Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....the virus became politicized very early on- so instead of us pulling together as a country, masking up and doing things to protect ourselves and each other, people decided that wearing a mask was an indication of personal freedom or a political statement.
And because people have decided not to get vaccinated they have allowed the virus to keep mutating into worse versions of itself.

This part of your post, I agree with. The US has suffered (and is still suffering) great losses that didn't have to happen, due to this. imo

But because it 'seems' worse for the US, due to these things, it doesn't mean it is worse for the entire rest of the world.

By the time it abated in 1920, the Spanish flu had killed 675,000 Americans and left hundreds of thousands of children orphaned.
Why October 1918 Was America's Deadliest Month Ever

Last edited:
Your blood pressure, exercise log, etc. is not going to contribute to a worldwide epidemic. Your coworkers cannot “catch” high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.

Employees in some industries have been required to share vaccination status with employers long before COVID. With good reason! Would you want your child’s teacher to be infected with tuberculosis? Or the nurse taking care of you to have hepatitis B?

Those are tests done, prior to employment, with consent.

The difference now, is that the request was presented one way...yes or no. Okay.

Then, more was added...and, this is a condition, placed on employees, who are not Healthcare professionals, or teachers.

It is obvious that no one here seems to understand that this is a huge issue. And I am pro vaccine. However, I do not feel it is appropriate for employers to know the dates of vaccination. Or the specific vaccine an employee was given.

That is more data than a TB test.

Why does an employer have the right to know which vaccine an employee received?

I wonder why? It only makes sense to submit the information to the state registry.
In SC immunization records are kept by DHEC in a registry. But the public can't access it directly. The website says to contact your local health department or the provider that administered the vaccine.

So the records are there; you just can't access them. There is an email address to contact them directly for your records, but they never respond.

The difference now, is that the request was presented one way...yes or no. Okay.

Then, more was added...and, this is a condition, placed on employees, who are not Healthcare professionals, or teachers.

It is obvious that no one here seems to understand that this is a huge issue. And I am pro vaccine. However, I do not feel it is appropriate for employers to know the dates of vaccination. Or the specific vaccine an employee was given.

My employer asked, and I am fine with it. I don't see what the issue is, really. Why should I be concerned if my employee knows I am vaccinated, the dates and which vaccine I received? What do you think your employee is going to do with this information?

Why is it a problem? Schools have had the vaccination reports on children for years. Vaccination reports contain the date given for each vaccination. Hospitals and other healthcare employers have records of dates of vaccinations for hepatitis B, tb tests, and lab results for certain titers.

I am unaware of any issues caused by this. What scenario are you concerned about?

Last edited:
Since April, Israel has fallen from first to 33rd (now 35th) in Bloomberg's vaccine tracker of populations considered fully vaccinated.

About 61% of Israelis have been given two doses, lower than in European laggards earlier in the year such as France (now 21st) and Spain (now 9th).

Israel's Covid Surge Shows The World What's Coming Next

From Bloomberg ...
Spain 9th
France 21st
Ireland 22nd
Canada 23rd
UK 25th
Italy 26th
China 30th
Germany 33rd
Israel 35th
US 58th
Brazil 85th
Australia 86th
Mexico 95th
New Zealand 97th
Russia 102nd
India 131st

More Than 5.56 Billion Shots Given

How times haven't changed in 100 years

The 'Anti-Maskers' of the Spanish Flu - Gowing Life
The Anti-Mask League of 1919: The Cultural Battle of an Enduring Pandemic - Untapped New York
The Anti-Mask League of San Francisco: Protesting a Mask-Wearing Ordinance During the 1918 Flu Pandemic | Readex

5eb47b43e3c3fb1c5550785d

5ec584005af6cc6d0926c723

Anti-Mask%20League%20Formed%20in%20%27City%27.jpg

Police_Mask_SF_Untapped.jpg

San Francisco reinstituted its mask ordinance on January 17 of the New Year.
A policeman wearing a mask confronts a mask-less man in San Francisco in 1918.

upload_2021-9-8_8-37-2.png
Mask-less man denied entrance to train.

Wear a mask or go to jail

upload_2021-9-8_8-27-21.png
A typist wears her influenza mask in October of 1918. Worried by the hold that disease had taken in New York City, practically all workers covered their faces in gauze masks as a protection against disease

Last edited:
In SC immunization records are kept by DHEC in a registry. But the public can't access it directly. The website says to contact your local health department or the provider that administered the vaccine.

So the records are there; you just can't access them. There is an email address to contact them directly for your records, but they never respond.
So you can contact your healthcare provider to obtain a printout with your vaccination report. We receive calls all day with requests for vaccination reports.

Your healthcare provider will have a login ID and password to access the state registry site.

My employer offered an additional vacation day for vaccinated employees. We were asked to present a copy of our vaccination card, which has all the pertinent info. I have so many unused vacay days that I almost didn't bother... But of course, provided the proof anyway, because it's not really about an extra day. Imo

COVID-19 Claims Dr. J. David Richardson, Ky-Based Owner, Breeder, Regulator

The reason I am posting this is because this trauma surgeon died from Covid - though he was vaccinated. He was 76. He passed away in Saratoga Springs NY while he was there as a person who owned and raced thoroughbreds. Saratoga Springs is a great place if you love thoroughbred racing and for 6 weeks it is packed with people- restaurants, bars, hotels, all packed with people. Last year there were no fans. This year it was business as usual. I think even if a person is fully vaccinated, with the Delta virus being so transmissible with such a heavy viral load, he must have gotten a really large viral load and being older, it was just too much for him, even though he was vaccinated. I think there are too
many people who think if they are vaccinated they can do whatever they please.

Last edited:
~ I am in the hospital having breathing problems but this isn't real folks ~

Volusia Councilman Lowry, conspiracy theory promoter, hospitalized with COVID-19

SEP 07, 2021 AT 1:54 PM

A Florida councilman who denied the pandemic was real has been hospitalized with COVID-19.

Volusia County Council member Fred Lowry, as a preacher promoted conspiracy theories about COVID-19 and other topics.

“We did not have a pandemic, folks. We were lied to,” Lowry said in a May 30 sermon at Deltona Lakes Baptist Church.

The registered Republican, who is serving his second four-year term on the council, called Dr. Anthony Fauci “Dr. Falsey” and said the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases was a liar and pervert, the newspaper reported.

upload_2021-9-8_10-20-9.png
upload_2021-9-8_10-21-9.png

Lowry, a 66-year-old Republican councilman, was "in the hospital wrestling with COVID-19," the News-Journal first reported.

He had been sick for two weeks and was hospitalized on Monday for double pneumonia, per the outlet.

It is not clear whether Lowry had been vaccinated against COVID-19.

Last edited:
Volusia Councilman Lowry, conspiracy theory promoter, hospitalized with COVID-19

A Florida councilman who denied the pandemic was real has been hospitalized with COVID-19.

Volusia County Council member Fred Lowry, as a preacher promoted conspiracy theories about COVID-19 and other topics.

“We did not have a pandemic, folks. We were lied to,” Lowry said in a May 30 sermon at Deltona Lakes Baptist Church.

The registered Republican, who is serving his second four-year term on the council, called Dr. Anthony Fauci “Dr. Falsey” and said the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases was a liar and pervert, the newspaper reported.

View attachment 311831
View attachment 311832

Lowry, a 66-year-old Republican councilman, was "in the hospital wrestling with COVID-19," the News-Journal first reported.

He had been sick for two weeks and was hospitalized on Monday for double pneumonia, per the outlet.

It is not clear whether Lowry had been vaccinated against COVID-19.

I don't feel badly for him. He has been sick for 3 weeks and spreading the virus for that period of time. Ugh.

So you can contact your healthcare provider to obtain a printout with your vaccination report. We receive calls all day with requests for vaccination reports.

Your healthcare provider will have a login ID and password to access the state registry site.

There was a copy of my State of Michigan vaccination history included with the drug information packet when I picked up a prescription at Rite Aid a couple of months ago. I hadn't requested it but am happy to have a record of all my vaccinations going back to 1950.

Henry Ford workers sue to stop COVID-19 vaccine mandate

50 employees of the Henry Ford Health system are suing in Federal Court over the Sept 10 mandate for employees to get vaccinated.

Memo to any health care worker who is involved in patient care: how selfish you are to think you should put your hands on a patient without being vaccinated. Please go find employment elsewhere: preferably at White Castle.

I am starting to get burned out at work. So many of our patients have refused to get vaccinated, and our doctors discuss it with them every time they come in. They still refuse to get vaccinated.

Now so many of them are coming in to be treated because they are sick with COVID.

We get calls all day, every day, from patients who have tested positive for COVID and want to see the doctor. When they come in almost always aren’t even wearing a mask. They don’t believe in getting vaccinated, don’t believe in masks, but when they get sick they want to be treated.

I am really becoming resentful that they come into the clinic and expose the staff and other patients to COVID.

I am starting to get burned out at work. So many of our patients have refused to get vaccinated, and our doctors discuss it with them every time they come in. They still refuse to get vaccinated.

Now so many of them are coming in to be treated because they are sick with COVID.

We get calls all day, every day, from patients who have tested positive for COVID and want to see the doctor. When they come in almost always aren’t even wearing a mask. They don’t believe in getting vaccinated, don’t believe in masks, but when they get sick they want to be treated.

I am really becoming resentful that they come into the clinic and expose the staff and other patients to COVID.
I dont blame you. I would feel the same :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members