SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffin said Alex Murdaugh provided the following information to the S.C. Law Enforcement Division, the agency investigating the shooting.

Murdaugh was on Salkehatchie Road in Hampton County Sept. 4, driving to Charleston, when he noticed an indicator light that he had a low tire on his car, which was his late wife’s Mercedes-Benz, according to Griffin.

He pulled over and got out of his car when a truck passed by. The pickup truck turned around at St. John’s Baptist Church and drove back to Murdaugh.

“The driver of the truck rolled his window down, came to a stop, and asked if he had car trouble,” Griffin said.

Murdaugh said he didn’t know if he could change the tire nor whether he had the equipment to do so, and then Murdaugh was shot, according to his lawyer.

The driver was male and driving a blue pickup truck, Griffin said. He said he did not have more information about the driver’s features.

Alex Murdaugh provided details to a SLED sketch artist. The sketch has not been released, Griffin said, because SLED was not satisfied with it and Murdaugh needs to meet with investigators again for further details.

<snip>

Rumors have circulated about the cause of the shooting, with people speculating whether it was self-inflicted. Griffin denied that, saying he believes what Murdaugh reported.

“I don’t think you choose to have a flat tire or stage a flat tire to commit suicide. That makes no sense,” Griffin said. “There are many things (being reported) that are incongruent.”

Griffin said there was no gun found on the side of the road, in Murdaugh’s car, or in the area by SLED.

He also said a SLED agent who was on the scene told him that the side wall of Murdaugh’s tire was sliced.

Griffin said he was on the phone with Alex Murdaugh and a SLED agent on Monday. The SLED agent discussed how the agency is testing the blood in Murdaugh’s car, which spilled from his wound when he was retrieving his phone to call 911 after the shooting, according to Griffin.

Griffin also said two Good Samaritans found Murdaugh injured at the scene and took him in their car. Murdaugh called 911 from the car. The two people delivered Murdaugh to an ambulance further down the road, he said. From the ambulance, he was then airlifted to Savannah.

Both people have been interviewed by SLED, Griffin said.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254109318.html#storylink=mainstage_card2

If it's shown to authorities that AM stole large amounts of money from the law firm, being in rehab will not prevent his arrest.
The law firm surely had proof that AM took the money or they wouldn't have fired him. So shouldn't we be anticipating his arrest any time now?

Rumors have circulated about the cause of the shooting, with people speculating whether it was self-inflicted. Griffin denied that, saying he believes what Murdaugh reported.

“I don’t think you choose to have a flat tire or stage a flat tire to commit suicide. That makes no sense,” Griffin said. “There are many things (being reported) that are incongruent.”

Griffin said there was no gun found on the side of the road, in Murdaugh’s car, or in the area by SLED.

He also said a SLED agent who was on the scene told him that the side wall of Murdaugh’s tire was sliced.

Griffin said he was on the phone with Alex Murdaugh and a SLED agent on Monday. The SLED agent discussed how the agency is testing the blood in Murdaugh’s car, which spilled from his wound when he was retrieving his phone to call 911 after the shooting, according to Griffin.

Griffin also said two Good Samaritans found Murdaugh injured at the scene and took him in their car. Murdaugh called 911 from the car. The two people delivered Murdaugh to an ambulance further down the road, he said. From the ambulance, he was then airlifted to Savannah.

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article254109318.html#storylink=cpy

"Griffin said. “There are many things (being reported) that are incongruent."

I've heard them coming from his mouth.

"Griffin said he was on the phone with Alex Murdaugh and a SLED agent on Monday. The SLED agent discussed how the agency is testing the blood in Murdaugh’s car, which spilled from his wound when he was retrieving his phone to call 911 after the shooting, according to Griffin.

So he left the scene before EMS got there, called the Med-Vac helicopter himself? Did EMS find him 'further down the road" first?

"

I would hope so BUT....To be continued

That makes sense. For MM to get a forensic audit of their income streams (their own accounts) may have led to some phone calls between those forensic accountants and the law firm. Just a couple of polite inquiries. Something was probably really off in terms of the source of his deposits into his own accounts.

With all the properties they owned being in her name I am wondering if she owned major shares in the law firm? Has anyone checked into Maggie's background to see if she may have had money of her own that was inherited or she earned? If so Alex may have "sold" properties and his part of the law firm to her in exchange for money.

Just a thought.

JMO

Griffin said Alex Murdaugh provided the following information to the S.C. Law Enforcement Division, the agency investigating the shooting.

Murdaugh was on Salkehatchie Road in Hampton County Sept. 4, driving to Charleston, when he noticed an indicator light that he had a low tire on his car, which was his late wife’s Mercedes-Benz, according to Griffin.

He pulled over and got out of his car when a truck passed by. The pickup truck turned around at St. John’s Baptist Church and drove back to Murdaugh.

“The driver of the truck rolled his window down, came to a stop, and asked if he had car trouble,” Griffin said.

Murdaugh said he didn’t know if he could change the tire nor whether he had the equipment to do so, and then Murdaugh was shot, according to his lawyer.

The driver was male and driving a blue pickup truck, Griffin said. He said he did not have more information about the driver’s features.

Alex Murdaugh provided details to a SLED sketch artist. The sketch has not been released, Griffin said, because SLED was not satisfied with it and Murdaugh needs to meet with investigators again for further details.

<snip>

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254109318.html#storylink=mainstage_card2

Wait. So he was picked up by 2 good samaritans and then the helicopter came to wherever they pulled over with an injured Murdaugh to wait on a copter? Why did they drive anywhere away from the scene? What in the heck is going on here? How can this story keep changing by the hour? :eek:

Legal heir Alex Murdaugh's drive-by shooting was treated as attempted murder | Daily Mail Online

Mystery over Alex Murdaugh's bizarre drive-by shooting deepens as police report lists incident as 'attempted murder' but also notes there were 'no visible injuries'
The first deputies on scene would initially treat the scene as it had been reported (attempted murder).

They made an initial report, then handed it over to SLED, who was in charge of the investigation.

Who is in charge out there? Mistakes happen but come on..

I am new & not familiar with the rules, so please let me know if this isn't appropriate:

If (big if) LE are manipulating anything, at this point (after his own brother & his family's firm distanced themselves from him), the only possible reason would be because they personally have skin in the game.

Wait. So he was picked up by 2 good samaritans and then the helicopter came to wherever they pulled over with an injured Murdaugh to wait on a copter? Why did they drive anywhere away from the scene? What in the heck is going on here? How can this story keep changing by the hour? :eek:

These two people picked him up in their car and took him from the scene. He called 911 from this car and these two "good samaritans" drove him to the ambulance. From the ambulance, they placed him on a chopper.
This is the craziest series of events.....
You can't make this stuff up.

The first deputies on scene would initially treat the scene as it had been reported (attempted murder).

They made an initial report, then handed it over to SLED, who was in charge of the investigation.

But imagine the first officers on the scene. AM wasn't even there. He had been driven down the road by two random individuals. Correct?

Dominick Dunne was one of my favorite writers and true crime commentators. He had his missteps, but this would be right up his very posh street. Power, Privilege and Justice. (Most still on You Tube if you are inclined.)

I think things are going to come together fairly quickly.

I keep coming back to the fact that the knife that was used to slash AM's tyres was traced to him

And of course, the disparity on the extent of AM's wounds. And off to rehab he goes.

And his brother is shocked!

Okay.

MOO

ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts have been removed or edited. Since then, I’ve spoken with Tricia and we are making some changes on the fly.

Although LE has not officially named Alex Murdaugh as a POI, common sense tells us they would be remiss if they were not strongly considering him. Even MM and AM's own law firm saw fit to investigate him so we are opening up sleuthing of him unless LE officially announces that he is NOT a POI.

We trust Nancy G / Crimeonline for vetting their sources appropriately, so we are temporarily allowing both FITSNews and Mandy Mattney as approved sources in this discussion. As with any source, when we temporarily approve them, their status is subject to our monitoring the type of coverage (i.e. they don’t get too biased or rumor laden, etc), and that decision is subject to change at a later date.

PS: No absolute trashing of AM or direct accusations.

Last edited:
Attorney says Alex Murdaugh plans to repay millions he misappropriated from law firm | WCBD News 2

HAMPTON COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) – An attorney for Alex Murdaugh — the disbarred South Carolina lawyer who was ousted from his family law firm after misappropriating company funds just days before allegedly being shot in the head while changing a tire — says that Murdaugh “is accepting fully responsibility for his conduct.”

Murdaugh’s attorney said that “Alex is deeply sorry for his actions,” and plans to pay back all of the monies he misappropriated, which was confirmed to be in the millions.

<snip>

The attorney also said that Murdaugh “hopes that his conduct does not distract from law enforcement’s efforts to find who murdered his wife Maggie and son Paul.”

So if I rob a bank and get caught can I go to rehab and pay it back?

I am new & not familiar with the rules, so please let me know if this isn't appropriate:

If (big if) LE are manipulating anything, at this point (after his own brother & his family's firm distanced themselves from him), the only possible reason would be because they personally have skin in the game.
Welcome to WebSleuths!

So the wounds to dad weren't self inflicted? Who did it then?

Could it be the shooting of dad a truly random thing perhaps unconnected to all of this? There is that possibility too. That it was just some random bad actors driving by who didn't know who they were targeting and just shot someone for the thrill of it.

"Griffin said. “There are many things (being reported) that are incongruent."

I've heard them coming from his mouth.

"Griffin said he was on the phone with Alex Murdaugh and a SLED agent on Monday. The SLED agent discussed how the agency is testing the blood in Murdaugh’s car, which spilled from his wound when he was retrieving his phone to call 911 after the shooting, according to Griffin.

So he left the scene before EMS got there, called the Med-Vac helicopter himself? Did EMS find him 'further down the road" first?

"

I would hope so BUT....To be continued

This story from Griffin just keeps growing. First added detail :shooter asked if he had car trouble, second added detail :2 GS's found him and took him in their car. Who is Griffin trying to convince? The public or himself? I think we are going to see Griffin run for cover soon by distancing himself from it all. All of it stinks worse than cat urine. (no offense to cat owners).

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members