FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is an important question. It is something that could still be researched and assuming she was not dissimulating surely it would mean they had knocked another night. Otherwise how could she have any idea? Now since Mr. Kesse seems to take it so blandly I would guess were checked. It is interesting that we are assuming it was male. Poster F's recent pointing out that Jennifer wanted to be at the condo during repairs AND missed work yet couldn't get the locked changed is very good.....and maddening a true paradox. That is precisely the type of thing you can get done quickly of course.

I'm curious who this neighbour is too and surely it wouldn't be difficult to find out? Were these condos rented out or owned by the tenants? Either way it should be relatively simple to find out who lived there and question them..... I think we are assuming it was a male because Jennifer said this herself (unless that's also false info?)

I'm curious who this neighbour is too and surely it wouldn't be difficult to find out? Were these condos rented out or owned by the tenants? Either way it should be relatively simple to find out who lived there and question them..... I think we are assuming it was a male because Jennifer said this herself (unless that's also false info?)

Answering myself somewhat but I tried to do some research and found a couple of pieces of information:
  • Only a little over half of all the condos in the complex were occupied at the time of Jennifer's disappearance
  • Police were unable to search all apartments due to the majority being privately owned
Thus it seems there were more empty apartments than not, and of the ones that were occupied most were privately owned so their names should be accessible and the people located surely?

Bear in mind this info came from the Help Find Jennifer Kesse Facebook page but I have seen them mentioned elsewhere, but the associated source link was down. I can't say for certain the info is correct!

OK, been a long time, but did some sleuthing last night, and there is clearly a maintenance guy at her building, who was a construction worker, and has been named when witnesses in the area were shown the POI video. I am not sure I can say the name here, C is all I will put. Seems to me, with his prior rape/assault conviction, he is a prime POI

OK, been a long time, but did some sleuthing last night, and there is clearly a maintenance guy at her building, who was a construction worker, and has been named when witnesses in the area were shown the POI video. I am not sure I can say the name here, C is all I will put. Seems to me, with his prior rape/assault conviction, he is a prime POI

He was mentioned (and pictured, face blurred) in the first few pages of this thread. I must admit his stance in the photo is quite similar to the POI video stills, but that's certainly not enough to say it's him for sure. I'm also not convinced by the witness saying it was him based on the video when it's so unclear and his face is obscured in every shot.

One angle I've seen very few people consider is this ex-boyfriend who was at a bar very close to her condo on the night of the 23rd. Is it not possible he drunkenly came over, wanting to see her? He apparently took their break up badly and wanted to get back together. He was seeing someone else at the time I believe however that doesn't mean he didn't still have feelings for Jennifer. It's just as plausible as the construction worker theory IMO!

He was mentioned (and pictured, face blurred) in the first few pages of this thread. I must admit his stance in the photo is quite similar to the POI video stills, but that's certainly not enough to say it's him for sure. I'm also not convinced by the witness saying it was him based on the video when it's so unclear and his face is obscured in every shot.

One angle I've seen very few people consider is this ex-boyfriend who was at a bar very close to her condo on the night of the 23rd. Is it not possible he drunkenly came over, wanting to see her? He apparently took their break up badly and wanted to get back together. He was seeing someone else at the time I believe however that doesn't mean he didn't still have feelings for Jennifer. It's just as plausible as the construction worker theory IMO!

Just saw the number one suspect for Tracy Ocasio, is possible POI in Kesse case. JH looks
a lot like the POI in the vid!!! I will have to read on to see the possible connection, he definitely could be.

I believe and will always that Chino was “unknowingly” an accomplice in the sense that was dropping off Jennifer’s car at HOTG. I believe the English speaking worker (Chino’s boss) who was sitting in the van with him when Jennifer’s brother arrived at the complex frantically searching for her is the prime guy they should be looking at. I’m 35 ( And I’ve followed Jennifer’s case since I was 20 when it happened ) and just have always had this gut feeling about how suspicious the men in the van behaved.

Last edited:
Sorry for this basic question but I do not know the answer. What do the Kesses do if they find the person they thing is involved? Go to the FBI? Back to Orlando? Thanks.

