Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
LS says in the video (timestamp 32:07)

Barry called Suzanne 11 times at 2:26pm on Sat May 9th (in our timeline as the morning) and at 2:39pm JL texted SM "my gang is home" to which there was no response. I haven't finished watching yet to see if there are any other differences.

Post #722 by OldCop.
Thread #75
BM did that repetitive calling in Florida too.
MOO his suspicions get confirmed.

I think BM knew she was having an affair. He just didn’t know who it was with. I think it was driving him crazy. He said it was emotional because he absolutely could not stand the thought of another man touching her. MOO

I agree. At some level he knew. And when she says she's looking at houses in Salida, he says, "Why not AZ?" which is where she and JL had talked about moving - I don't know when they had that conversation.There's just so many ways that he could have spied on her. Once that urge to spy comes up, it's well past time that the couple should separate, IME.

She was trying to leave, in her own way. I think she was such a hopeful, sweet type of person (who didn't want to actually hurt Barry but also wanted to be happy and have her own life), that she didn't realize what he was capable of.

Many of us left our parents' homes, basically, to marry "the man" we thought we'd be with forever, but we were all naīve, and Barry was slightly older - so he naturally took over all the decision-making. It went from there.

I dunno....

But I definitely see a man that was told that the marriage was over (May 6), who I think went into 'recover the relationship' mode, doing what he's always done when SM brings up leaving, including the threat of suicide, days (three) of love bombing his wife, --and the ultimate for BM where he actually calls it a day and takes off work early-- all for SM to ignore and/or not acknowledge BM or his efforts!

IMO, I think BM would have been out of control at this point!

I think for the first time in more than 30 years, BM realized that SM was not backing down, and he could not change her mind.

Whatever happened at PP, I believe that BM is convinced that SM made him do this, and that she gave him no other choice.

MOO

Continuing my thoughts about BM's state of mind leading up to 2:43 pm on May 9 --

We know that BM told FBI Agent that he was "hurt" when SM ignored him and/or failed to respond to his suicide threat on May 6. Whereas a narc needs attention on the level that others need air to breathe, SM was silent and had no reaction to whether BM lived or died.

On Friday night, if SM truly sent out FB friend requests to upperclassmen from her Indiana HS, seems to me that SM was reacting to something by BM on Friday evening (after pizza) that unsettled her -- and where BM probably left PP and ended up at the riverfront build site (as told by MG).

Saturday morning - seems BM was testing the water with how SM was feeling towards him when he sent SM a text about a possible outing. Although SM replied within 2 mins, I don't believe BM ever had any intention of hiking with SM, and his texts used to support the couple's alleged hike on Saturday evening (per BM).

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV

On May 9, Text messages:
9:50 BM: Wanna go on a hike?
9:52 SM: where? (no response)
Later on, asking about summer tires on range rover?
10:36 SM: Wanna meet to hike? 12 minutes later
10:48 BM:No, coming home
SM: Get Hottub stuff

1:05 PM · Aug 10, 2021·Twitter Web App

Later, after allegedly enjoying soup and sun with SM, BM was seen on surveillance at DSi around 2 pm for bucket blade change on the skid steer (Bobcat). However, from SM's messages to JL during this period, it doesn't appear that SM was aware that BM made plans for the bobcat repair when he again just "took off" from PP (per SM).

If BM attempted 11 calls to SM around 2:26 pm, I think he expected SM to be home where'd she'd immediately pick up or call him back.

Could BM actually see SM on the patio from his webcams in the garden? If BM could see SM yet she was ignoring his 11- calls (because she was otherwise busy communicating with JL until at least 2:39 pm), I think BM most likely confronted SM upon arrival!

Is it really any surprise that BM left his truck door open or ajar when he arrived PP around 2:43 pm?

MOO

I also read that the tranqualizer was found to be faulty/not working properly, I read that in one of the news articles. Was he like an outdoorsmen or something? why would someone need a tranquilizer unless you are like ace Ventura pet detective? I honestly think I need to read more on this case to really understand what happened I truly only read a couple articles today after seeing it here first
It would be very helpful if you could link that article.

I too have tried to follow the case from the beginning but these threads move so fast that I too miss things and have trouble keeping up.

There are some great timelines and articles in the MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES *NO DISCUSSIONS* link in the first post of every new thread. This M,M & T thread is basically a historical reference library for each case. It is very helpful when trying to keep up to date!

I think BM knew she was having an affair. He just didn’t know who it was with. I think it was driving him crazy. He said it was emotional because he absolutely could not stand the thought of another man touching her. MOO
Yes I agree especially after watching Lauren’s video -I wonder if he was checking her cell history online with their provider and that’s why she moved to linked in and WhatsApp?
I sent the time stamp of the 11 calls made by BM May 9 for the timeline to our thread. He must have come in that house at a run and knocked her flat out - he was enraged
JMO

Continuing my thoughts about BM's state of mind leading up to 2:43 pm on May 9 --

We know that BM told FBI Agent that he was "hurt" when SM ignored him and/or failed to respond to his suicide threat on May 6. Whereas a narc needs attention on the level that others need air to breathe, SM was silent and had no reaction to whether BM lived or died.

On Friday night, if SM truly sent out FB friend requests to upperclassmen from her Indiana HS, seems to me that SM was reacting to something by BM on Friday evening (after pizza) that unsettled her -- and where BM probably left PP and ended up at the riverfront build site (as told by MG).

Saturday morning - seems BM was testing the water with how SM was feeling towards him when he sent SM a text about a possible outing. Although SM replied within 2 mins, I don't believe BM ever had any intention of hiking with SM, and his texts used to support the couple's alleged hike on Saturday evening (per BM).

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV

On May 9, Text messages:

Later, after allegedly enjoying soup and sun with SM, BM was seen on surveillance at DSi around 2 pm for bucket blade change on the skid steer (Bobcat). However, from SM's messages to JL during this period, it doesn't appear that SM was aware that BM made plans for the bobcat repair when he again just "took off" from PP (per SM).

If BM attempted 11 calls to SM around 2:26 pm, I think he expected SM to be home where'd she'd immediately pick up or call him back.

Could BM actually see SM on the patio from his webcams in the garden? If BM could see SM yet she was ignoring his 11- calls (because she was otherwise busy communicating with JL until at least 2:39 pm), I think BM most likely confronted SM upon arrival!

Is it really any surprise that BM left his truck door open or ajar when he arrived PP around 2:43 pm?

MOO
Similar thoughts - I do think he was enraged upon arrival because she ignored his calls yet I’ve thought his time “hunting for the turkey MM shot” Saturday (cell phone pings) was really him repositioning cameras so there wouldn’t be evidence of their “non- hike” that evening after their “steak shared on a plate” evening he fabricated
Lauren’s video is a treasure trove of detail

Yup, that’s Fotis Dulos, one of the guys actually says, “there’s Fotis.”

Go to the 2:40 mark, they’re comparing Barry to him as he also dumped trash.

Here’s a screenshot from the Courant article, and the screenshot from court tv.

1303AD5F-9294-45AB-9298-51E31982EEF5.jpeg 529C5781-8E14-47E8-82C2-CE644A0AB185.jpeg

Video shows man state police say is Fotis Dulos dumping garbage bags in Hartford city trash cans

Last edited:
It would be very helpful if you could link that article.

I too have tried to follow the case from the beginning but these threads move so fast that I too miss things and have trouble keeping up.

There are some great timelines and articles in the MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES *NO DISCUSSIONS* link in the first post of every new thread. This M,M & T thread is basically a historical reference library for each case. It is very helpful when trying to keep up to date!

ohh okay thank you thats very helpful! and yes it can be difficult keeping up, but I guess its a good thing that people are doing some good research and having some great discussions!

here is the quote from the article and the website of the article I added
"The deputy says he was the one who found the cap to a needle used to fill a tranquilizer dart with chemicals in the dryer at the Morphew home. According to the deputy, he also found a tranquilizer gun and to his knowledge the gun didn’t work and looked like it had not been used in a long time."

but it also says in the article that another deputy stated that the deputy that found the tranquilizer was not an expert on tranquilizer guns so he shouldn't have made that comment. I looked up Chaffee county and they only have a population of 20,000 people who reside there, thats considered a small town population, I looked up the crime/ homicides specifically and it doesn't seem like they have very much, maybe the police were not as knowledgeable for this type of case, maybe a more knowledgeable department in another county should have helped in obtaining information/ evidence. Unless they did do that and I just missed it
Judge will decide whether or not there is enough evidence for a trial in the Suzanne Morphew case

I believe what he meant, precisely, is that Suzanne had no access to cash unless he gave it to her. That's what he meant and that's how I think most people would take that comment. She didn't need an ATM card.

SBM
I believe the ATM comment was not literal, regardless of whether she actually had an ATM card. He meant he provided whatever she needed. 1) If it was literally true it doesn't make sense to admit so. 2) Suzanne had the wherewithal to fund two separate "secret" bank accounts. 3) It seems like Suzanne was the bookkeeper for the landscape business. 4) In what world in 2020 does a person operate solely on cash? A literal interpretation doesn't make any sense unless the whole point or such interpretation is to paint Barry in the worst light possible. IMO

ohh okay thank you thats very helpful! and yes it can be difficult keeping up, but I guess its a good thing that people are doing some good research and having some great discussions!

here is the quote from the article and the website of the article I added
"The deputy says he was the one who found the cap to a needle used to fill a tranquilizer dart with chemicals in the dryer at the Morphew home. According to the deputy, he also found a tranquilizer gun and to his knowledge the gun didn’t work and looked like it had not been used in a long time."

but it also says in the article that another deputy stated that the deputy that found the tranquilizer was not an expert on tranquilizer guns so he shouldn't have made that comment. I looked up Chaffee county and they only have a population of 20,000 people who reside there, thats considered a small town population, I looked up the crime/ homicides specifically and it doesn't seem like they have very much, maybe the police were not as knowledgeable for this type of case, maybe a more knowledgeable department in another county should have helped in obtaining information/ evidence. Unless they did do that and I just missed it
Judge will decide whether or not there is enough evidence for a trial in the Suzanne Morphew case
The Sheriff of Chaffee County has plenty of big city experience. Plus the FBI and CBI have been on the case since the beginning. This preliminary hearing is not like the trial, where there will be experts on the stand. IMO

About Sheriff John Spezze - Chaffee County Sheriff

Sheriff John Spezze has over 38 years of law enforcement experience. He began his career with the Salida, Colorado Police Department and after three years began his career with the Denver Police Department. Sheriff Spezze retired from the Denver Police Department after 27 years of service. While with the Denver Police Department Spezze worked as a narcotics investigator in both street level investigations and complex investigations. As a sergeant Spezze gained a vast amount of experience in both community policing and problem oriented policing as well as running undercover operations in both Districts 1 and 6.

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV

On May 9, Text messages:

MOO
Regarding the FB friends activity, May 8th SM puts “ too many women on FB “ on her list of 50 grievances towards BM.

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425181441856622601?s=21
On MAY 8, a note in #SuzanneMorphew was a list of 50 reasons why she wanted to leave the marriage. Ex. A lot of Women on FB, and said it was good for business

The Sheriff of Chaffee County has plenty of big city experience. Plus the FBI and CBI have been on the case since the beginning. This preliminary hearing is not like the trial, where there will be experts on the stand. IMO

About Sheriff John Spezze - Chaffee County Sheriff

Sheriff John Spezze has over 38 years of law enforcement experience. He began his career with the Salida, Colorado Police Department and after three years began his career with the Denver Police Department. Sheriff Spezze retired from the Denver Police Department after 27 years of service. While with the Denver Police Department Spezze worked as a narcotics investigator in both street level investigations and complex investigations. As a sergeant Spezze gained a vast amount of experience in both community policing and problem oriented policing as well as running undercover operations in both Districts 1 and 6.

oh good!! So they were definitely very qualified and knowledgeable then! thats very good to know, I just know sometimes small town cases that have departments with little experience can make a HUGE difference in how the case turns out. From my understanding a preliminary hearing is basically all the evidence/ witnesses are cross examined/ experts go on the stand and the prosecutor must convince the judge that there is definite probable cause that a crime was committed and the defendant committed the crime

Just the gun wasn't working. The hypodermic needle in the dart can be used without a gun.

Barry owned (owns?) a deer farm in Indiana. Indiana okayed such farms in 2016, I believe. He is on the list of founders of this new type of business (where people go capture deer by. tranq gun, move them to a fenced area and then collect a fee from hunters who like canned hunting - or. shoot the deer themselves, turning them into venison products),

And deer farm owners, among others, typical get these darts from veterinary supply.
Brainstorming thoughts: ... I think an "emotional" affair might go towards DV re. BM gaslighting SM and his increasing alleged episodes of narc-rage as he experiences his seeming loss of control of SM. BM senses things are different...

I'm recalling BM alleging that SM was no longer giving him the love/support she previously provided him. BM has acknowledged that SM was standing firm, becoming "ballsy," perhaps attributing her newfound strength to an outsider providing SM with "emotional" support.

I think it will be interesting if/how the state's qualified, expert witness introduces BM's behavior as he experiences his loss of control over SM. o_O

MOO
you locals who know Colo law. Is it correct that conversations either girl may have had with E&N and their agents are not protected and at trial, the prosecution may ask who said what to whom?
Next, did MM1 shoot that alleged turkey with the illegal short rifle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member