SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another mystery. I’ve thought that the murderer somehow got it and tossed it for fear of tracking.
Someone up thread speculated on a very interesting theory that (if my memory serves me correctly) if someone's phone was part of a "find family & friends" app, throwing it out on the road where it was no longer moving could be a signal to someone that the deed was done.

The other popular idea is that it was taken from her so she couldn't call for help, and then tossed as the culprits made a getaway.

Truth is, I didn’t need this knife story to prove to me that Saturday’s shooting was a setup.

I’ve been laughing pretty hard whenever I read about it, as it reminded me a bit of Diane Downs’ hilarious scenario.

Except in this one, it wasn’t a random carjacker on a rural road at night, rather, it was a perfectly timed daytime attack, in which the bad guys somehow managed to puncture his tire, follow him unseen, have him stop in an isolated spot, yet screwed up the easy part.

Then the kicker, this happened the day after he was fired got embezzling millions.

Man, what luck.

I heard of another case, where a guy set up his neighbor to shoot his parents and sister. The neighbor as pre-planned intentionally grazed him on the shoulder. I am struggling as to why they Med flighted a superficial wound.

Someone up thread speculated on a very interesting theory that (if my memory serves me correctly) if someone's phone was part of a "find family & friends" app, throwing it out on the road where it was no longer moving could be a signal to someone that the deed was done.

The other popular idea is that it was taken from her so she couldn't call for help, and then tossed as the culprits made a getaway.
While I'm not at all discounting the possibility of Alex being involved in Paul and Maggie's murders I doubt the difference between a phone being in someone's pocket while they're being shot vs laying 100 yards away at the foot of the driveway would make enough of a difference in a tracking app to be a very reliable signal.

I dint give that much concern but wondered how they knew they would be welcome. With this being a coworker and in some cases family, I can see them being genuinely worried about him.

But AM would have been long gone from the site of the incident. I'm not sure I would go to the scene right away, just to speak to LE. They have phones. They know who to call. They have contacts.
I think they wanted to show that they were taking action and were suspicious of whether the event was actually an attack.....or something else. They were in 'save our business' emergency mode.

ETA: typo

Last edited:
IMO this has absolutely nothing to do with opioid addiction. Narrative only, dicated by Griffin (the lawyer) and RM.

JMO but this is a whole lot simpler than these threads are reading...i'll get all the links and quote sources. apples to oranges but this reminds me so much of the mcstay murders. AM isn't that bright. Leaning towards RM, the brotherly leader of the patriarch, having the middle brother fall on the PMPED sword. AM couldn't pull this off himself. No way. That's not to say he is or isn't implicit/guilty/innocent of murder. Simply no concrete evidence to support any theory. But in my amateur experience with these cases, they will never be solved because of inclusionary culture in law enforcement...

Excellent questions. I have no idea how SC law works, in this regard. A don't ask, don't tell marriage?

If the Court finds that he knowingly transferred stolen money anywhere then it's fair game in all 50 states, IMO. So yeah, it's pertinent. He knew he was embezzling, so when he pleads out on that (which he will), I wonder what the process will look like after that. The law firm is surely entitled to half of the joint marital assets, if not more.

Look for their properties to go on the market soon. There doesn't seem to be anyone driving this train, though, at this point in time.

Perhaps he transferred the matrimonial property to his wife in Dec 2016, and then began embezzling. Perhaps she didn't suspect embezzlement until she requested the audit. Does anyone know when the audit was requested?

The only remaining recipient of the property via the Will is Butch, but if he is named/joined in the boat accident wrongful death suit (such as providing ID to enable drunkenness), then they've lost everything.

Randy Murdaugh IV, will he remain with the law firm?

upload_2021-9-8_18-52-52.png

(PMPED website)

My problem with the very theory I put forth about the phone being taken from her is just how brutal this is. A shotgun and high powered rifle was used, that suggests that this was quick and very personal. I’m thinking there wasn’t much said.

The real estate transfer was in December 2016. If Alex was embezzling in 2016, and his wife knew about it, transferring all the property; including adjacent properties, to her name might have been a joint decision. Perhaps she didn't know why property titles were put in her name. Add to that the more recent audit request from Alex's wife. If all the property is in her name, and he is arrested for embezzlement, would that property be excluded from the wrongful death lawsuit, or the embezzlement?

View attachment 311889

qPublic.net - Colleton County, SC - Report: 122-00-00-003.000
Interesting this is only 176 acres not the entire 1770 +/- they always state as the size of Moselle.

While I'm not at all discounting the possibility of Alex being involved in Paul and Maggie's murders I doubt the difference between a phone being in someone's pocket while they're being shot vs laying 100 yards away at the foot of the driveway would make enough of a difference in a tracking app to be a very reliable signal.
As I recall, I think they found the phone down the road a bit.

IMO this has absolutely nothing to do with opioid addiction. Narrative only, dicated by Griffin (the lawyer) and RM.

JMO but this is a whole lot simpler than these threads are reading...i'll get all the links and quote sources. apples to oranges but this reminds me so much of the mcstay murders. AM isn't that bright. Leaning towards RM, the brotherly leader of the patriarch, having the middle brother fall on the PMPED sword. AM couldn't pull this off himself. No way. That's not to say he is or isn't implicit/guilty/innocent of murder. Simply no concrete evidence to support any theory. But in my amateur experience with these cases, they will never be solved because of inclusionary culture in law enforcement...

IMO *if* the “drive by shooting” comes out to be self inflicted/caused, there’s no way he pulled the trigger on his son and wife. A cold blooded killer isn’t (likely) going to sloppily botch a suicide attempt. I’m leaning towards him being the fall guy who just happens to be messy with embezzlement and a side of opioid addiction. I think he knows who killed his family and with his dad gone, “they” are hanging him out to dry. Allegedly- IMO (opinions likely to change when the next twist presents itself)

I’m not sold on it being a drug addiction. That may be a diversion to that he’s just a bad person. People are more forgiving and understanding with addictions versus a real Bad Guy. Many people are battling drug addictions that are a by product of pain management. I wouldn’t be surprised if they try to spin that theory for sympathy. The goal is not to make him look like a Bad Guy. The statement from Griffin “the family has been through so much” was damage control.
Good point, and addiction or no addiction, since he electively went to rehab, can he leave at any time? I’m just worried about his potential actions once he’s out.

@lstiff, i totally agree. with the exception of the drug addiction. Alcoholic? Heck yes, he has all the trademarks; bloating & redness in the face, etc...No judgement.

My problem is the shell corporations masked in real estate. "Milton Murdaugh Farm" etc, that property specifically yielding 50K a year in cattle profits. Perhaps MM was the mastermind. maybe RM the deceased, or RM the elder son had a hand in this. The former lived in a pretty modest home, nothing like the acreage that AM had on the books. IMO what we are all attributing to "wealth" isn't necessarily such a moniker. In my neck of the woods, a 17 foot center console isn't at all a measure of prosperity, rather a "poor man's boat"...

Rehab was the quickest way to save face. That’s why I believe Saturday was staged. The prelude attempting suicide because he’s having such a difficult time ‘since the murders’ and ‘exacerbating the problems that were already there’. So now the good ole boy stance ‘I’m admitting I have a problem, I’m checking into rehab and resigning’.

That was nothing more than a packaged response to blur the facts. In reality he was forced out because he was found out. He didn’t say anything about the actions causing the fall out, other than he was sorry for affecting relationships.

While it’s not unusual to orchestrate a damage control statement his is pure BS. He’s lying, he thinks he can script his own fall from grace.

First I’ve seen this regarding PM and the housekeeper:
Alex Murdaugh's brother Randy blasts him over allegations he took money from law firm | Daily Mail Online

“He had also been tied to the death of his housekeeper (who fell down the stairs in 2018) and the unsolved 2015 death of Stephen Smith, whose mother believes was beaten to death in a hate crime because he was gay.”

From what I’ve come across the details from the housekeepers accident are missing from the legal documents. I need to find the link.

That’s why I question if it’s cause or effect in relation to the murders. Did he start after (because of) or were they killed (bc of a variety of theories) as a result of his addiction?

It will be the one that fits their story best. They are buying time while crafting a story so we don’t know yet which it will be.

@lstiff, i totally agree. with the exception of the drug addiction. Alcoholic? Heck yes, he has all the trademarks; bloating & redness in the face, etc...No judgement.

My problem is the shell corporations masked in real estate. "Milton Murdaugh Farm" etc, that property specifically yielding 50K a year in cattle profits. Perhaps MM was the mastermind. maybe RM the deceased, or RM the elder son had a hand in this. The former lived in a pretty modest home, nothing like the acreage that AM had on the books. IMO what we are all attributing to "wealth" isn't necessarily such a moniker. In my neck of the woods, a 17 foot center console isn't at all a measure of prosperity, rather a "poor man's boat"...
Wasn't the 17 ft center console the smaller of the Murdaugh's two boats?

And, I don't know if there is any relation, but I think the Milton Murdaugh farm (now Murdaugh Farm, run by the late Milton's son) is another family entirely.

If Alex owned the knife that was used to slash the tires, does that mean he shot himself? Or, is that too far-fetched?

Since we have 2 different stories on the wound, one being significant and the other a surface wound, nothing is too far fetched. There was no visible blood at the scene and he was able to make a few calls while he was waiting for EMS, his attorney or both to show up.

There is no info on the car-truck (that he SAW pass by and then turn around) as far as color, model, etc. No BOLO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam