Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I have kind of wondered? Considering TD had to work her butt off to keep the family afloat, I wonder if CD was the "fun" parent. Maybe the kids have him on favored status because she was always working and tired while he was always up for a play date. JMO

True. Tammy was always working, she put CD through college. Her obituary was sad to read. It sounded like she put everyone first.

I don't think that she got any trips to Hawaii or Disney.

I feel this is "Prior's Show" getting ALL the kids on the same page (even if some reluctance currently exists), and keeping the cases separate. I keep thinking that Lori's current "insanity" has something to do with the fact that Chad might be wanting a divorce.

I can see stepping on eggshells either way, thus nothing is happening yet...... I am sure all attorneys know the laws about spousal privilege, since it is the core of so many legal cases, but, what I don't fully understand is---how much worse off is Lori really, if a divorce is granted.

Maybe a lawyer can answer something I saw mentioned in a live chat last night: can one divorce an "incompetent" spouse?

It has been stated multiple times here that there is no spousal privilege when it comes to cases involving abuse or death of a child, according to Idaho law.

Lori is worse off if Chad divorces her. It is a clear signal that he is not willing to take 100% of the blame for her and say she had nothing to do with the deaths that surrounded her.

Maybe a lawyer can answer something I saw mentioned in a live chat last night: can one divorce an "incompetent" spouse?

It has been stated multiple times here that there is no spousal privilege when it comes to cases involving abuse or death of a child, according to Idaho law.

Lori is worse off if Chad divorces her. It is a clear signal that he is not willing to take 100% of the blame for her and say she had nothing to do with the deaths that surrounded her.

IANAL, but I believe the answer is yes, whether divorce or annulment. LV would need a Curator ad Litem, I guess, if she is still branded legally incompetent. It’s an interesting question. Can’t wait for a lawyer with experience in this sort of thing to chime in.

Which is ludicrous.

I've had a lot of chest colds that, ahem, required expectorant (trying not to gross everyone out).

Even on nights when I couldn't sleep, I've never coughed so hard I twisted sideways and fell out of bed. I've woke up aching from trying to suppress the coughs; coughing myself out of bed... no.

I also found Garth's description of Tammy being half on half off the bed, yet hearing a "thud", supposedly when this occurred. I don't understand why she would not have been all the way off the bed and how he accounts for this.

I do think that this was included in Garth's grand jury testimony. Supposedly his mother-in-law was called to testify about overhearing Garth say that he lifted Tammy back onto the bed.

A friend of mine died a couple of years ago. She was in the hospital and her son was standing by. He had been told that all her kidneys and lungs were shutting down, and she appeared comatose, when she suddenly flipped over. He took it that she was not as close to death as they had said. I took it as some kind of reflex movement by a body in the throes of death.

Since I have only recently joined WS. And have leaned so much from reading the post on here. I haven't gone back to the beginning and read everyone's input about all the people involved in this case. So I would like to know if others believe that there's more to MG involvement than she is saying? In one of her interviews she's ask the question if she introduced Lori to Chad. Although she tries to play it down. From all that she said it kind of sounds like that's what happened. Because if Lori was reading all of CD books before she met MG, why didn't she just take it upon herself to go to one of his book signings or speaking engagements before she met MG. Also when MG is making the recorded call to LVD and CD he answers the phone by addressing MG: Sweet Melanie, and then when she is testifying at his preliminary trail he corrects his attorney on how to pronounce her last name. It just sound so personal in a creepy kind of way.
With a few others, like Alex, MBP and ZP, MG was a member of Chad's mini cult, which seems to have been based in Arizona. So it's not surprising that Chad was friendly with her on the call. Lori wasn't known to attend PAP conferences before she went to one with MG. Maybe she would not have met Chad if she wasn't friends with MG first. Out of the core group members, MG is the only one who is fully cooperating with the investigation. ZP has an immunity agreement with the Idaho prosecutors, but we don't know how much she is ready to divulge, and MBP isn't talking.

You know what I have kind of wondered? Considering TD had to work her butt off to keep the family afloat, I wonder if CD was the "fun" parent. Maybe the kids have him on favored status because she was always working and tired while he was always up for a play date. JMO
Sorry but Chad and “fun” is creating a brain cramp for me, as is Chad and “play”. How could he ever be an entertaining compelling partner/parent in ANY situation. I don’t see it. JMO. YMMV

SBM. It was before he met Lori. Chad met JR (whose books he published) in 2014. JR claims that they both had visions of Tammy dying.

