Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the turkey
My understanding is that:
  • MM1 supposedly shot the turkey
  • before the girls’ camping trip over the MD weekend, SM drove MM2 to Gunnison to meet MM1 as MM1 was already at school there
so if MM1 was in Gunnison before the weekend, when exactly did she shoot the turkey? If it was days or as much as a week before, wouldn’t the carcass have maggots, have been scavenged, or attracted predators? I can’t imagine the feathers would have been salvageable. If Barry was such an expert hunter, why would he leave the carcass for such a period?
moo

I doubt it. The optics are horrible, especially if if he expected it to be captured on camera.

We’ll likely never know what he dumped, but I think it’s a safe bet it will factor into the picture the jury ends up forming here.

Had he made one big trash dump in camera shot, it would look a hell of a lot better than 5 separate ones, spread out at multiple locations that he didn’t even utilize for another purpose (food at McDonald’s for instance).

He clearly didn’t follow the Dulos case.
Just jumping off your post -

Just playing devil's advocate here - if LE don't have BM on video or surveillance at all of these alleged trash dump stops, how do they know that's what he was doing? Truck and/or phone information may show these stops, but I guess it's possible that maybe he was doing something else, such as, for example, sitting there talking to somebody that he made arrangements to meet with there at these particular stops? Possibly? And that gives me another thought, he could've easily made phone calls from the HIE also, knowing that those calls wouldn't show then on his cell phone records/analysis? I mean, after all, he spent quite a bit of time in his room there from what we've learned.

As an added note, for those who may not know, yes I do think BM is responsible for SM's disappearance/demise.

JMO

Maybe I should get a t-shirt printed for 9/17... I could get it designed where it includes pics of all of BMs zoo animals... or a tranquilizer dart... or a bobcat... or... or... or... so many options...

Yes! yes! a beautiful picture of our zoo! And the best thing is that BM won't have a clue what it's all about! :D

• before the girls’ camping trip over the MD weekend, SM drove MM2 to Gunnison to meet MM1 as MM1 was already at school there
so if MM1 was in Gunnison before the weekend, when exactly did she shoot the turkey? If it was days or as much as a week before, wouldn’t the carcass have maggots, have been scavenged, or attracted predators? I can’t imagine the feathers would have been salvageable. If Barry was such an expert hunter, why would he leave the carcass for such a period?
moo
Feathers. Turkey feathers are similar looking to eagle feathers and have monetary value.

moo
My thought when I first heard his claim was that MM had injured a turkey that had run off and he was trying to find the (presumed by now) carcass, to remove it before it would smell? And also to not leave an injured/in pain creature behind. Of course now that we know BM's hunting ethics or lack thereof, I'm sure I made the wrong interpretation of that. MOO

So then there must be a road that runs behind it?

@OldCop made us this map showing the access roads between SM and Ritter.
8C95CDB1-B517-4EB5-9C44-583514DB3F0D.jpeg
The road that appears to go NW from SM's home towards the Ritters dead ends on Morphew's side of the river.

Thanks so much @NoSI! Beautiful river photo! It looks even narrower in this photo than what I've seen in others. I wonder what time of year this photo was taken, first guess autumn, but IDK.
I had been thinking that if she was in a container, cooler, barrel, etc. He would have moved rocks to make a hole and then replaced them atop the container in the hole and made sure the rocks covering the area would be heavy enough to not be moved down stream by the current.
He would have made holes in the container so that it would not be able to float and probably added rocks inside for weight. It could have been done and been easier to do) at the edge close to the shore. (Just covering some speculation regarding bodies or skeletal remains floating down the river or it being too rocky). MOO
That being said, I defer to the posters who are familiar with the river and the available river data.
And I still think it more likely (not decidedly) that she is in a container at the bottom of an abandoned mine.
A silver mine, maybe? It would be interesting to know more about BM's investment in silver. Where's the closest silver mine? Off to see...

Feathers. Turkey feathers are similar looking to eagle feathers and have monetary value.

yes, this has been mentioned before, but my point is that if the turkey was shot by MM1 it had to have occurred a number of days at least earlier - by the time BM was supposedly searching for and retrieving it, the carcass would most probably have been putrid or mauled or both and the feathers unsalvageable

It actually reminds me of an episode of Columbo (my hero ha ha) . :) I bet the LE played dumb or buddied up to BM and he just kept blabbing and incriminating himself.....the things he said regarding his and SM's relationship/sex life and his God stuff all makes me cringe.
You mean like asking LE for immunity if he talks? Who does that if they are innocent?

yes, this has been mentioned before, but my point is that if the turkey was shot by MM1 it had to have occurred a number of days at least earlier - by the time BM was supposedly searching for and retrieving it, the carcass would most probably have been putrid or mauled or both and the feathers unsalvageable
If MM1 is called as a witness...will LE ask her if she shot a turkey?

If MM1 is called as a witness...will LE ask her if she shot a turkey?
If this goes to trial, I think we'll see those answers. I bet a lot of it is already in evidence, but the State isn't going to pay for an expert unless and until it's bound over for trial. Which I think it will be.

To me 'secret account' just means what was said above - secret from Barry. How she could accomplish the funds transfer, though, is a good question. Surely they both had online access to his/their business account. Was there really cash in the safe? Or were Suzanne's accounts rather puny - gotten by skimming off her household allowance?

I think almost everything Barry used to invest in his original business and all the other things...was from Suzanne's family. They BETTER look into the financials - it's probably another huge tangled web.
Yes...they need to look into the financials...but also, they need to determine who handled the financials....IIRC, Suzanne
helped with the business books. But to what extent? Payroll? Paying business bills? Who paid the personal bills? If we are to believe that Barry controlled the finances...then it needs to be determined how he did that...in order to find out how Suzanne was able to extract monies from which sources and funnel them into a separate account. My guess is that this will be a convoluted mess.

Wanted to share with you who stopped by for a visit at my home... Nope, i did not follow, harm, or shoot them... :rolleyes:

Happy Sunday All! Thinking of you Suzanne... Always!

Attachments

• 20210902_070428_compress58.jpg
    20210902_070428_compress58.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 142
Thanks so much @NoSI! Beautiful river photo! It looks even narrower in this photo than what I've seen in others. I wonder what time of year this photo was taken, first guess autumn, but IDK.
I had been thinking that if she was in a container, cooler, barrel, etc. He would have moved rocks to make a hole and then replaced them atop the container in the hole and made sure the rocks covering the area would be heavy enough to not be moved down stream by the current.
He would have made holes in the container so that it would not be able to float and probably added rocks inside for weight. It could have been done and been easier to do) at the edge close to the shore. (Just covering some speculation regarding bodies or skeletal remains floating down the river or it being too rocky). MOO
That being said, I defer to the posters who are familiar with the river and the available river data.
And I still think it more likely (not decidedly) that she is in a container at the bottom of an abandoned mine.

Since his property has large boulders all over the place, he could have buried her underneath one that wasn't along the water. In the water or on the bank nearby is very risky because the action of the water and the varying levels as seasons change would pose a constant risk of exposing what was buried.

I don't know if she is buried on the PP property but if she is, I speculate under a big boulder but NOT at the water. MOO

Maybe it was going to be said that the plan was to always leave at 5am on that day and he went there but she didn't wake up. I would think if she had any texts on her phone to confirm the 530pm timeline that might be why he didn't want her to turn that phone over. He was going to suggest that he always planned to leave early and she ended up having to come up later because she didn't come outside so he left her. Now if he planted something what would it have been? Maybe he did and they never found it?
I don't think Barry could have explained all of the questionable articles he had inside his truck, which normally wasn't there....only to make multiple stops in Broomfield and dispose of them, selectively....That one would not have passed the smell test, either. Remember, MG already told authorities that on Saturday am...Barry was "acting weird". She would know that something was rotten in Denmark...and Barry knew that she would know. Thats why she didn't ride in his truck to Broomfield, imo.

Last edited:
Was that around the same time Barry’s khaki shorts appeared in the dryer? Because it then makes sense they where in one of the khaki’s pockets.
Yes. The clothes he was apparently wearing that day were found in the dryer. Most people probably don’t immediately wash the clothes they were just wearing, unless there is more laundry to be done.

So it makes sense that Barry washed the clothes he was wearing after murdering Suzanne, and accidentally left the cap in his pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288