UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see that as a def he's not on his own. More like position of his legs and a ruck sack/bag

If you look at the footage in detail you will be able to follow them both walking from the direction of Heworth place to the corner of Heworth road.
This will take a consderable amount of time on your part if you wish to do so. I understand not everyone has that amount of interest in cctv. :)

If you look at the footage in detail you will be able to follow them both walking from the direction of Heworth place to the corner of Heworth road.
This will take a consderable amount of time on your part if you wish to do so. I understand not everyone has that amount of interest in cctv. :)
There's only one shadow

If you can see that, which I can't, then the police can see it and there is no mention of it anywhere else ???

Yes the police would know what is on any footage. The reasons why some figures vhicles or items are edited, erased or blurred from the footage would be for a number of reasons. The subject has ben identified and eliminated from equiries, protection of the public, or is case sensitive.

Yes the police would know what is on any footage. The reasons why some figures vhicles or items are edited, erased or blurred from the footage would be for a number of reasons. The subject has ben identified and eliminated from equiries, protection of the public, or is case sensitive.
So the police put out a request to identify alley man, when they should have said identify alley man and a woman who has dark curly hair and a whatever coat on? They edited the image to omit it but you have access to the unedited footage?? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
So the police put out a request to identify alley man, when they should have said identify alley man and a woman who has dark curly hair and a whatever coat on? They edited the image to omit it but you have access to the unedited footage?? <modsnip>

I do not have access to unedited footage the time stamp is clearly marked on the footage and is accessible to anyone who is prepared to look at it in more detail.
Its time comsuming and not everyone is interested in doing so.
<modsnip>

Imo it's one person..I doubt the police would fail to mention a woman ...they would want eliminate them as a couple ..they would want people to try and be reminded of a couple walking if they want people to come forward

@keep-it-real
Can you explain what you mean by Look into it with more detail?

Genuinely interested in what you can see that most can’t. Have you got some sort of special equipment that makes it less blurry etc.thanks

Wow! He’s got his arm around the female?
KIR. I have watched this video so many times and never picked up that he is walking and shielding someone who from the still is smaller, female and has light coloured trousers on.

It is either real or a refraction of the light. But when I look at how he walks this probably explains the limp.
It was said that police used experts to match people with the walking / limping patterns.

Did they not detect the person that Alley-man was assisting to walk along Heworth Place.

Were these people trying to take Claudia to a safe place as they were worried that she was at risk.

But then what happened next??

I do not have access to unedited footage the time stamp is clearly marked on the footage and is accessible to anyone who is prepared to look at it in more detail.
Its time comsuming and not everyone is interested in doing so.
<modsnip>
So you went through virtually frame by frame and you managed to reveal this within the police choppy ‘editing’?

KIR. I have watched this video so many times and never picked up that he is walking and shielding someone who from the still is smaller, female and has light coloured trousers on.

It is either real or a refraction of the light. But when I look at how he walks this probably explains the limp.
It was said that police used experts to match people with the walking / limping patterns.

Did they not detect the person that Alley-man was assisting to walk along Heworth Place.

Were these people trying to take Claudia to a safe place as they were worried that she was at risk.

But then what happened next??

There are many reasons what and why police choose to show on video some I mentioned in a previous post this is not an attempt to deceive the public in any way but to direct the publics attention to the subject they have interest in.
These videos are some 12 years old and the public now have computers and laptops of a much higher spec that can look at these videos in more detail.
I am interested in the case as a whole the cctv is just one thing that I include in my research.
NYP is asking for the identification of these people so to me the next step would to look at the footage in more detail.

I cannot answer your question 'Were these people trying to take Claudia to a safe place as they were worried that she was at risk.' as I do not know how this footage may if at all be linked to Claudias disappearance.

thank you for asking your questions in a respectful manner

JMO

Imo it's one person..I doubt the police would fail to mention a woman ...they would want eliminate them as a couple ..they would want people to try and be reminded of a couple walking if they want people to come forward
Yes, of course.

So you went through virtually frame by frame and you managed to reveal this within the police choppy ‘editing’?

Some details can be seen just by paying close attention to just one subject and their movement throughout the footage.
Other details can be seen by slowing the speed down on the video via the settings wheel
And yes other detail can be seen if you take each individual screenshots and just use simple tools to make the subject more visible. I am interested in doing this but its very time consuming.

I know other members have used this to view footage, again it depends on the spec of the device and tools you are using.
Another WS poster has some very good skills in this and has produced some much better images than myself.

JMO

Although of course any scenario is possible I struggle with a planned murder and multiple people involved
If Alleyman is involved its possible she had stayed overnight with him somewhere and he returned to the property to collect her rucksack...this scenario is possible with her already having been killed or not by this point

you could well be right.about the sole perp..im not discounting anything, but im pretty certain there were several people involved. in clearing up, regardless of whether. it was a planned or spontaneous attack or one. or more perps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie