Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some tweets from Cathy on the hearings.

Cathy Russon
@cathyrusson
·
13h
#LoriVallowDaybell has a status check on her competency (She will NOT be present). Judge's virtual hearing begins soon here:
Lori.png

#ChadDaybell has a separate hearing that's closed to the public. Also, the only reason they are separated right now is due to Lori's commitment. Chad has officially filed to separate trials, but no ruling yet.

#LoriVallowDaybell - #ChadDaybell is present. Judge says it's because there's an issue that impacts both cases. (whatever the other topic was , is or was closed to public).

Hearing.jpg

#ChadDaybell with attorney John Prior.

Chad.png

#LoriVallowDaybell attorney Mark Means is not in his office with his signature animal head behind him. Looks like in a hotel.

Means.png

#LoriVallowDaybell - STILL NOT COMPETENT per judge reviewing her progress report. She'll remain committed for an additional 180 days before next review.

#ChadDaybell - Change of venue hearing is still set for Oct. 5-6 (been on the calendar for awhile). Chad's Nov. trial will be rescheduled. (not a shock).

link: https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

I did not realize they both would be in this hearing today....
Is Chad's hearing on 9/20 & 9/30 still a "go" ?? - I noticed that Cathy just mentioned the 10/5/21 hearing.
TIA! :)

Now I'm going to go out on a limb and predict there will never be a trial. They are going to grind Chad down until he accepts a plea deal. And Lori will just stay incompetent for the rest of her life.[/QUOTE]

You may well be right. But a lot of people might not consider that to be justice. Also - I am wondering whether Lori would keep quiet in the event of Chad testifying against her. If/when Chad casts shade on her, she might suddenly become angrily competent again, and insist on giving evidence in court. Not that anyone would believe her lies of course.

Snipped for focus
Now I'm going to go out on a limb and predict there will never be a trial. They are going to grind Chad down until he accepts a plea deal. And Lori will just stay incompetent for the rest of her life.

I’m beginning to think you’re right. Justice will not prevail. And if ever it should, it is in this case.

Very interesting piece from Lori Hellis: Insanity and Idaho - What Lori Might Do (9/8/21)

"Proof that Lori’s mental illness predated the crimes and may have been much more severe than anyone suspected is at the center of her defense, even in Idaho. If the defense can build a case that Lori was delusional and believed God was telling her that her husband and children were dark spirits, it’s only a quick jump to the claim that Lori did not have the mental capacity to form the intent."

Very interesting piece from Lori Hellis: Insanity and Idaho - What Lori Might Do (9/8/21)

"Proof that Lori’s mental illness predated the crimes and may have been much more severe than anyone suspected is at the center of her defense, even in Idaho. If the defense can build a case that Lori was delusional and believed God was telling her that her husband and children were dark spirits, it’s only a quick jump to the claim that Lori did not have the mental capacity to form the intent."
That is all well and good EXCEPT that CD sent emails to Lori with "insight" as to which were "dark"

Let's not forget that Lori told everyone (including their families and the police) that Charles was cheating on her. Of course MG also knew that he had been declared a zombie. We don't know which came first. During the time Lori vanished for 58 days Charles wrote a letter to Lori in which he denied that he had been unfaithful. He learned about her claim from Kay.
In Lori H's newsletter I was reminded of the secret recording SD made of MG. In it MG remembers questioning Lori's actions when the latter cancelled Charles' plane ticket and took his truck, but Lori replied that she had been instructed by Jesus. MG told SD: "I really thought that she saw Jesus." That means that the cheating excuse might not have been needed with MG.

Tying it back to these crimes, I think CV had such a large policy for the sake of JJ's lifetime care needs.

Changing his will and leaving it to Kay, IMO, meant he somehow expected Kay to fund JJ's future care.

On the surface, it seems a mistake he didn't spell this out to LV. It may have saved his life...But probably he was so anxious to save his marriage, he was afraid of her reaction.

I don't know what he discussed with his sister about what he expected her to do with the insurance money, surely it was to benefit JJ and not just a lifestyle upgrade for herself? She was probably also trying to figure out how to communicate with Lori without it all blowing up in her face.

IMO, people like Lori use extreme emotional outbursts and craziness to scare people, and prevent them from getting any control over the situation.

Which is probably exactly what she's doing now.

What he did makes sense to me. He gave JJs grandparents control of the money so they could feed money to Lori for care of the child, in the event of his death. That's seems like a rational response for someone in his position.

Don't forget Lori was saying some very nutty things at that time. She was not a stable person.

I do think Lori is crazy. I do not think that should excuse her from punitive measures. I am anti-death penalty but this case is testing the strength of my conviction. I been rethinking things and questioning if there is ever a time that the death penalty is the right thing to do. If there is this case qualifies for it.

Surprise, surprise.

I can’t wait until Lori finds out about his request to separate the cases.
Oh to be a fly on that wall.

Two innocent children murdered by those they trusted the most.

JJ could have easily gone to the Woodcock’s.

Tylee beaten and dismembered and burned. Lori could have probably emancipated her.

Yup, I’m on board with the death penalty.

100%

Last edited:
I have listen and read the recent court proceedings. IMO the Judge did the correct thing by giving LV another 180 days of treatment. LV and her team will not be able to comeback and say she did not get enough time for treatment. She will get the extra time. I still believe she is faking a lot of the illness. No matter what the final diagnosis is, I believe she knows right from wrong. She knows how to play the system. I also know that medications she is given do need to be adjusted for many reasons. So the Judge was correct in extending her treatment time. I do like the fact he said if there is reason to believe she is considered competent before the 180 days, the trial can go forward. I do not trust LV nor MM. I hope JA brings some stability and decency to the team.

I also believe MM and JA will use this time to see just will be happening to CD. They will see where the cards lay for LV. IMO I believe that CD going forward first will help him out if he turns on LV and also divorces her. That won’t happen until the two cases are permanently severed. CD can cut a deal and blame LV and Her brother. CD might get out of prison when he is close to 100. As for LV….I believe she and her brother, Alex, had murdered other people before knowing full well, that it was wrong. It was just an easy way for LV to get out of a situation she did no longer wanted to be in or quick way for her to get money.

I have a few questions I am going to ask The Good Lori, Lori Hellis. I hope she answers them Friday night.

All my own opinions

Have a good day everyone

“Cure”Lori’s mental illness with medication. 50 mg of morphine and phenobarbital intravenously should do it. Her brain will be totally “repaired.”

Surprise, surprise.

I can’t wait until Lori finds out about his request to separate the cases.
Oh to be a fly on that wall.

Two innocent children murdered by those they trusted the most.

JJ could have easily gone to the Woodcock’s.

Tylee beaten and dismembered and burned. Lori could have probably emancipated her.

Yup, I’m on board with the death penalty.

100%

Tylee could have gone to the Woodcocks, as well. They said so. She only needed a few months to get started in adulthood, and they appreciated her years of kindness to JJ.
Thr Woodcocks are wonderful people.

Now I'm going to go out on a limb and predict there will never be a trial. They are going to grind Chad down until he accepts a plea deal. And Lori will just stay incompetent for the rest of her life.

You may well be right. But a lot of people might not consider that to be justice. Also - I am wondering whether Lori would keep quiet in the event of Chad testifying against her. If/when Chad casts shade on her, she might suddenly become angrily competent again, and insist on giving evidence in court. Not that anyone would believe her lies of course.[/QUOTE]

I believe that Lori is incompetent.

Incompetent is not the same as mentally ill. One can be incompetent (ex. very low IQ) with no mental illness. One can be mentally ill and competent. Ex. is the Lori Vallow we “know,” IMO, from 2018-2019. I think things have changed. I think she is now both mentally ill and incompetent.

It is very hard to fake incompetence. Refusing medicine is making the kind of decision and reasoning and cause and effect awareness one would need to defend herself in court, so that wouldn’t work.

Lori is highly manipulative, and if she chose to manipulate by faking incompetence, she would have to cease manipulating in every other way.

Institutionalized, there is almost nothing to do play manipulative social games with your peers to the get the advantage in scarce resources. People like Lori (the competent Lori we remember from 2019) can succeed quite well in such an environment. The competent Lori would find a way to be everyone’s favorite, and always get the most favors and rewards. Guards would let her borrow their phone in an office. She would get the best contraband smuggled in, perhaps even at the hands of the staff. When others obtained little luxuries or contraband, they would share with her, the queen of the institution. That is, if she had the freedom to play institution games. Faking incompetence means giving all that up.

People who aren’t manipulative learn to be or at least are hyper vigilant to avoid being abused.

How long could Lori exist in such a competitive environment without revealing her ability to “play,” and thus her competence.

Mental health professionals know how to assess for malingering. A really good faker- and I doubt that includes Lori because I can’t see her managing without competing or reacting to things- is going to make an error eventually.

I guess the longest lasting faker was “The Chin?” He was nothing like this band of narcissistic criminals.

Edited to add: I hope the trials do not get separate. Chad has waived his right to a speedy trial. I hope Lori is restored to competence (if I am right she is legit) or makes a mistake (if others are right and she is faking) soon. And they are tried together. Prior is going to go hard on blaming Lori and Alex (Gibb, the raccoon——who has an angry litter of little dexterous soldiers with a motive to strangle Tammy—-anyone but Chad). Chad, as manipulative and arrogant as he is, goes passive in the face of authority, but Prior won’t allow that because it is not a good defense. Lori is incapable of being un reactive to an attack. There would be less duplication of the prosecutions case, too. Together is more efficient. And Lori will force more out of Chad than the prosecution can in my opinion.

Last edited:
Updating a compilation of SleuthD-o-doubleg's observations of MM's visits to Rexburg jail; all are MM unless otherwise noted:

0908 Wednesday; 0907 Tuesday; 0902 Thursday; 0901 Wednesday; 0831 Tuesday; 0825 Wednesday; 0824 Tuesday; 0823 Monday = (MM & JA); 0820; Friday; 0813 Friday; 0812 Thursday; 0809 Monday = (MM & JA); 0804 Wednesday; 0803 Tuesday; 0802 Monday; 0730 Friday; 0729 Thursday; 0728 Wednesday; 0727 Tuesday; 0722 Thursday; 0719 Monday; 0716 Friday; 0713 Tuesday; 0712 Monday; 0709 Friday; 0708 Thursday; 0707 Wednesday; 0706 Tuesday; 0702 Friday; 0701 Thursday.

All in MOO, and many thanks to SleuthD-o-doubleg for your posts! We appreciate your dedication.

Forever Young This is the link to today’s hearing. I just listened to it. The Judge stated the Grand Jury Transcripts are still not ready. They are still being processed.

IMO with Covid, the back log of cases, lack of people allowed to type up these documents, that it is not the Prosecutions fault, no ones fault, it’s just everyone is behind. Even meetings are still Zoomed for safety.

Even the Defense got quiet and stopped complaining. The people typing these legal documents can only type so fast, so many hours a day and it is hard to stare at a computer all day long. So many court cases want the papers now, but we Weill have to wait. Everything is now wait!

I wondered why the Judge was not jumping on the Prosecution not turning everything over, now I heard why….papers are still not ready.

This is the link to today’s hearing Sept 8, 2021

The only thing is, going off memory, is that those transcripts were promised on July 15, after a complaint about not receiving them on time had already been made. I thought the Novemeber trial date was made with the understanding that all discovery would be handed over by July 15, with the State saying they were ready to go to trial.

I used to do medical transcription, so I know how fast a transcriptionist can type. The job could be split in 2 or 3 sections with multiple transcriptionists working on it.

The dragging out of discovery in this case has been highly irrregular IMO.

The only thing is, going off memory, is that those transcripts were promised on July 15, after a complaint about not receiving them on time had already been made. I thought the Novemeber trial date was made with the understanding that all discovery would be handed over by July 15, with the State saying they were ready to go to trial.

I used to do medical transcription, so I know how fast a transcriptionist can type. The job could be split in 2 or 3 sections with multiple transcriptionists working on it.

The dragging out of discovery in this case has been highly irrregular IMO.

Around here (eastern MA) there's apparently a major shortage of legal and medical transcriptionists. Don't know if that's the case there, or how much it would slow things down.

That is all well and good EXCEPT that CD sent emails to Lori with "insight" as to which were "dark"

The list we saw still showed JJ at the very end of the light scale. Of course, that was before Lori knew that the insurance money wasn't coming to her. How would CD know anything about JR, CV, TR, or JJV without hearing about it first hand from Lori? Influence is a two-way street.

I haven't read any more of LH's info than you've quoted here but... uhmmm... didn't LV have a mental evaluation in AZ that concluded she didn't require treatment of any kind? So, if her legal defense team decides to go this route, I wonder exactly at what point in time in her life they will suggest she became severely mentally ill? Or, is it possible, the evaluation in AZ had a different outcome than we've been lead to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong