SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many shell casings, but he survived in a condition that allowed him to make phone calls. I wonder why the attackers left? Perhaps AM had a weapon to protect himself? It would make sense, given what has happened to his family members.

Gut feel is this sounds targeted

Multiple shell casings seems like the intent was to kill… IMO

Hopefully they have a good description of the truck and enough evidence to find the perp and determine the intent behind this.
They sure made sure Maggie and Paul were dead and he isn't injured enough to not be able to call his brother?Interesting.

I hope the surviving Murdaugh brother, B, is in a safe house somewhere.

I don't even know what to think. Are we getting the true/whole story? And is LE okay with this information being out there?

This is purely speculation, of course, but I keep wondering if, perhaps, it was someone in the law enforcement community who found PM too inconvenient, worried about what might come to light during the "discovery" phase of the trials. My thoughts keep returning to the shotgun and AR-type rifle used in the murders. These are common enough anywhere, but nowadays, nearly every police cruiser comes equipped with both, as standard equipment.

In my county of residence here, back in the 1970s and 80s, the county sheriff ran the local cocaine trafficking network. Lots of people knew about it, but no information about it ever came out in court. He retired prosperously. What sort of conspiracy might lurk beneath the surface in the Low Country?
I’m on the same page due to the potential pending OOJ charges/ trial.
So it seems there will be no call from Alex to 911 to listen to.
good thing Randy wasn’t outside with the dogs.

The latest news report above says he called 911 himself. It's apparently not a life threatening wound.

He saw the men who shot him - 2 men, police found at least 10 casings at the scene.
:eek: i mean i know it's possible, but it's so crazy to me that any gunshot wound to the head could be non-life threatening

So who knew the 'back' road was going to be taken and the car was going to breakdown? Or could this have been planned and self-inflicted to divert attention away from the family? The killer of Mrs. Murdaugh and son were very efficient. One would think if this alleged attempt at Mr. Murdaugh was committed by the same perpetrators, he would not be alive. Very fishy.

:eek: i mean i know it's possible, but it's so crazy to me that any gunshot wound to the head could be non-life threatening

The only way I can think of for a wound to the head to be non-life-threatening would be if it barely grazed the scalp.

If the bullet had impacted the skull it seems to me that there would be brain swelling from the trauma, which would be life-threatening.

Last edited:
And a truck being the assailants mode of transport to fire these shots from?
Heavy duty truck comes to mind with the mention of truck.
Not a very good choice for a fast get away vehicle, not to mention being conspicuous.
This whole incident sems Almost too far fetched to be true.

IMO this is the most “freakishly bizarre” random road rage/stranger shooting or he was targeted. Either his tire was meant to go flat or he was being followed and they saw an opportunity. This is just wild though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998