For those who have not seen the "Girl On Fire" AKA "Little Red" interview by Lauren Matthias on Hidden True Crime, Little Red says that the prophecy that the other spouse would die first was common at JR seminars - and in fact, JR had also predicted that her spouse, also a JR, would die first. Lauren followed that interview with one with ES, who elaborated on this as a contemplation on "what would I do if?".

I also found Garth's description of Tammy being half on half off the bed, yet hearing a "thud", supposedly when this occurred. I don't understand why she would not have been all the way off the bed and how he accounts for this.

I do think that this was included in Garth's grand jury testimony. Supposedly his mother-in-law was called to testify about overhearing Garth say that he lifted Tammy back onto the bed.

A friend of mine died a couple of years ago. She was in the hospital and her son was standing by. He had been told that all her kidneys and lungs were shutting down, and she appeared comatose, when she suddenly flipped over. He took it that she was not as close to death as they had said. I took it as some kind of reflex movement by a body in the throes of death.
In Tammy's case, in some versions of events Chad claimed that Tammy had been dead for hours when he discovered her. If that had been the case, she would not have moved on her own. Otherwise resuscitation could have been attempted. How come that Chad didn't hear her struggle to breathe? What woke him up? He told so many different versions that it's difficult to establish which elements are truthful, if any. One source of discrepancy was his attempt to present her death as peaceful to the public and another could be covering up for murder.

Last edited:

[At 4:54]
Scott Reisch: "We saw from the interview of [Chad's] children the other night [Wednesday night, September 1, 2021, on 48 Hours] . . . yep, that's right, [Prior] is running the defense of: his client was framed, [Chad] had no idea. It's obvious it was Alex [Cox] and Lori Vallow who were res

@3:20, same video, Scott also comments on John Prior's latest filing about still not receiving the grand jury transcripts. He lays the blame "completely on the prosecutors" for this.

This comes on top of Mark Means lengthy filing around the same time as the appointment of Jim Archibald to Lori's case, stating that sections of discovery that he received electronically were missing, along with reports that should have been included in Tammy Daybell's autopsy report. This was followed by another discovery request from Jim Archibald. What - he and Means aren't sharing documents or in fact is information being withheld from the defense? Repeated discovery requests from the defense throughout this entire case

To me, this does not bode well for the defense. I can't understand the strategy here because obviously the State is playing a big part in the delay of this trial.

And it does make me wonder if anyone, the Daybell siblings or the defense team, has had access to Tammy's complete autopsy report.

@3:20, same video, Scott also comments on John Prior's latest filing about still not receiving the grand jury transcripts. He lays the blame "completely on the prosecutors" for this.

This comes on top of Mark Means lengthy filing around the same time as the appointment of Jim Archibald to Lori's case, stating that sections of discovery that he received electronically were missing, along with reports that should have been included in Tammy Daybell's autopsy report. This was followed by another discovery request from Jim Archibald. What - he and Means aren't sharing documents or in fact is information being withheld from the defense? Repeated discovery requests from the defense throughout this entire case

To me, this does not bode well for the defense. I can't understand the strategy here because obviously the State is playing a big part in the delay of this trial.

And it does make me wonder if anyone, the Daybell siblings or the defense team, has had access to Tammy's complete autopsy report.
Isn't a separate request for discovery by the new attorney a proper (official) way instead of sharing documents between attorneys?

Any deficiencies (delays or mistakes) that occur on the prosecution's side now can't be attributed solely to RW as there are multiple prosecutors involved.

In Tammy's case, in some versions of events Chad claimed that Tammy had been dead for hours when he discovered her. If that had been the case, she would not have moved on her own. Otherwise resuscitation could have been attempted. How come that Chad didn't hear her struggle to breathe? What woke him up? He told so many different versions that it's difficult to establish which elements are truthful, if any. One source of discrepancy was his attempt to present her death as peaceful to the public and another could be covering up for murder.

I don't find the "peaceful death" description as troubling considering it was given as "faith building" to his AVOW audience, just as my friend's son would not have told about her sudden flipping over on the hospital bed at her funeral sermon.

