FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hair/hat and white clothing with black shoes, on POI in the video, should have brought forth witnesses. This is someone who works in that type of clothing as it is not normal wear. They might wear something over the white t-shirt, but the pants and shoes seems to be work uniform. Who wears white like that, chefs, hospital workers, who else? Who wears white big pants, black shoes to work? Bakery worker, or caterer?

What about Disney World food workers? Do they wear white pants, black shoes? That hair or hat is so distinct. Someone knows, but did they see the video?

Some thoughts about the final phone call Jennifer made to Rob in the evening of the 23rd...

During this call, Rob said they had a disagreement that was typical for any couple and that Jennifer told him she heard a knock at the door, believing it to be "the upstairs male neighbour." I always wondered what this disagreement was about and never saw him elaborate on it until I read through most of this thread and saw this post by marable...

On the phone with Rob on Monday night she told him that she was tired and in bed ...According to Rob , Jennifer had told him that she loved him and he did not tell her that he loved her ...I am sure she was feeling insecure about their relationship at that point ...Perhaps she felt like she wasn't going to sleep anyway because of that and decided to go out for drinks to relax ...Could she have just not wanted to tell Rob she was going out later ? Could someone have called her after she hung the phone up with Rob wanting to see her or just showed up at her door ? I do believe that Jennifer's abduction was personal by someone she knew and thought she could trust ...

However I still have my own theory. I wonder if Rob actually heard the knock at the door and questioned Jennifer about it - e.g. "Why is someone knocking on your door at this time?" or "Who have you invited over?" or similar accusatory questions. I'm not trying to paint Rob as a controlling, jealous type at all. I don't know him or what he was/is like as a partner, but it's just a thought. When you consider that this phone call was very brief, only a handful of things could have caused a "disagreement" in such a short space of time. Quizzing her about the door knock - or, now that I have learned, the unreciprocated "I love you"comment - are things that would make sense here.

What also pushes me in that direction is the fact she specified it was a male neighbour. Did this person knock and call out to her when she didn't answer, and this male voice was heard by Rob so she had to explain it in some way? I noticed a few sleuthers speculating she likely knew who was knocking as she didn't check to see who it was and that she may have been seeing another man/men. Maybe this man was at the door, or it was her ex-boyfriend who was out drinking at a nearby bar that same night. She may not have wanted to explain why an ex was there?

I'm fairly sure that whatever the disagreement was about isn't of any importance/relevance to the case, but it might give some insight into whether Jennifer knew the person knocking or not. With her phone still pinging off different towers after this call, it suggests she, or the phone at least, went out right after hanging up the phone... possibly with this mystery visitor??

Last edited:
I personally dont like cozying up to the Kesses posts I have that temptation but it feels voyeuristic like people who go to funerals of murdered people. QUESTION:

Why would Jennifer take too much time time off work in order to be at her unit while work is done? After all she would know they have keys. Who do you know who would do that? Not victim blaming wondering.

What’s illogical to me is they say she insisted on always present when the workers were in her apartment, but they also say she couldn’t change her locks yet because she still had some work to be done. If you insist on being there then why wouldn’t you change the locks. You’ll be there to let them inside.

I honestly don’t think mosaic is the crime scene because of the phone records. I go back and forth if she was even in her car after she was abducted (if she was even abducted). It wouldn’t surprise me if she left the mosaic willingly, drove somewhere, got out of the car, and then something happened. Then the perp used their vehicle to dispose of her and had someone dump her car once they knew people were already looking for her.

The hair/hat and white clothing with black shoes, on POI in the video, should have brought forth witnesses. This is someone who works in that type of clothing as it is not normal wear. They might wear something over the white t-shirt, but the pants and shoes seems to be work uniform. Who wears white like that, chefs, hospital workers, who else? Who wears white big pants, black shoes to work? Bakery worker, or caterer?
They don’t know if the clothing is white. The cop’s blue uniforms showed up white as well.

Some thoughts about the final phone call Jennifer made to Rob in the evening of the 23rd...

During this call, Rob said they had a disagreement that was typical for any couple and that Jennifer told him she heard a knock at the door, believing it to be "the upstairs male neighbour." I always wondered what this disagreement was about and never saw him elaborate on it until I read through most of this thread and saw this post by marable...

However I still have my own theory. I wonder if Rob actually heard the knock at the door and questioned Jennifer about it - e.g. "Why is someone knocking on your door at this time?" or "Who have you invited over?" or similar accusatory questions. I'm not trying to paint Rob as a controlling, jealous type at all. I don't know him or what he was/is like as a partner, but it's just a thought. When you consider that this phone call was very brief, only a handful of things could have caused a "disagreement" in such a short space of time. Quizzing her about the door knock - or, now that I have learned, the unreciprocated "I love you"comment - are things that would make sense here.

What also pushes me in that direction is the fact she specified it was a male neighbour. Did this person knock and call out to her when she didn't answer, and this male voice was heard by Rob so she had to explain it in some way? I noticed a few sleuthers speculating she likely knew who was knocking as she didn't check to see who it was and that she may have been seeing another man/men. Maybe this man was at the door, or it was her ex-boyfriend who was out drinking at a nearby bar that same night. She may not have wanted to explain why an ex was there?

I'm fairly sure that whatever the disagreement was about isn't of any importance/relevance to the case, but it might give some insight into whether Jennifer knew the person knocking or not. With her phone still pinging off different towers after this call, it suggests she, or the phone at least, went out right after hanging up the phone... possibly with this mystery visitor??
That knock happened another night (before the trip to St Croix).

Is there a video where I can see that? The clothing looks pretty white in the video, loose fitting. It is Black and White video, if the clothing was darker I would expect it to be shaded. Would love to see the video of cops blue uniforms showing white, I haven't seen that, do you possibly have a link?

As far as I know they only released the parts you’ve seen. They’ve known the coloring is off since the beginning of the case, and it’s been discussed repeatedly in past threads.

New to the thread. Apologize if repeating. The POI must have lived nearby, or had their car at Jennifer's condo when they dropped her car off at location it was found, and walked back to their car. They were on foot. Jennifer's condo was 1.2 mi from car, easily walked. I am very suspicious of a place under construction with many workers in and out. I imagine they looked closely at the workers, condo occupants, regular restaurant customers, and those that may have had a key. POI size, weight should be determined from fence.

As far as I know they only released the parts you’ve seen. They’ve known the coloring is off since the beginning of the case, and it’s been discussed repeatedly in past threads.
Yep, you are correct. I just saw another sight that was showing an example. I am new to the thread and haven't read anything about this case for a long time.

Not according to this timeline and their source: https://www.actus-reus.com/jennifer-kesse-timeline
I know....Now he’s saying something different. Wouldn’t surprise me if it changes again.
From their go fund me
“Q. Please explain the knock at the door. Was it Monday, January 23? Who was she on the phone with at the time of the knock and what were her exact words? If it was a neighbor, was the neighbor male or female?
A. Jenn was on the phone with her childhood best friend at the time of the knock. Here’s what she says about it: It was relatively soon after she moved into the condo and someone knocked on the door. I am not exactly sure of the date, but I know it was not on the 23rd as I talked to her earlier that day. It was probably around 8/9 pm. I remember asking if she was going to check who it was and she said that she did not need to answer the door to anyone that late at night. She also told me another time one of her neighbors unexpectedly knocked on the door to introduce himself. She said he was nice enough but I think she was a little skeptical of everyone at this point because it was all new and Jenn approached everything and everyone with caution.”

I know....Now he’s saying something different. Wouldn’t surprise me if it changes again.
From their go fund me
“Q. Please explain the knock at the door. Was it Monday, January 23? Who was she on the phone with at the time of the knock and what were her exact words? If it was a neighbor, was the neighbor male or female?
A. Jenn was on the phone with her childhood best friend at the time of the knock. Here’s what she says about it: It was relatively soon after she moved into the condo and someone knocked on the door. I am not exactly sure of the date, but I know it was not on the 23rd as I talked to her earlier that day. It was probably around 8/9 pm. I remember asking if she was going to check who it was and she said that she did not need to answer the door to anyone that late at night. She also told me another time one of her neighbors unexpectedly knocked on the door to introduce himself. She said he was nice enough but I think she was a little skeptical of everyone at this point because it was all new and Jenn approached everything and everyone with caution.”
Yep, we really know nothing. Because what's said today will change tomorrow.

However, I would like to make a notation about the "Jennifer Kesse Timeline" linked earlier.

Here is the direct quote, bolding by me:
Quote: Drew Kesse says that during this call with Rob, Jennifer said she heard a knock on her door and she believed that it was a male upstairs neighbor. She didn’t answer the door. [58]
https://www.actus-reus.com/jennifer-kesse-timeline

The "[58]" is intended as a direct link to the source for that incorrect statement and below you will find it:
Quote: 58. “Now there was a knock on her door that Monday night and she believed it was her neighbor upstairs, it was a guy, she didn’t answer it” -Drew Kesse, Timestamp 9:00, Unconcluded Podcast Episode 24: Unit 2226

Could someone point out to me where Kesse said that the knock happened during the phone call with Rob?

Someone put a lot of work into that timeline, so A+ for their effort. But there are errors.

However, I would like to make a notation about the "Jennifer Kesse Timeline" linked earlier.

