne Anita Hagler
Gina Renee Hall
Karen Beth Kamsch
Tina Faye Kemp
Cindy Irene King
Deborah A. McCall
Angela Mae Meeker
Cecile Frances Moch
Sophia Felecita Moreno
Julie Ann Moseley
Michelle Meredith Mulcahy
Robyn Ann Pettinato
Deborah Ann Quimby
Laureen Ann Rahn
Angela Sigrid Ramsey
Marcia Estelle Remick
Teresa Lynn Rhodes
Wendy Brown Stevenson
Edna Christine Thorne
Mary Rachel Trlica
Emma Lorene Vaughn
Yvette Anne Watson
Lisa Renee Wilson
Cheryl Schille Wyant
Karen Lynn Zendrosky

Jackie Kay Boyer not is in the exclusions list
JBoyer.jpg

3016DFCA - Jackie Kay Boyer

I think it's a good match, even the face looks a lot like it.

Jackie Kay Boyer not is in the exclusions list
JBoyer.jpg

3016DFCA - Jackie Kay Boyer

I think it's a good match, even the face looks a lot like it.

There is a strong resemblance. I do not remember the specifics, since it was awhile ago, but I remember thinking of Jackie and then finding posts @CarlK90245 made on the pros/cons of her as a match. If he is following, maybe he can comment if it was pursued, or why it was not a match, etc? I didn't mark the posts. Maybe others did or they remember.

I've been following this case for a while, and I suspect that this has already been discussed, but I don't recall it. Why hasn't her identity been tracked down using genetic genealogy?

I've been following this case for a while, and I suspect that this has already been discussed, but I don't recall it. Why hasn't her identity been tracked down using genetic genealogy?
When someone contacted the DNA Doe Project about them potentially taking on WCJD's case, they replied with "someone else is working her case". That was over a year ago now.

I take that to mean someone is working on tracing her genealogy, though they haven't gone public about it.

Using genetic genealogy to identify WCJD has been discussed here off and on over the past couple of years.

Whether or not genetic genealogy is used to ID a set of remains depends on if the agency handling the case wants to pursue that avenue.

I think she's in someone's research pipeline now, if I recall correctly.

It's hard to understand why this young girl hasn't been prioritized for identification! It's been way too long.

In doing a little research this evening, her assertion that she was from "Aransas Pass" does make sense. From where she was found, it is approximately 275 miles, or just over a 4 hour drive. Much longer for hitchhiking, of course. Aransas Pass is a town on the coast, 146 miles south of San Antonio, or 2.5 hrs. drive. In doing a quick search, it appears to be a town that supports all the offshore oil drilling; makes sense. It is likely someone in her family, or perhaps the unidentified friend in prison worked on one of the oil rigs. The pay is relatively high, but dangerous work. If they are a diver, their pay would be very lucrative, but even more dangerous.

We know that WCJD had good dental work, was properly nourished, had a nice haircut, painted toenails, and the fashion of the day with her sandals. I agree that she likely came from a middle+ class family, and that would align to the oil rig worker theory.

I toyed with the idea briefly that she might be a foster child, but I've abandoned that idea. While the "Farrah" haircut she had could be replicated even by supercuts back then, when you add up the fashionable haircut, the painted toes, and the fashionable sandals, that doesn't say foster child.

The necklace she wore was significant. I think she wore it specifically because the mystery man in question gave it to her. I wish we could figure out where it came from. I'd guess from a department store around Aransas Pass.

Aransas Pass is too random to just pull out of thin air. I do think that's where she is from. As to why she hasn't been claimed....well that's the biggest mystery of all.

Amateur opinion and speculation

@rosesfromangels I wonder if anyone has tried contacting the jewelry shops to seeif they recognize her? There are only a few, and probably fewer that were around, if any. It seems like a couple of pawn shops, that kind of thing.

Edited: I also wonder if anyone has ever tried the library? Public libraries often have at least one librarian who stays on for a long time. Someone might recognize WCJD if she really was from Aransas Pass

@rosesfromangels I wonder if anyone has tried contacting the jewelry shops to seeif they recognize her? There are only a few, and probably fewer that were around, if any. It seems like a couple of pawn shops, that kind of thing.

Edited: I also wonder if anyone has ever tried the library? Public libraries often have at least one librarian who stays on for a long time. Someone might recognize WCJD if she really was from Aransas Pass
Or her mystery man was/ or lived there…

I was just checking the laws in Texas around statutory rape, which is sex acts with a minor under 17 (in Texas). No wonder none of the prisoners "recognized" WCJD. If they were involved with her, the penalties are very high, even if deemed "indecent acts" which is a 2nd degree felony. They could still be looking a up to 20 years. A first degree statutory rape could get them up to 99 years. Texas Statutory Rape Laws and Penalties | The Law Office of Matthew D. Sharp

So just to point out that we shouldn't dismiss the strong possibility that there was an inmate at the prison who knew WCJD, but just didn't admit it.

It is random. And also relatively small.... In 1980, the population of Aransas Pass was
7,173. In 2020 it was only around 1,000 -ish more. Aransas Pass, Texas - Wikipedia

It seems so odd no one would remember her?

Does Aransas Pass community have a facebook page or subreddit? Maybe someone could make a post about her and see if anyone knows something.

I really hope there is an agency that is working on her geneaology and that we'll have an ID before the anniversary.

Does Aransas Pass community have a facebook page or subreddit? Maybe someone could make a post about her and see if anyone knows something.

I really hope there is an agency that is working on her geneaology and that we'll have an ID before the anniversary.
"Who cares"

We have seen cases where someone was missing for many years, eventually identified, where the family had not filed a missing persons report. There are always explanations such as "we looked for them for years", or "we thought they ran off", or something similar. But a ~14 year old girl? Why hasn't she been reported? Her alleged words to the waitress at the hitching post of "who cares" may sadly be very true. It's sad to think that a child wouldn't be cherished and missed, but it happens. Sometimes a single parent gets involved with a new partner and the child is in the way; no one really cares when they "run off".
Maybe that was the scenario here.

"Who cares"

We do sweetie. Whoever you are, we care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member