Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to rethink things if you really think your husband may murder you. Otherwise, having cash put back for funeral costs and any associated medical bills is as acceptable as insurance to most. JMO
Tying it back to these crimes, I think CV had such a large policy for the sake of JJ's lifetime care needs.

Changing his will and leaving it to Kay, IMO, meant he somehow expected Kay to fund JJ's future care.

On the surface, it seems a mistake he didn't spell this out to LV. It may have saved his life...But probably he was so anxious to save his marriage, he was afraid of her reaction.

I don't know what he discussed with his sister about what he expected her to do with the insurance money, surely it was to benefit JJ and not just a lifestyle upgrade for herself? She was probably also trying to figure out how to communicate with Lori without it all blowing up in her face.

IMO, people like Lori use extreme emotional outbursts and craziness to scare people, and prevent them from getting any control over the situation.

Which is probably exactly what she's doing now.

Lori still incompetent. 180 days. Trial date being vacated. Is it alright to "boo" the court?

When she was first declared unfit to stand trial, I thought, 180 days or less and she'll be found competent. Now, I hate to admit that I'm slowly switching over to the "she'll never be found fit to stand trial" camp.

Ever since I heard the Daybell kids say that the authorities told them that Tammy had died of asphyxiation, I wondered to myself if anyone outside the prosecution had seen the autopsy results which it seems to me would have been part of the grand jury transcript. Then I questioned, to myself, if all these months later, if anyone outside the prosecution had the complete grand jury transcript with the complete autopsy results.

Now I'm going to go out on a limb and predict there will never be a trial. They are going to grind Chad down until he accepts a plea deal. And Lori will just stay incompetent for the rest of her life.

I'm going to start a gimme fund for LVD. I can't sleep nights knowing that she is incarcerated in such a hello hole. Isn't there a Ritz-Carlton Hotel in the vicinity that she can be moved to for her "treatment"?

ETA: When I was a child, I had a hamster. She would "pocket" her food in her cheek pouches. That's where I envision LVD is putting the medication she has been prescribed to "restore competency."

Last edited:
Has Chad ever been competent in . . . in . . . well, anything at all, really?

Apparently he once was an adequate gravedigger. Not so much lately, though.
I agree - but Alex himself did tell LE that he left the room where the murder occurred, got his gun, then returned after allegedly being hit by a bat in the back of his head hard enough to break skin, but not hard enough to prevent him from doing the above. Alex did not tell LE that CV chased him. LE asked, and Alex never really answered, why he didn’t just stay in room where he had had his gun.

It was obvious that no aid was rendered to CV once down.

Alex did not live there either, and I think his version of the story was that Lori and children had left the house by the time of the shooting. (I have to double check it. The stories conflicted; I may have mixed up who said what when.)

Then, bringing the trio to the station, no body was upset which LE also noted.

There are a number of other reasons not to believe self-defense, but I am trying to recall the reasons obvious to LE on the scene/before the decision to release them, especially Alex, instead of taking anyone into custody.

It might be about the culture of AZ, and that it was not Charles’ residence*. It might be because Mow and/or the bishop pulled some strings, IMO.

(*It was his bill, however, and for all I know he was on the lease.)

Later, AZ seemed to be onto him- or seems to have decided this crime spree was too serious to do a solid for the nice family- depending on whether there was influence or not. That became apparent when the body cams from the day Alex died came out. It does seem pretty obvious that EMT’s and hospital staff did everything they could to keep him alive while he was dying. I know saving lives is what they do, and he was young- but it seemed like they were working on their own family member with their efforts.

“Luckily” -I don’t wish death on anyone, but I’m over it in this case- they still apparently got a lot of evidence from his home even though he died. At least, that is what I gather from the Daybell prelim hearings.

I lean towards believing that Alex died a natural death, but I could be persuaded rather easily with a new argument or new evidence. If it was murder or mission-related suicide, someone is regretting letting him die in his own home. What a trove that was for LE. If Alex took one for the team, he should have jumped into those falls in the middle of the night after giving Zulema reason not to report him missing for a day or so. After burning the burner phones.
And poor Tylee had to die because she knew that everything Mom and Uncle Alex told the police about that day was a lie.

IMO 'm sure Kay was aware that the money was for the future care of JJ.
Lori Vallow-Daybell removed as beneficiary on $1 million life insurance policy

Woodcock says her brother came to her five months before his death, at a time when Lori had made it clear she didn’t want him anymore. She says Charles didn’t want to leave the money to his children because he wasn’t sure what Lori would do…..

"All we want at this point is to find J.J. and Tylee, to get J.J. back. We’ll take, bring home Tylee too, she’s 17. It will be her choice if she would want to come home with us. We will absolutely take her in,” said Kay.…

Forever Young This is the link to today’s hearing. I just listened to it. The Judge stated the Grand Jury Transcripts are still not ready. They are still being processed.

IMO with Covid, the back log of cases, lack of people allowed to type up these documents, that it is not the Prosecutions fault, no ones fault, it’s just everyone is behind. Even meetings are still Zoomed for safety.

Even the Defense got quiet and stopped complaining. The people typing these legal documents can only type so fast, so many hours a day and it is hard to stare at a computer all day long. So many court cases want the papers now, but we Weill have to wait. Everything is now wait!

I wondered why the Judge was not jumping on the Prosecution not turning everything over, now I heard why….papers are still not ready.

This is the link to today’s hearing Sept 8, 2021

https://www.ktvh.com/news/crime-and...roadwater-county-deputy-set-to-begin-thursday

Why does this relate to LVD?

"Prosecutors had initially sought the death penalty for Barrus, but in June 2018 Judge Seeley ordered Barrus committed after he was found unfit to stand trial for a host of mental disorders, including persecutory type delusional disorder and mixed personality disorder. Prosecutors decided not to seek the death penalty a month later." He was ordered to comply with treatment and medication in 2019, and that he could be "forcibly medicated".

It looks he is now fit for trial, 2021. Montana law is very similar to Idaho, and this timeline may drive us crazy...but in the end the law will prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77