Watched an episode of “ See No Evil” tonight on ID Discovery. It involved the kidnapping of Kelsey Smith, by Edwin Roy Hall, from a Target in Kansas. As you see these apparent “sudden” kidnapping cases, (Jodi Huisentruit as well as Jennifer Kesse come to mind immediately) it gave a immediate picture just how fast, literally, seconds to kidnap someone, a random 10 minute stroll through a crowded store in the evening, 7pm. How limited cctv technology is unless a forward thinking retailer invests in cutting edge technology ($$$). So frustrating to families when they are in contact seemingly minutes, hours before disappearances of their loved ones. Not directly pertaining to Jennifer but gives you a real idea how random and fast things escalate. And the video footage, etc. Hopefully maybe somewhere out there someone recognizes the video footage from Jennifer’s case. FWIW.

I believe and will always that Chino was “unknowingly” an accomplice in the sense that was dropping off Jennifer’s car at HOTG. I believe the English speaking worker (Chino’s boss) who was sitting in the van with him when Jennifer’s brother arrived at the complex frantically searching for her is the prime guy they should be looking at. I’m 35 ( And I’ve followed Jennifer’s case since I was 20 when it happened ) and just have always had this gut feeling about how suspicious the men in the van behaved.
Logan was being very aggressive. I’ve personally never thought them not engaging with him is necessarily a red flag. Chino also passed the poly plus they weren’t reported as being missing from work.

Attachments

• 1AD944E6-4C7C-4913-BB5F-DDD86AE3459E.jpeg
    1AD944E6-4C7C-4913-BB5F-DDD86AE3459E.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Watched an episode of “ See No Evil” tonight on ID Discovery. It involved the kidnapping of Kelsey Smith, by Edwin Roy Hall, from a Target in Kansas. As you see these apparent “sudden” kidnapping cases, (Jodi Huisentruit as well as Jennifer Kesse come to mind immediately) it gave a immediate picture just how fast, literally, seconds to kidnap someone, a random 10 minute stroll through a crowded store in the evening, 7pm. How limited cctv technology is unless a forward thinking retailer invests in cutting edge technology ($$$). So frustrating to families when they are in contact seemingly minutes, hours before disappearances of their loved ones. Not directly pertaining to Jennifer but gives you a real idea how random and fast things escalate. And the video footage, etc. Hopefully maybe somewhere out there someone recognizes the video footage from Jennifer’s case. FWIW.
In both those cases they found evidence either at crime scene or in car. The lack of evidence in Jennifer’s case leads me to believe it wasn’t a sudden abduction at the Mosaic. It’s too clean.

Answering myself somewhat but I tried to do some research and found a couple of pieces of information:
  • Only a little over half of all the condos in the complex were occupied at the time of Jennifer's disappearance
  • Police were unable to search all apartments due to the majority being privately owned
Thus it seems there were more empty apartments than not, and of the ones that were occupied most were privately owned so their names should be accessible and the people located surely?

Bear in mind this info came from the Help Find Jennifer Kesse Facebook page but I have seen them mentioned elsewhere, but the associated source link was down. I can't say for certain the info is correct!
Due to the layout of the building that her condo was in and the mosaic complex in general, most of the condos don’t make logistical sense regarding her abduction imo. Her building was split into 2 sections and there were 14 condos in her section. Five on third floor, five on second floor (Jenn’s floor), and four on the ground level. The other side of her building was designed the same way but you used another step corridor to access them. For any of the other condos to be involved (besides the 14 on her side of the building) she would have had to be forced across the ground of the mosaic by the kidnapper. As far as her floor goes, three of the condos were vacant and two were occupied (Jenn’s being one).

