Found Safe MN - Herrington Family (Robert, Erika & their four kids), Stearns Co, 4 Sep 2021

savagewoman

Reaction score
Stearns County Sheriff's Office seeks help locating mother, 4 children | kare11.com

The family was last seen traveling in a white 2015 Hyundai Sonata, with a black top - Minnesota license plate BWD 364.

The Stearns County Sheriff's Office says it is seeking the public's help locating a mother and her four children, after they were reported to be traveling in a vehicle with the children's father, who has a restraining order against seeing the mother.
The Herrington family is as follows:
Robert - Father
Erika - Mother
Landon (8)
Carter (8)
Briella (3)
Delilah (2)

Law enforcement says Robert Herrington has a Domestic Assault No Contact Order preventing him from seeing his wife.

Court records show this isn't the first time the kids and wife disappeared with the man.
Robert Herrington, 34, is free on bail awaiting sentencing after pleading guilty to domestic assault for pinning his wife down on the floor by her neck and threatening her with a knife in December 2019.
Two months later, Erika Herrington's mother reported her and the children missing, telling police she believes Robert said he would hurt Erika and their children.
After authorities finally tracked down the family hiding in South Dakota, they came back to Minnesota and Robert was charged twice in the last year with violating the no contact order.

IMO I remember when this first happened in 2019. Very scary for all involved.
They mentioned - maybe heading to Canada!

A1FRt75cApL._UY560_.png

2015 Hyundai Sonata with black top. not their actual car but close

IMO probably very crowded with 2 adults and 4 kids

Thanks for starting this thread , @savagewoman !
I'm curious why the wife returned to him after the previous incident ?
Not victim blaming as I believe the wife is a true victim; but maybe he threatened her to the point where she thought he'd hurt the children if they had joint custody ?
As in, "Look, I'll come back to you, please don't hurt the kids !"

Hope they're ok and just hiding somewhere.
Still sad and frightening, to uproot those children and go on the run.
The husband sounds like he has temper issues ? :(

Eta : After the knife incident ... that wife should have received full custody and he should've been behind bars.
Grrr !
"Free on bail...." Pffft !
Who paid his bail money ? Or did he pay it himself w/a cc ?
Imo.

Last edited:
Oh no! This sounds like a very volatile situation ... I wonder if LE can track their phones? They could be anywhere by now! Prayers all around ... 8 year olds should be in school ... doesn’t sound good at all ... moo

Prayers for all of them.
My instincts point to very negative future findings, but so hoping all are safe and unharmed. How/why in the world did Mom decide to get in a car with this man? Did she have a choice? Just scary, scary, scary -- and those young children, probably caught in the middle of it all. SMH.

I live here. I don't believe the wife exactly "went willingly". Victims of severe domestic abuse like this will go quietly to avoid a scene and to protect her children. I hope they are found soon. School starts today.

Yes, not judging mom unless there's more info.
Can't imagine the impact a hot tempered or cold and calculated person could have on someone and create a fear that overwhelms one.
Unless a person's been involved in that situation ...

This sounds scary as he's been in trouble for about the same thing before (DV but not kidnapping ? If that's what's happened ?); and he might think this is it.
He's not going back to jail and he's not going down for this.
As in he has nothing to lose.
Yikes !
Hope I'm wrong and she can grab the kids and escape.

Sometimes I don't think the court system treats dangerous people harshly enough !
No offense to those who work with these situations, and have a clearer understanding of how the court system operates.
Imo.

News Release- UPDATE

Stearns County, MN sent this bulletin at 09/07/2021 03:39 PM CDT
News Release- UPDATE
On the evening of Saturday, September 4th, the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office posted information on our Facebook and Twitter accounts regarding our attempts to locate the Herrington’s and their four children. Since then, we have received several tips and other information, but we have not located them. Robert Herrington is the subject of a Domestic Abuse No Contact Order and is barred from having contact with Erika Herrington. Due to a past history of domestic abuse this is not a safe environment for the children to be in. Robert Herrington was arrested by our office on August 8th for a No Contact Order Violation. On that date he was found with Erika and their children inside a storage unit in St. Augusta. Because of these circumstances, Stearns County and the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office are looking to locate the family to assess their current situation and possibly take appropriate action.
We are working with our partners here in Stearns County and across the area to process tips received. Please note, while there is concern for the surroundings and conditions the children may be in, we do not currently have information that would prompt our office to request an Amber Alert be issued. Amber Alert criteria is well established but does not fit this situation at this time.
If you have information that may lead to the current whereabouts of the Herrington’s, please contact our office or your local law enforcement agency to make a report. We will provide updates as they are available.

Still Missing

'There Is Concern For The Children's Welfare:' Entire Family Of Six Missing After Father Served With No-Contact Order | Oxygen Official Site

This isn’t the first incident in which the family was reported missing and in possible danger.
Erika Herrington's mother reported her and the children missing last year, KARE11 in Minneapolis reports. Investigators eventually found them along with Robert in South Dakota. But before doing so, Erika’s mom told them that she feared Robert was going to hurt them all,
He has indeed hurt Erika previously.
Just two months before that incident, Robert pinned Erika down on the floor by her neck before threatening her with a knife.
He’s currently awaiting sentencing for that incident after pleading guilty to domestic assault.
Robert was charged twice with violating the no-contact order over the past year, KARE11 reports.

BBM
IMO More info about past incidences (predicts future actions?)

... still impatiently waiting for an update ... praying they are soon found safe ... such a difficult situation for the victims and their extended families. It would be so helpful in these DV situations if the no contact orders included mandatory Counselling, Anger Management classes, and anything more that could help to diffuse things. After all, a No Contact Order is just a piece of paper, not much of a barrier for a person out of control and capable of serious harm. Moo

... still impatiently waiting for an update ... praying they are soon found safe ... such a difficult situation for the victims and their extended families. It would be so helpful in these DV situations if the no contact orders included mandatory Counselling, Anger Management classes, and anything more that could help to diffuse things. After all, a No Contact Order is just a piece of paper, not much of a barrier for a person out of control and capable of serious harm. Moo

You're absolutely right, @iQuill -- it's just a piece of paper. And in this case, seems like something as solid as a door wouldn't stop him if he is determined to do her harm, but that's JMO.
Those two 8 y/olds are young but they have got to have noticed things in the past between Mom & Dad.
And now they're all in the car -- only a few feet away from mom and dad. It can't be a good place. They're bound to be scared at least a little, if not a lot. My heart aches. And if the ultimate action occurs to Mom, there those children are -- dad in the pokey awaiting trial, and so on and on. Praying this situation ends soon with all alive and well and one on his way to jail.

Out on bail..after pinning her to the floor by the neck and threatening her with a knife. I could puke. Not to be vulgar but you could wipe your butt with a no contact order if the abuser intends to come after you..I am so tired of our legal system treating DV cases the way it does. So so so many women dead with a no contact order thinking that would protect them. Hope this ends well, but what are the odds. :mad::mad::mad::(:(

Court records show this isn't the first time the kids and wife disappeared with the man.
Robert Herrington, 34, is free on bail awaiting sentencing after pleading guilty to domestic assault for pinning his wife down on the floor by her neck and threatening her with a knife in December 2019.
Two months later, Erika Herrington's mother reported her and the children missing, telling police she believes Robert said he would hurt Erika and their children.
After authorities finally tracked down the family hiding in South Dakota, they came back to Minnesota and Robert was charged twice in the last year with violating the no contact order.

This is the most disgusting part imo. He clearly will NOT abide by the order. We need to do better by DV victims from a court/criminal justice perspective.

Out on bail..after pinning her to the floor by the neck and threatening her with a knife. I could puke. Not to be vulgar but you could wipe your butt with a no contact order if the abuser intends to come after you..I am so tired of our legal system treating DV cases the way it does. So so so many women dead with a no contact order thinking that would protect them. Hope this ends well, but what are the odds. :mad::mad::mad::(:(

After doing that AND violating the order two more times after that! I'm with you hawkeye.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back