Would one spouse sleep with the other who was actively sick, coughing and vomiting?

Obviously one could fall and then die on the spot. If someone is found dead on the floor you don't think they fell after they died, you would think they died on the floor.

I wonder if we will ever have answers to these questions since it is minute detail that may not be brought into trial, and if that is the entire story Garth presented to the grand jury.

IANAL, but I believe the answer is yes, whether divorce or annulment. LV would need a Curator ad Litem, I guess, if she is still branded legally incompetent. It’s an interesting question. Can’t wait for a lawyer with experience in this sort of thing to chime in.

Oh gee, I suppose the Curator ad Litem would be Mark Means?

Oh gee, I suppose the Curator ad Litem would be Mark Means?

I'll add to my own post that I do personally know of a case where a woman was divorced without her knowlege because the son had POA and without a divorce, his father would be held responsible for nursing home debts incurred by his mother. They had not lived together for many years, yet were still legally married.

So I'm guessing "yes", that if Mark Means has POA over Lori, a divorce could proceed without Lori being competent. Wasn't Means also questioning the transfer of half of Tammy's estate to the Daybell siblings when Chad has made no attempt to pay Means for Lori's representation?

Sorry but Chad and “fun” is creating a brain cramp for me, as is Chad and “play”. How could he ever be an entertaining compelling partner/parent in ANY situation. I don’t see it. JMO. YMMV
About the only time I can see the words "Chad" and "fun" being used together in the same sentence is when discussing a certain "raccoon" text as well. "Fun times!" Not! :mad:

YMMV.

It’s just so sickening how LVD keeps saying she knows “exactly where JJ is and he’s happy”.
CD is “sick to his stomach” about conspiracy theories re Tammys death.

Last edited:
I rememeber the name S from that list, but didn't think he meant his son, as there was no last name. If his children were on any lists, they likely weren't aware of it.

Seth

Son of Adam and Eve, born in the 130th year of Adam’s life in mortality (Luke 3:38; Moses 6:1–3; 6:9–11). A prophet and patriarch, he was ordained by Adam at the age of 69 years. He is called “a perfect man, and his likeness was the express likeness of his father, insomuch that he seemed to be like unto his father in all things” (D&C 107:42–43). The record says he lived 912 years (Gen. 5:8; Moses 6:16).

Seth

In this episode of Hidden, Lauren interviews a neighbor of Chad's who Chad attempted to recruit to their group. The name "Seth" appears @.50 as the previous incarnation of Jesus Christ. This list was apparently obtained through the 2500 page document dump.

The "thud" thing makes me wonder, too. A thud indicates she wasn't "dying peacefully" as Chad tried to make everyone believe. I would understand a thud if she was trying to squirm out from under a pillow being held over her face, though.

Dead people rarely make thuds, and Chad's story was that she'd been obviously dead for a while with eyes closed and a slight smile. So, what was the thud? If there was a thud.

Or, is Chad presplaining some evidence that's going to come up at trial?

What yead did CD first start the predictions that TD would die young? Was that before or after he met LVD? In the 48 hr interview VI mentioned LVD was reading CD books in 2017. ML mentioned CD and LVD met sometime in 2018. So I was wondering if it all corresponds around the time they met or after. How long were they actually planning CV and TD deaths?
https://www-cbsnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/chad-daybell-children-claim-he-was-fooled-lori-vallow-48-hours/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#aoh=16307185305483&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/chad-daybell-children-claim-he-was-fooled-lori-vallow-48-hours/#aoh=16307185305483&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s
"A felony indictment indicates that on Oct. 26, 2018, Lori Vallow Daybell and Chad Daybell began discussing their religious beliefs to justify killing Tammy Daybell, Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan."
The latest timeline in the Lori and Chad Daybell case - East Idaho News

That's a year before Tammy died.

To me, that's the date that the prosecution has evidence of the beginning of the conspiracy. It could have started earlier, without documentation.

It's interesting that it doesn't mention a plan to murder Charles Vallow.

It seems unlikely that Lori and Chad would be conspiring about the 3 later deaths, and meanwhile Lori acting alone in her desire to eliminate Charles.

I think it's just the prosecution constructing the case out of what they can prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998