Attachments

• 0F3BD208-DD96-48A3-A84A-1B46BFC692D2.jpeg
    0F3BD208-DD96-48A3-A84A-1B46BFC692D2.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 25
Data from realtor.com’s app showing number of units in building. Jennifer’s building circled in red.
709E10BA-7958-4E1B-9148-62390B245E1D.jpeg
Zoomed out pic of Mosaic Complex. Her building circled in red.
4B0DE616-373F-4F96-A278-F571BC5A42D5.jpeg
In this photo I split her unit in 1/2 (red line). The paths to the 14 apartments on Jennifer’s side are highlighted in blue, and the paths to the 14 apartments on the other side are highlighted in yellow. Her parking spot has a black x.
EB63083B-6763-4B16-BF24-FB0A8307624C.jpeg
Another view of her apartment building. The path to the 14 apartments on Jennifer’s side is highlighted in blue, and the path to the 14 apartments on the other side is highlighted in yellow. Her parking spot has a black x. The red x is the location of her parents in the pic below.
F3573CEB-9C17-4292-8476-7A37C5D7D2F2.jpeg
D2DBBCB4-DE83-414E-A579-E81171BEFA72.jpeg
I’m just trying to show people that even though there were a lot of condos at the Mosaic, it would be logistically challenging for the abductor to use most of them without causing a major scene.

Data from realtor.com’s app showing number of units in building. Jennifer’s building circled in red.
View attachment 320861
Zoomed out pic of Mosaic Complex. Her building circled in red.
View attachment 320862
In this photo I split her unit in 1/2 (red line). The paths to the 14 apartments on Jennifer’s side are highlighted in blue, and the paths to the 14 apartments on the other side are highlighted in yellow. Her parking spot has a black x.
View attachment 320863
Another view of her apartment building. The path to the 14 apartments on Jennifer’s side is highlighted in blue, and the path to the 14 apartments on the other side is highlighted in yellow. Her parking spot has a black x. The red x is the location of her parents in the pic below.
View attachment 320864
View attachment 320865
I’m just trying to show people that even though there were a lot of condos at the Mosaic, it would be logistically challenging for the abductor to use most of them without causing a major scene.
Dragged her into another empty apartment (the one directly across from hers), assaulted her, killed her and then moved her later without ever making a scene. (Possibly wrapped in a carpet)

Dragged her into another empty apartment (the one directly across from hers), assaulted her, killed her and then moved her later without ever making a scene. (Possibly wrapped in a carpet)

I feel like they would have found something when they searched it if a violent crime occurred in that condo. I also feel like it would be challenging to deal with moving/hiding her body after she was discovered missing since so many people were on alert. They could have moved & hidden her before the family arrived, but that would require missing a large portion of work that day, and it would have been noticed by their supervisor. You also have to explain the car not being in the parking lot that morning if she was assaulted & killed at Mosaic.
I’ve never put any credibility into the carpet theory because you have to deal with storing the body and carpet in Florida for months. They also didn’t find the carpet when they searched that lake. I feel like if a large piece of carpet was actually in the lake it would have been found since it’s such a large object. Plus the carpet with the dead weight would be extremely heavy.

I feel like they would have found something when they searched it if a violent crime occurred in that condo. I also feel like it would be challenging to deal with moving/hiding her body after she was discovered missing since so many people were on alert. They could have moved & hidden her before the family arrived, but that would require missing a large portion of work that day, and it would have been noticed by their supervisor. You also have to explain the car not being in the parking lot that morning if she was assaulted & killed at Mosaic.
I’ve never put any credibility into the carpet theory because you have to deal with storing the body and carpet in Florida for months. They also didn’t find the carpet when they searched that lake. I feel like if a large piece of carpet was actually in the lake it would have been found since it’s such a large object. Plus the carpet with the dead weight would be extremely heavy.

You are right a body weighing around 135 lbs that Jennifer was reported to weigh plus the weight of the carpet would have taken more than one person to roll up and move I would think ...Also , I may have missed it but the person who saw the rolled up rug dumped in Lake Fisher in Gotha , did they mention anything about the rolled up carpet being loaded on a boat to get it out toward the middle of the lake instead of at the edge ? It seems like if it was dumped at the edge that there would not have been any doubt whether a body had been deposited there due to the smell and animal activity (sorry for being gross) ....Drew insists that cadaver dogs that they used hit on that lake so perhaps there is a body in there ??

is his boss Ben ?

is it definite that they both were sitting outside in a van (not a pickup?) and had a interaction (or lack of) with Logan that day ?

Also, can anyone confirm that that both Chino and Ben worked on jenns apartment the week before she vanished?

i have read that jenn/ family thought workers were deliberately taking there time and not completing tasks with a view to keep returning? Drew had suggested Jenn get a Tupperware container and request paint from them to finish touch ups herself for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni