SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve followed a few recent cases where the suspects themselves have told the media lie after lie, and even gone as far as to blast law enforcement. In all of them, LE said nothing, shared nothing, and pretended as if it didn’t happen.

They ultimately got the last laugh though.

Yes they do, and LE must have a heck of an ace up their sleeve here.

Agreed, there’s several doors here. I believe his alibi, I’m just curious as to why it was so important to get this info out thru high profile lawyers. And why LE wont comment on anything they have said.
Not only LE won't comment neither have others that would be privy to corroborating evidence of people's whereabouts. That is what sticks with me. No video, no traffic cams, no witnesses to their account.

Wasn’t the last date of transfer to her recent, 2018? I wonder if she was aware.

To be fair, this is not uncommon among professionals, particularly white collar where your profession requires malpractice insurance. Many white collar Lowcountry couples pay separate taxes and keep assets in the spouse’s name who doesn’t have a risk-filled career.

Just a quick rundown of the craziness here:

A dead male who may have been murdered, and whose death may be connected to the Murdaugh’s in some way (SLED opened an investigation based on information learned in the Murdaugh murder investigation).

A dead cleaning lady, who allegedly fell down the stairs.

A boat crash that led to a dead victim, felony charges, and a lawsuit (Paul was allegedly driving).

The double murder of Maggie and Paul.

The death of Alex’s father, which was natural causes, but had interesting timing in relation to the murders.

An incredibly bizarre daytime shooting of Alex, who managed to survive with a superficial head injury.

Alex Murdaugh being forced out of his law firm, accused of opioid abuse, and embezzling millions.

Alex checking into rehab within hours of the shooting and latest revelation.

This case is going to the the subject of countless documentaries, to include Dateline, 48 Hours, and 20/20.

We’ll be hearing about it forever, as you can’t make this stuff up.

MassGuy—the timeline is instructive

6/7 The dead girl’s family refuses mediation for their wrongful death suit; trial is scheduled

6/10 The boy accused of causing her death and his mother who hired forensic accountants to investigate her money are both killed in the family’s hunting lodge The father, Alex discovers their bodies

6/13 The boy’s grandfather, family patriarch, with a will, dies of cancer

9/3 Father Alex is fired from family firm for stealing >1MM in escrow accounts controlled by firm

9/7 Law firm reveals he had fired for stealing; Father enters rehab

You should not need millions for that though. Unless she thinks that you are richer than you are.
Really? I know of a mistress or two who are treated more highly than that of a spouse. One was a former wife of an infamous CEO who went to prison for fraud. Her lover flew her to the prison on his private jet in order to obtain her husband's sig on divorce docs. At parties in her home, she'd hang gorgeous gowns her lover purchased by displaying them in her mastersuite.
There are gold diggers who want the pleasures that massive sums of money can provide. IE, flying to big cities for expensive shopping excursions, private hair stylists, mink coats, finest home on the finest property in the area designed by famous architects and decorated with treasures purchased while traveling abroad.
Do we know if the firm owned private jets? What about expense accounts? There is a specific wish Maggie had in mind when requesting an audit. AM admits to an oxy addiction so I wonder if there was also a cocaine addiction. Addictions, even sex addictions, ultimately cost far more than the benefit gained.

Really? I know of a mistress or two who are treated more highly than that of a spouse. One was a former wife of an infamous CEO who went to prison for fraud. Her lover flew her to the prison on his private jet in order to obtain her husband's sig on divorce docs. At parties in her home, she'd hang gorgeous gowns her lover purchased by displaying them in her mastersuite.
There are gold diggers who want the pleasures that massive sums of money can provide. IE, flying to big cities for expensive shopping excursions, private hair stylists, mink coats, finest home on the finest property in the area designed by famous architects and decorated with treasures purchased while traveling abroad.
Do we know if the firm owned private jets? What about expense accounts? There is a specific wish Maggie had in mind when requesting an audit. AM admits to an oxy addiction so I wonder if there was also a cocaine addiction. Addictions, even sex addictions, ultimately cost far more than the benefit gained.
I do remember PM's girlfriend saying in her deposition that PM did cocaine

He stopped to see his Mom after the hospital as I'm sure she was upset.
I don’t believe we’ve had any indication he stopped by his mother’s house other than quotes from family members and possibly his lawyer. Certainly there’s been no confirmation from LE.

Several mentions have been made of his mother suffering from dementia and it’s possible she’s unable to recall who visits her when anymore. I assume LE has been able to track his phone and vehicle’s GPS. That and maybe footage from security cameras he drove past will ultimately determine his whereabouts. Until we hear what those show we really have no idea of his whereabouts. But LE likely does.

I don’t believe we’ve had any indication he stopped by his mother’s house other than quotes from family members and possibly his lawyer. Certainly there’s been no confirmation from LE.

Several mentions have been made of his mother suffering from dementia and it’s possible she’s unable to recall who visits her when anymore. I assume LE has been able to track his phone and vehicle’s GPS. That and maybe footage from security cameras he drove past will ultimately determine his whereabouts. Until we hear what those show we really have no idea of his whereabouts. But LE likely does.

I keep banking on security cameras in the area. Theft is a problem in these rural places and cameras are common.

BREAKING: Maggie Murdaugh Ordered Forensic Accounting of Family Finances Before Her Murder

Maggie Murdaugh, the murdered wife of South Carolina legal scion Alex Murdaugh, had ordered a forensic accounting of her own, in addition to the accounting done by Murdaugh’s law firm that resulted in his sudden resignation the day before he was supposedly shot in the head on a rural road.

Reporter Matt Harris, morning show host on WLNK and host of the podcast “The Murdaugh Family Murders: Impact of Influence,” made the stunning announcement on “Crime Stories with Nancy Grace.”

“That is the word I got from a pretty reliable source,” Harris said. “Maggie hired a forensic accountant.”
Any indication when she hired them? I’m curious how much time passed between the hiring and her murder.

I think the odds of there being another woman are very, very low, but I certainly could be wrong. AM was being sued by the Beach family for what was sure to be many millions of dollars. Both Philadelphia Indemnity (5 million worth of coverage, I think) and his other insurance company (not sure how much coverage he had with them) had filed preemptive lawsuits against AM and BM, saying: “we ain’t paying: it was your boat, it was your son and your brother, you allowed him to go, you gave him your license, you helped him buy beer, you knew he drank too much, yada yada. AM and BM were/are going to need big big money for their defense, and especially if the judgement goes against them. In effect, they had no insurance.

That, and AM may have been facing a crumbling marriage. Plus, if he had a problem with opioids, Im sure they’re expensive to obtain. He was also paying for PM’s tuition. So again, imo he needed big big money, and fast. If there was a woman on the side (and again, I seriously doubt that there was one - he was a 53 yr old overweight, married, raging druggie who was not exactly handsome - and lived in a small poor, South Carolina low country town where everybody knew everybody), she probably wouldn’t have been seeing much in the way of money from AM, given how much money AM was going to need to defend himself and possibly pay punitive damages in the civil suit. I think AM’s survival would’ve come first, and I don’t think he even had enough for that. All jmo

I think the odds of there being another woman are very, very low, but I certainly could be wrong. AM was being sued by the Beach family for what was sure to be many millions of dollars. Both Philadelphia Indemnity (5 million worth of coverage, I think) and his other insurance company (not sure how much coverage he had with them) had filed preemptive lawsuits against AM and BM, saying: “we ain’t paying: it was your boat, it was your son and your brother, you allowed him to go, you gave him your license, you helped him buy beer, you knew he drank too much, yada yada. AM and BM were/are going to need big big money for their defense, and especially if the judgement goes against them. In effect, they had no insurance.

That, and AM may have been facing a crumbling marriage. Plus, if he had a problem with opioids, Im sure they’re expensive to obtain. He was also paying for PM’s tuition. So again, imo he needed big big money, and fast. If there was a woman on the side (and again, I seriously doubt that there was one - he was a 53 yr old overweight, married, raging druggie who was not exactly handsome - and lived in a small poor, South Carolina low country town where everybody knew everybody), she probably wouldn’t have been seeing much in the way of money from AM, given how much money AM was going to need to defend himself and possibly pay punitive damages in the civil suit. I think AM’s survival would’ve come first, and I don’t think he even had enough for that. All jmo

Of course, my assumption of there being another woman could be erroneous.

You mentioned being 53yo and chubby as a possible reason why he wasn't involved with someone else. Did I mention in my examples that the multi-millionaire smells like a barn and was age 63 when their affair began? His lover, who was married to the CEO, is 20 years younger. She's quite attractive but by golly I can't respect a married woman who takes another's husband, even if he does smell like a barn.

Perhaps his marriage was in shambles because he was in love with someone else. This is pure speculation on my part.

Alex's father Randolph Murdaugh III was the third generation to serve as 14th Circuit Solicitor, having held the position from 1985 to 2005.

South Carolina legal heir Alex Murdaugh is banned from prosecutor's office | Daily Mail Online

SECTION 15-7-10. Actions which must be tried where subject matter situated.

Code of Laws - Title 15 - Chapter 7 - Venue

Solicitor’s Office says Alex Murdaugh will no longer prosecute its cases as volunteer

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/state/south-carolina/article254055123.html

He was a Volunteer

The Murdaughs are one of South Carolina's most prominent legal families. Alex Murdaugh was a volunteer prosecutor in the same office where his father, grandfather and great-grandfather spent more than 80 years combined as the area's top prosecutors. Other members of the family are prominent civil attorneys.

Prominent lawyer speaks out following shooting incident 3 months after wife and son killed

Didn’t know he was a volunteer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member