SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped by me for focus...

How could that work though if not a private firm but the Solicitor's Office?

Was AM a straight-up volunteer so then all the cases he worked on were pro bono?

If he was paid that would be tax payer's money. Wouldn't there be required checks and balances in place?
I think the money was stolen from his firm and the solicitors’ office “volunteer” hours was a cover for access and to remain part of the “good old boys network” and all that may entail…
JMO

Again forgive me. Just too long to catch up.
It hasn't been factualized where he was at the time of deaths?
How can that be?
If LE knows they haven't shared, which is not surprising since it's an active investigation. It's been reported that he had taken his elderly father to the hospital and then came home and found the bodies. But as far as I know nothing has been confirmed publicly by a reliable independent source. LE may certainly know the facts, but they haven't shared that.

If LE knows they haven't shared, which is not surprising since it's an active investigation. It's been reported that he had taken his elderly father to the hospital and then came home and found the bodies. But as far as I know nothing has been confirmed publicly by a reliable independent source. LE may certainly know the facts, but they haven't shared that.

Thx.
That's a wow.

Alex Murdaugh enters rehab amid allegations of missing money from SC law firm

Griffin said there were entry and exit wounds from the bullet, and he described the injury as significant. He said he suspects the incident was a set-up, and that the gunman slashed Murdaugh’s tire and then followed the lawyer until he pulled over.

“He’s very lucky to be alive,” Griffin said.

The Post and Courier requested a report on the incident from the Hampton County Sheriff’s Office, but officials said Sept. 7 that the document would not be ready for another two days.

No arrests have been made in that shooting, and neither SLED nor the Sheriff’s Office have released any descriptions of suspects or the vehicle from which the shots reportedly emanated.

Murdaugh met with SLED agents and a sketch artist after his release from the hospital on Sept. 6 to produce composites of the gunman and truck from the shooting, Griffin said. So far, no drawings have been released to the public. Griffin said neither Murdaugh nor SLED were satisfied with the accuracy of the sketch of the gunman.

SLED spokesman Tommy Crosby would not say if agents met with Murdaugh, and he said the agency had no information to release about the vehicle or its driver.

How can a through and through gunshot wound be superficial? That does not compute.

Yes! The IRS will certainly get their piece of the pie.

Likely, there was no legal requirement for the firm to be audited, let alone on an annual basis. Many businesses operate without audits being performed, as it is typically only legally required for companies that are publicly traded; that receive certain or substantial federal, state, or other grant awards; that wish to receive certain funding from banks or other financial institutions; etc.

Also, as a financial statement auditor, I like to remind people that audits are not conducted to find fraud, but to opine on whether financial statements are materially misstated! (Obviously, auditors can be called in to specifically investigate fraud and conduct a forensic “audit,” which is being done now.)

I am not familiar with the inner workings of law firms. However, the attorney specifying “lawyer fees” indicates to me they are accusing AM of misappropriating funds paid to the firm for their legal services and not funds meant for their victorious clients.

Also, the term “diverting” implies to me that AM either orchestrated a method to divert funds paid for legal services from ever hitting the firm’s official bank account (perhaps by setting up his own account for the funds to be deposited into) or a method to transfer the funds after they were deposited into the official bank account (either through actual transfers or through fictitious vendors). It’s all still speculation at this point, though.

All responses are MOO.

Thank you for your answers to our questions from the viewpoint of a Certified Public Accountant, @Countem !

Greatly appreciated!

I lied.
One more.
The last to see the 2 before they died might be the same person who saw them first after they were murdered, right?
There is no information I know of that makes that scenario impossible. I've actually heard no info regarding who Paul and Maggie were in contact with the day they were killed. JMO.

Pretty standard. I’d expect any decent agency to keep their mouths shut, and limit information in a case like this.

I would too but they are really shortchanging this community by not telling them if they have killers among them or not. SLED has yet to mention any of this. Is there a shooter on the loose after Saturday?

I would too but they are really shortchanging this community by not telling them if they have killers among them or not. SLED has yet to mention any of this. Is there a shooter on the loose after Saturday?

Very early on, they came out and said there was no danger to the community. This shooting doesn’t appear to have changed anything in that regard.

It’s all connected to one family, and both events were isolated to that family.

The lack of a vehicle description at a bare minimum, tells me all I need to know.

So far it’s only hearsay as to where he was. Hunting and the Hospital.

He would not have been "hunting", as there is nothing in season in SC in June. He said he was "shooting", as I recall, meaning he was shooting paper targets (or, more likely, clay pigeons) (assuming he was telling the truth...we don't know what he was actually doing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288