Quote: Drew Kesse says that during this call with Rob, Jennifer said she heard a knock on her door and she believed that it was a male upstairs neighbor. She didn’t answer the door. [58]

The "[58]" is intended as a direct link to the source for that incorrect statement and below you will find it:
Quote: 58. “Now there was a knock on her door that Monday night and she believed it was her neighbor upstairs, it was a guy, she didn’t answer it” -Drew Kesse, Timestamp 9:00, Unconcluded Podcast Episode 24: Unit 2226

Could someone point out to me where Kesse said that the knock happened during the phone call with Rob?

Someone put a lot of work into that timeline, so A+ for their effort. But there are errors.

Good catch. He does just say that Monday night in this particular interview. I just went back and listened.

From their go fund me

I see, it's all quite confusing! Thanks for that.

I listened from the timestamp and you're right, he didn't specifically state it was during the call with Rob, just that there was a knock that night. My bad. Although I suppose we could infer that Rob told him this happened during the call because how else did her father know about the knock? Unless she spoke to her father at some point on the phone then she may have mentioned it to him then, but I don't believe I've seen that stated anywhere.

"She also told me another time one of her neighbors unexpectedly knocked on the door to introduce himself."

Well, I wonder if he really was a neighbour or it was just someone pretending and scouting her out??

Anything sounds possible in that weird half-built half-lived in apartment block.

I listened from the timestamp and you're right, he didn't specifically state it was during the call with Rob, just that there was a knock that night. My bad. Although I suppose we could infer that Rob told him this happened during the call because how else did her father know about the knock? Unless she spoke to her father at some point on the phone then she may have mentioned it to him then, but I don't believe I've seen that stated anywhere.
I, for one, would not infer that. Jennifer talked to more people than Rob that evening. And if we read comment 417, perhaps what hopefully will be inferred is that it was Jennifer's childhood best friend who shared the info with Jennifer's father.

The tale that it occurred while Jennifer was last speaking with her boyfriend is a made-up scenario with absolutely no bases in fact that was repeated and repeated and repeated.

And now we can also hopefully infer that Kesse simply misspoke in the podcast and the knocking on the door he mentioned did not even happen on the 23rd.

blow ups person of interest jessicq kesse - Bing images

blow ups person of interest jessicq kesse - Bing images

www.justiceforchandra.com :: View topic - Blowup of Jennifer Kesse person of interest / suspect

I am posting these ONLY for the blow up images I realize WS does not normally allow blogs and I personally disagree with the conclusions of this website HOWEVER they spent enormous amounts of time blowing up these images and working on them. It is at least a rigorous quasi scientific attempt. The site holder actually thinks we can see a face of the poi in the third shot what do you think? If that is really the suspect's face turning around to look back at the car then I do seem them as a young white male. But is that really what we are seeing?

Thank you for the kind words. I did spend a lot of time on the images in hopes it would help.
The nature of the beast concerning all 3 images but in image 3 the face is that I posted what I have to look at and judge. One can, and many people have, just disregard all my work on principle. It's a very compelling face with headgear to me and many people who have looked at it. As I combed through the blowups for months in 2007 I can tell you that I didn't see anything similar elsewhere. That face is more than a few dots that make up many "looks like a face" artifacts.
Concerning your earlier question on why black skin couldn't look white as the clothes are, I posted (and linked here in years past) side by side images of normal and light with night vision images which show the lightness impact of the IR on clothes. It's a material thing. For example the black fence and black shoes are not lightened. It's not an inverse black and white and thing.
I'm still reviewing new comments this year but stopped to reply to this post.

rd

Concerning size of shoes, I've done a lot of work on the images in analyzing distortion. In general the image is enlarged as it goes down from midpoint, say the gate keyhole, POI's beltline, etc. It makes for odd looking legs and even odder shoes compared to POI's back and head.

I ran the image through a distortion correction and posted the result on the Blowup page a couple of years ago (? not sure, time flies and didn't look it up). It was helpful and I even got a better look at his face through the bars that some people have said they saw through the years. This is in image 2, and it's just some of the side of the face. But all in all the distortion correction was helpful but didn't add any new info. Still I put it at top of Blowup page as the large shoes really confuse people, I'd say second most to the coloring of the clothes, or uniform in my opinion.

Last edited:
From their go fund me
OK, who is this neighbor? Has he been ruled out?

OK, who is this neighbor? Has he been ruled out?

It is an important question. It is something that could still be researched and assuming she was not dissimulating surely it would mean they had knocked another night. Otherwise how could she have any idea? Now since Mr. Kesse seems to take it so blandly I would guess were checked. It is interesting that we are assuming it was male. Poster F's recent pointing out that Jennifer wanted to be at the condo during repairs AND missed work yet couldn't get the locked changed is very good.....and maddening a true paradox. That is precisely the type of thing you can get done quickly of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah