Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #80 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also read that the tranqualizer was found to be faulty/not working properly, I read that in one of the news articles. Was he like an outdoorsmen or something? why would someone need a tranquilizer unless you are like ace Ventura pet detective? I honestly think I need to read more on this case to really understand what happened I truly only read a couple articles today after seeing it here first

The media picked up and printed headlines based solely on the defenses more outlandish claims.

We all agree that Lauren Scharf, Fox 21 out of Colorado Springs is a good source for news and facts on this case. You can read up in the Media thread linked in the first post on this thread.

Is that the peak that can be seen from the ridge where Barry collapsed, during the search with AM?

Surely...someone has gone up there? If she were placed there, though, within 10-14 days, I think wildlife would have scattered the remains. This is along the lines I'm thinking as well - I don't know exactly where, but a kind of sky burial makes sense to me (and if she is ever found, or any part of her is found, it will have little to no forensic value, as planned by BM).

Best I can tell, Barry's swan dive pic was taken on the western side of Bald Mountain. We would really need to ask Andy to point it out on a map, if it was on the west side of Bald, Monarch and Pahlone would be behind the camera.

I've picked out a couple of places on Pahlone that would be ideal to disappear a body that you can get to on a four wheeler. I don't care how <modsnip> BM was supposed to have been, you can't free climb a mountain while toting a body.

Last edited by a moderator:
He said he shot deer (to saw off their antlers) with tranquilizer darts in April 2020.
So whatever the method of shooting them was, it was operational just a few weeks before May 9th 2020.
The condition the police found the dart gun in is irrelevant unless supported by some evidence of being broken before or on May 9th 2020.

Last edited:
He said he shot deer (to saw off their antlers) with tranquilizer darts in April 2020.
So whatever the method of shooting them was, it was operational just a few weeks before May 9th 2020.
The condition the police found the dart gun in is irrelevant unless supported by some evidence of being broken before or on May 9th 2020.
Excellent point, hopefully we see this brought up at trial. It's yet another way BM shot himself in the foot making all those voluntary statements. :)

you locals who know Colo law. Is it correct that conversations either girl may have had with E&N and their agents are not protected and at trial, the prosecution may ask who said what to whom?
Next, did MM1 shoot that alleged turkey with the illegal short rifle!

I believe the daughters of the victim and the defendant were deemed witnesses to the Agents/LE investigating the disappearance of their mother and don't think there's any basis for these conversations to be protected at trial.

Generally, protected conversations require an attorney-client relationship for "privilege" (i.e., communication in confidence for obtaining legal advice) to attach.

I don't believe E & N could offer this relationship to the daughters since they have a conflict of interest representing their father.

MOO

Best I can tell, Barry's swan dive pic was taken on the western side of Bald Mountain. We would really need to ask Andy to point it out on a map, if it was on the west side of Bald, Monarch and Pahlone would be behind the camera.

I've picked out a couple of places on Pahlone that would be ideal to disappear a body that you can get to on a four wheeler. I don't care how <modsnip> BM was supposed to have been, you can't free climb a mountain while toting a body.
Can you clarify, are you referring to Bald Mountain NE of Nathrop, or Big Baldy Mountain NE of Salida, or a different Bald Mountain? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought he layed down on old Monarch Pass.

Google maps and Earth call it Bald Mountain. It's slightly north and west of Monarch and is pretty bald so it really lives up to it's name.

Catching up. Sounds like Barry may have been putting on a performance with his swan dive on the bluff. ‘Look there, not here’ move by him, and not likely she’s buried there.

I had already started digging to find the bluff location. Someone mentioned White Pine. There is this about 11 miles west of Maysville. The White Pine Mine is near Garfield, Colorado. Historically the site has been associated with the Tomichi Mining District which is now part of the Gunnison National Forest. https://thediggings.com/mines/usgs10191582

More disturbing, it appears to be near this place, noted this way in the link:
White Pine Cemetery

Cemetery
A place or area for burying the dead.

White Pine Cemetery Topo Map in Gunnison County, Colorado

Last edited:
Was the bolded line below ever tweeted during the PH? Or is it untrue or sloppy reporting? Even the article title says he found her texts. I don’t recall that. Anyone else?

Suzanne Morphew had been exchanging texts, selfies and audio messages with an alleged lover before she vanished last year, prosecutors said Monday. They allege that her husband discovered the communications and killed her in a rage.

Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say

Catching up. Sounds like Barry may have been putting on a performance with his swan dive on the bluff. Look there, not here move by him, and not likely she’s buried there. I had already started digging to find it. Someone mentioned White Pine. There is this about 11 miles west of Maysville. The White Pine Mine is near Garfield, Colorado. Historically the site has been associated with the Tomichi Mining District which is now part of the Gunnison National Forest. https://thediggings.com/mines/usgs10191582

More disturbing, it appears to be this near place, noted this way in the link:
White Pine Cemetery

Cemetery

Thank you @steeltowngirl for adding "White Pine." While reading Bald Mountain, Old Monarch, and most recently Pahlone -- I kept thinking it was initially called something else but didn't know what. I can rest now! ;)

Catching up. Sounds like Barry may have been putting on a performance with his swan dive on the bluff. ‘Look there, not here’ move by him, and not likely she’s buried there.

I had already started digging to find the bluff location. Someone mentioned White Pine. There is this about 11 miles west of Maysville. The White Pine Mine is near Garfield, Colorado. Historically the site has been associated with the Tomichi Mining District which is now part of the Gunnison National Forest. https://thediggings.com/mines/usgs10191582

More disturbing, it appears to be this near place, noted this way in the link:
White Pine Cemetery

Cemetery

Bingo! You are good. An unmarked grave at a cemetery?
JMO

Was the bolded line below ever tweeted during the PH? Or is it untrue or sloppy reporting? Even the article title says he found her texts. I don’t recall that. Anyone else?

Suzanne Morphew had been exchanging texts, selfies and audio messages with an alleged lover before she vanished last year, prosecutors said Monday. They allege that her husband discovered the communications and killed her in a rage.

Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say

Not to my knowledge and I don't believe the Tweets by other reporters present corroborate this.

I believe the closest to a motive put forward by the prosecutor was that on May 6, SM told BM that she was done with the marriage and BM would not allow that to happen.

IMO, I think it's the defense that might be invested in that type of headline-- purporting this was a crime of passion where BM "caught SM" and did not mean to kill her.

MOO

CM has never confirmed or corrected this as far as I know. She was questioned about it on Twitter at the time. The question of her veracity on this headline/claim comes up over & over in these threads.

I attached the contemporaneous Twitter screenshot where she was asked about it.

If untrue, that headline and article needs retraction &/or correction.
Screenshot_20210909-001758_(1).png

JMHO

I believe the daughters of the victim and the defendant were deemed witnesses to the Agents/LE investigating the disappearance of their mother and don't think there's any basis for these conversations to be protected at trial.

Generally, protected conversations require an attorney-client relationship for "privilege" (i.e., communication in confidence for obtaining legal advice) to attach.

I don't believe E & N could offer this relationship to the daughters since they have a conflict of interest representing their father.

MOO

IIRC, the daughters each hired their own attorney early on.

CM has never confirmed or corrected this as far as I know. She was questioned about it on Twitter at the time. The question of her veracity on this headline/claim comes up over & over in these threads.

View attachment 311924

JMHO

CM is cited as a free-lance Investigative Reporter covering Colorado for 30 years.

I first recall CM during the JonBenet R. story and her work on ABC 20/20 and enjoyed her traditional, work.

IMO, I think her writing has more recently changed-- I see a slant towards "crime story" appeal versus traditional, fact-checking journalism.

JMO.

Last edited:

View attachment 311924

JMHO

It's click bait gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads