Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayor says those who don't take vaccine are selfish

COVID-19 patient responds to mayor's charge he's "selfish" about vaccination

What you said wasn't just repellent; it was personal. In my family of four—one with access to great doctors—we came to different vaccination conclusions based on personal circumstances.

My wife's mom, who lives with us, is in her 70s and had risk factors that made it a fast "yes" for the vaccine. I am 60, which was reason enough to proceed. I got the first shot but had a very bad reaction. After consultation with my doctor, I chose not to pursue the second shot.

My wife, the picture of health and in her 40s, has suffered from bad reactions to medication throughout her life. She thus chose not to vaccinate, as did my 16-year-old daughter. Both got COVID. Neither was hospitalized.

The three of us are not selfish, Ms. Mayor. We're good people who made rational medical assessments according to our individual needs and risk profiles. And shaming people into changing their behavior for the greater good isn't the best way to motivate your constituents.

Condescension isn't particularly effective either. Indeed, your attitude—and the attitude of so many public policy types and experts—only pushes those not inclined to take the vaccines to harden their position.
Yeah yeah yeah....mid 40’s, the picture of health, bad reactions to medications all her life....sounds like my 45 year old cousin who doesn’t drink, smoke, vegan, runner. Too healthy to need the vaccine. Covid found him. 4 months later he’s still recovering.

And what constitutes a very bad reaction? Hospitalization? Permanent lung or heart muscle damage? (Wait, that’s Covid not the vaccine)

I’d wish the reporter would ask specifics about what reactions so we could be informed also.
JMO

If mRNA is unstable, why does Moderna not have to be frozen?

Because the specific formulations are secret, Liu says, it's not clear exactly why these two mRNA vaccines have different temperature requirements.

"It just comes down to what their data is," she says of Moderna's vaccine. "If their data shows that it's more stable at a certain temperature, that's it."

Moderna spokesperson Colleen Hussey explained to NPR in an email that its vaccine doesn't need to be kept so cold because of its particular "lipid nanoparticle properties and structure," and because the company has learned from experience — it's developed ten mRNA vaccine candidates already. "Now we don't need [ultra-cold conditions] as the quality of product has improved and [it] doesn't need to be highly frozen to avoid mRNA degradation," Hussey explained.

Why Does Pfizer's COVID-19 Vaccine Need To Be Kept Colder Than Antarctica?

We just received notice that our hospital is officially on diversion. Our ICU and medical beds are completely full.

Anyone who thinks kids, even toddlers, don’t get sick with COVID needs to come to work with me for a day.

NSW has a tiny infant who has covid.

A four-week-old baby boy has become Sydney’s youngest COVID-19 case after catching the virus from his father who brought it home from work.

Beth Kouts took her newborn son, Lukas, to Nepean Hospital on Monday with what she thought was reflux, but instead, he tested positive for Delta.

‘Terrifying’: Parents speak after four-week-old becomes Sydney’s YOUNGEST COVID case

Update on mandated "attestation" of vaccination status.
Last week: "attest if you are vaccinated" yes or no.
This week: "Attest if you are vaccinated", the date of your first vaccination, the date of your second vaccination, the manufacturer of your vaccine, and where you obtained your vaccination.

Wait a minute...before it was a "yes or no" question...fine.

What is the reasoning behind the rest of the questions? What is my employer going to do with this data?

Slippery slope....

This week: "Attest if you are vaccinated", the date of your first vaccination, the date of your second vaccination, the manufacturer of your vaccine, and where you obtained your vaccination.

What is the reasoning behind the rest of the questions? What is my employer going to do with this data?

Slippery slope....

Sounds to me that the employer is trying to ascertain the truth-tellers and the possible liars.

To take that a step further, could it be that they can terminate an employee if they find out they knowingly lied about a health report?

I know of someone whose employment (in the US) was terminated because they lied about their university education on their resume. They were found to be not qualified/fit for the position, after the fact.

Last edited:
Doctor says his Iowa hospital is ‘drowning’ in Covid and pleads people to get vaccine
Tue, September 7, 2021, 11:06 AM
ec8d966781132ae828b700701be8dae1

a6cbec94473072ef2fb562b127844375

An exhausted Iowa ER doctor pleaded with people to get vaccinated against COVID-19 in a Facebook Live video: 'We are drowning in people who are dying with this illness'

“Like, I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t say something,” Dr VanGundy said at the beginning of the clip. “This Covid is awful. You guys know that there’s so much misinformation out there. We are drowning in people who are dying with this illness."

He outlined he was not trying to be “political” but emphasised that the scenes he was seeing at work were unprecedented in his 20 year medical career.

Dr VanGundy said his hospital’s ICU is full of Covid patients, therefore making it extremely difficult for patients with other illnesses to get treatment.

“And when people get political about it, and try to pretend this doesn’t affect them, they’re wrong,” he said into the camera. “Even if you get a mild illness and you pass it on to somebody else, that’s a hospital bed that I can’t send a hip fracture to, or a heart attack to.

“I had to hold on to a meningitis case, a stroke case, a heart attack, and a blood clot in the lung,” Dr VanGundy said, before saying all the intensive care units in Iowa were full.

He ended the video by saying: “Get your shots and help people that you know and love, they need to get their shots. That’s the only way we’re going to fix this thing. Thanks.”

Slippery slope....

i don't really think so.... as we keep learning the differences between and among the vaccines..... status changes.

A close friend had both vaccines, had a breakthrough case of Covid--and has no idea where she got it. She is going back to Canada in two days, and she realized the fine print on going back into Canada requires "80 days since infection". She has had 4 negative tests and the booster, but is only 60 days since being infected... so has no idea what she will face when landing in Canada......

Precision on all these variables among all these vaccines are going to make differences....

AND if the predictions are accurate that we are just going to have to be living with this for-ev-er.... monitoring these different variables are going to be more the norm.
i am not worried about any slippery slope... I feel they don't care anything else except getting more precisioned to monitor this...

i don't really think so.... as we keep learning the differences between and among the vaccines..... status changes.

A close friend had both vaccines, had a breakthrough case of Covid--and has no idea where she got it. She is going back to Canada in two days, and she realized the fine print on going back into Canada requires "80 days since infection". She has had 4 negative tests and the booster, but is only 60 days since being infected... so has no idea what she will face when landing in Canada......

Precision on all these variables among all these vaccines are going to make differences....

AND if the predictions are accurate that we are just going to have to be living with this for-ev-er.... monitoring these different variables are going to be more the norm.
i am not worried about any slippery slope... I feel they don't care anything else except getting more precisioned to monitor this...

No. Not okay, that an employer can use confidential health information as a data source. Especially as a condition of maintaining employment.

I agreed to release my "vaccination status". As public health and occupational health information.

I did not agree to the rest of the stipulations...but, I don't have a choice. Waiting to see what they want next week...my blood pressure readings? Exercise log?

This opened a very wide door.

I got my third COVID vaccine last week, and today I checked the Indiana state vaccine registry. I looked up my name and all three of my COVID vaccinations are listed by date.

I received my COVID vaccines at different “mass vaccination “ events, different locations, and all three are listed in the state vaccination registry.

This should be reassuring to anyone who has misplaced their vaccination cards. You can easily obtain a printed copy of proof of vaccination from the state registry.

Yeah yeah yeah....mid 40’s, the picture of health, bad reactions to medications all her life....sounds like my 45 year old cousin who doesn’t drink, smoke, vegan, runner. Too healthy to need the vaccine. Covid found him. 4 months later he’s still recovering.

And what constitutes a very bad reaction? Hospitalization? Permanent lung or heart muscle damage? (Wait, that’s Covid not the vaccine)

I’d wish the reporter would ask specifics about what reactions so we could be informed also.
JMO

I have all kinds of allergies and I was scared to take the vaccine: I decided after much thought that I would take my chances with a reaction to the vaccine, rather than contracting Covid. Any time we take any medication, oral or injected, there is a chance for a bad reaction. My thought process is this: the vaccine is the ONLY WAY OUT OF THIS HORROR- There is no other way out and I don't understand why more people cannot see this. There is no plan B.

I got my third COVID vaccine last week, and today I checked the Indiana state vaccine registry. I looked up my name and all three of my COVID vaccinations are listed by date.

I received my COVID vaccines at different “mass vaccination “ events, different locations, and all three are listed in the state vaccination registry.

This should be reassuring to anyone who has misplaced their vaccination cards. You can easily obtain a printed copy of proof of vaccination from the state registry.
I wish every state would do that.

No. Not okay, that an employer can use confidential health information as a data source. Especially as a condition of maintaining employment.

I agreed to release my "vaccination status". As public health and occupational health information.

I did not agree to the rest of the stipulations...but, I don't have a choice. Waiting to see what they want next week...my blood pressure readings? Exercise log?

This opened a very wide door.
Our hospitals here have required flu vaccination for years. And the largest hospital in the city just suspended all employees who have not yet received COVID vaccinations.

49 states have vaccination registries. Unless you live in new Hampshire your state has a vaccine registry.
https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/vaccines/after-youve-been-vaccinated/your-vaccine-information

“If you received your vaccine from a pharmacy participating in the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program or from another federal vaccine provider such as the U.S. Department of Defense, you will need to get your vaccine information directly from that provider. It is not available in the North Carolina COVID-19 Vaccine Portal.”

Pharmacies Participating in COVID-19 Vaccination | CDC

Federal Retail Pharmacy Program Partners
  • Albertsons Companies, Inc. (including Osco, Jewel-Osco, Albertsons, Albertsons Market, Safeway, Tom Thumb, Star Market, Shaw’s, Haggen, Acme, Randalls, Carrs, Market Street, United, Vons, Pavilions, Amigos, Lucky’s, Pak n Save, Sav-On)
  • Costco Wholesale Corp.
  • CPESN USA, LLC
  • CVS Pharmacy, Inc. (including Long’s)
  • GeriMed (long-term care and retail pharmacies)
  • Good Neighbor Pharmacy and AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation’s pharmacy services administrative organization (PSAO), Elevate Provider Network
  • Health Mart Pharmacies
  • H-E-B, LP
  • Hy-Vee, Inc.
  • Innovatix (long-term care pharmacies)
  • LeaderNET and The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy, Cardinal Health’s PSAOs
  • Managed Health Care Associates (retail and long-term care pharmacies)
  • Meijer, Inc.
  • Publix Super Markets, Inc.
  • Retail Business Services, LLC (including Food Lion, Giant Food, The Giant Company, Hannaford Bros Co, Stop & Shop)
  • Rite Aid Corp.
  • Southeastern Grocers (Winn-Dixie, Harveys, Fresco Y Mas)
  • The Kroger Co. (including Kroger, Harris Teeter, Fred Meyer, Fry’s, Ralphs, King Soopers, Smiths, City Market, Dillons, Mariano’s, Pick-n-Save, Copps, Metro Market, QFC)
  • Topco Associates, LLC (including Acme Fresh Markets, Associated Food Stores, Bashas, Big-Y Pharmacy and Wellness Center, Brookshire’s Pharmacy, Super One Pharmacy, FRESH by Brookshire’s Pharmacy, Coborn’s Pharmacy, Cash Wise Pharmacy, MarketPlace Pharmacy, Giant Eagle, Hartig Drug Company, King Kullen, Food City Pharmacy, Ingles Pharmacy, Raley’s, Bel Air, Nob Hill Pharmacies, Save Mart Pharmacies, Lucky Pharmacies, SpartanNash, Price Chopper, Market 32, Tops Friendly Markets, ShopRite, Wegmans, Weis Markets, Inc.)
  • Walgreens (including Duane Reade)
  • Walmart, Inc. (including Sam’s Club)
So if you got your shot at any of the many places listed above - your vaccination record is not available in the portal.

https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/vaccines/after-youve-been-vaccinated/your-vaccine-information

“If you received your vaccine from a pharmacy participating in the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program or from another federal vaccine provider such as the U.S. Department of Defense, you will need to get your vaccine information directly from that provider. It is not available in the North Carolina COVID-19 Vaccine Portal.”

Pharmacies Participating in COVID-19 Vaccination | CDC

Federal Retail Pharmacy Program Partners
  • Albertsons Companies, Inc. (including Osco, Jewel-Osco, Albertsons, Albertsons Market, Safeway, Tom Thumb, Star Market, Shaw’s, Haggen, Acme, Randalls, Carrs, Market Street, United, Vons, Pavilions, Amigos, Lucky’s, Pak n Save, Sav-On)
  • Costco Wholesale Corp.
  • CPESN USA, LLC
  • CVS Pharmacy, Inc. (including Long’s)
  • GeriMed (long-term care and retail pharmacies)
  • Good Neighbor Pharmacy and AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation’s pharmacy services administrative organization (PSAO), Elevate Provider Network
  • Health Mart Pharmacies
  • H-E-B, LP
  • Hy-Vee, Inc.
  • Innovatix (long-term care pharmacies)
  • LeaderNET and The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy, Cardinal Health’s PSAOs
  • Managed Health Care Associates (retail and long-term care pharmacies)
  • Meijer, Inc.
  • Publix Super Markets, Inc.
  • Retail Business Services, LLC (including Food Lion, Giant Food, The Giant Company, Hannaford Bros Co, Stop & Shop)
  • Rite Aid Corp.
  • Southeastern Grocers (Winn-Dixie, Harveys, Fresco Y Mas)
  • The Kroger Co. (including Kroger, Harris Teeter, Fred Meyer, Fry’s, Ralphs, King Soopers, Smiths, City Market, Dillons, Mariano’s, Pick-n-Save, Copps, Metro Market, QFC)
  • Topco Associates, LLC (including Acme Fresh Markets, Associated Food Stores, Bashas, Big-Y Pharmacy and Wellness Center, Brookshire’s Pharmacy, Super One Pharmacy, FRESH by Brookshire’s Pharmacy, Coborn’s Pharmacy, Cash Wise Pharmacy, MarketPlace Pharmacy, Giant Eagle, Hartig Drug Company, King Kullen, Food City Pharmacy, Ingles Pharmacy, Raley’s, Bel Air, Nob Hill Pharmacies, Save Mart Pharmacies, Lucky Pharmacies, SpartanNash, Price Chopper, Market 32, Tops Friendly Markets, ShopRite, Wegmans, Weis Markets, Inc.)
  • Walgreens (including Duane Reade)
  • Walmart, Inc. (including Sam’s Club)
So if you got your shot at any of the many places listed above - your vaccination record is not available in the portal.
I wonder why? It only makes sense to submit the information to the state registry.

I don't think my state even has a registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie