Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doubtful a Switch would be heavy enough to fracture a skull. Most gaming consoles are just plastic and electronic wiring etc.

Could be wrong, though, and if LS was in a violent rage when she struck him, there might have been enough force involved to do the damage. My guess was more along the lines of a tool from the garage.

I think we already knew this about LS and confirmed by LE, that there's often a bit of truth in her fabrications.

I agree that GS was likely injured in the garage with a tool but it was no accident! I also think GS was most likely stabbed in his bed before he was shot-- not only because of his defensive wounds but because it appears to me that SM had now switched mental gears by attempting to muffle the sound of the gunshot.

I do think it possible the gunshot was post-mortem because LS was already thinking of disposal and potential recovery. LS was thinking of how only a very bad alleged associate of AS (another fabrication) would be suspected of shooting a child in the head. LS did not believe she would ever be suspected of this. MOO

When LE first responded and were searching the house, she is babbling about a box cutter.
This is from the Officer’s body worn camera.

https://twitter.com/spencer_wnews/status/1436016611610202115?s=21

He looks under a bed. There’s two beds and a blue nightstand.

Nerfgun behind one of the beds.

He leaves the room.

And #LeteciaStauch brings him back in to talk about a box cutter, says Gannon dropped a candle last night. She’s trying to explain why there was a box cutter and says she covered up the candle with carpet, pulling it back to show.

ETA I don’t mean this to address the blunt force trauma, just remembered it when you mentioned tool from the garage. Maybe it was the sharp instrument? You know how she explains thing that no one has asked about.

Yup -- over-explains.

Just like her interviews....

I'm doubtful a Switch would be heavy enough to fracture a skull. Most gaming consoles are just plastic and electronic wiring etc.

Could be wrong, though, and if LS was in a violent rage when she struck him, there might have been enough force involved to do the damage. My guess was more along the lines of a tool from the garage.
I always thought it was the board that she hit him with
Jmo
ETA - switched to hit as I was insensitive in my prior description

Last edited:
I think we already knew this about LS and confirmed by LE, that there's often a bit of truth in her fabrications.

I agree that GS was likely injured in the garage with a tool but it was no accident! I also think GS was most likely stabbed in his bed before he was shot-- not only because of his defensive wounds but because it appears to me that SM had now switched mental gears by attempting to muffle the sound of the gunshot.

I do think it possible the gunshot was post-mortem because LS was already thinking of disposal and potential recovery. LS was thinking of how only a very bad alleged associate of AS (another fabrication) would be suspected of shooting a child in the head. LS did not believe she would ever be suspected of this. MOO
I agree something happened in the garage that caused blood. Remember her statement to KDVR ?

Gannon Stauch's stepmother releases statement about boy's disappearance
Saturday Night, G was helping me unload in the garage and cut his foot because there are a lot of tools because Albert does woodworking.

He sat on the edge of the car and we bandaged it up. He was good to go. He always loves helping his dad in the garage build things like his LEGO tables and the flower pot they built for me as a gift. After this, I noticed G kept going to the side of the house.

I also think the gunshot was post mortem. She mentioned a gun in her interview with LE when she said Eguardo held a gun to G’s head and kidnapped him ( after asking for a suitcase). Another wild story she told AS ( on a recorded phone call ) was that she and G were up in Douglas County and G was riding a bike and fell and hit his head. ( trying to explain head injury in case body was found ? ). Trying to cover all the bases imo.

Setting the decision for preliminary hearing out for September 23rd 9AM. Whoops! Sorry guys, not tomorrow, it will be a few weeks. Judge says "I took a lot of notes, i have pages of notes. I have to make the findings on the evidence presented."

"I know you want me to make a decision now, but I want to make sure I get it right. I'm sure you want that too." "I didn't know a lot of what they said today, it's new info. I need time to do what I need to do whatever that may be."

"That resolves all outstanding issues for today, anything else?"
@4thJudicialDA
says "Obvi we have people coming in from out of state, can you make a private WebEx? They can't keep flying out here." Judge "Technically yes, legally it might get tricky."

"Might not comply with public asses to information, says he is bound by it. "Only exception was during COVID, just don't know right now if I can legally say yes."

https://twitter.com/Spencer_WNews
BBM
Well, that kind of ticks me off.

Poor Gannons parent's and family members/supporters have to fly in each time instead of being able to WebEx it, so they will need to be there in person to support their abused, deceased young son and hope for justice.
YET the SUSPECT is NOT required to appear in court at all.
SMH

I agree something happened in the garage that caused blood. Remember her statement to KDVR ?

Saturday Night, G was helping me unload in the garage and cut his foot because there are a lot of tools because Albert does woodworking.

He sat on the edge of the car and we bandaged it up. He was good to go. He always loves helping his dad in the garage build things like his LEGO tables and the flower pot they built for me as a gift. After this, I noticed G kept going to the side of the house.

I also think the gunshot was post mortem. She mentioned a gun in her interview with LE when she said Eguardo held a gun to G’s head and kidnapped him ( after asking for a suitcase). Another wild story she told AS ( on a recorded phone call ) was that she and G were up in Douglas County and G was riding a bike and fell and hit his head. ( trying to explain head injury in case body was found ? ). Trying to cover all the bases imo.

Yes -- thanks @Cindizzi for the reminder about GS sitting on the car bumper to bandage his foot. LS was afraid that she left blood on the bumper getting the suitcase inside. (I wonder if she used the particle board as a ramp to get the suitcase inside the cargo area? It's about the right size).

Mentioning GS going to the side of the house-- probably trying to explain the excess number of entry/exits recorded by the home monitor. MOO

That audio recording was so hard to listen to. I couldn't get it out of my mind for days. It must have been unbearable for his parents, if they heard that.

You aren’t the only one. I had a physical reaction when I heard it that almost dropped me to my knees. I know it sounds melodramatic but I am not kidding.

Or say,a softball bat?. Maybe a bat that you might try to trade in at a sporting goods store the next day on your extensive travels?

BBM

Poor Gannons parent's and family members/supporters have to fly in each time instead of being able to WebEx it, so they will need to be there in person to support their abused, deceased young son and hope for justice.
SMH
That really chapped my hide to hear that, too! I understand the Judge wanting to use an abundance of caution, but how can he deny the MOTHER of the victim? The Judge in the Morphew case allowed her siblings to attend his Preliminary hearing via WebEx since they live in other states. It’s only right.

BBM

SMH

Seems to me that 4th District Judge Werner needs to consult with the 11th District Judge Murphy!

It's possible for WebEx to limit access to only the victim's immediate family with advanced knowledge of their email and assign each a private password.

I believe that would solve his dilemma and remain compliant with Colorado's no streaming any criminal court hearing except for advisements and arraignments.

MOO

Seems to me that 4th District Judge Werner needs to consult with the 11th District Judge Murphy!

It's possible for WebEx to limit access to only the victim's immediate family with advanced knowledge of their email and assign each a private password.

I believe that would solve his dilemma and remain compliant with Colorado's no streaming any criminal court hearing except for advisements and arraignments.

MOO
ITA. He actually said this:

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1436085480899035136?s=21
DA Allen asked if they could listen in to the hearing like a conference call. The judge said no because he worries about people recording the call.

ITA. He actually said this:

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1436085480899035136?s=21
DA Allen asked if they could listen in to the hearing like a conference call. The judge said no because he worries about people recording the call.

Seriously? Is Judge Werner fearful that he might be forced to hold a pre-approved family member in contempt of court (i.e., illegally recording the hearing) and lose his seat in the next election? :rolleyes:

What's his number?!!

Idk. It seemed like I seen something in that video nobody else seen...MOO, he couldn't walk on his own. My impression only, she was half-carrying him and forcing him to walk...

If you're referring to GS walking to the truck to leave for "errands," I recall him walking slowly and his body language saying he did not want to go anywhere with LS but not that LS was carrying him or that he was not walking under his own power. JMO.

I’d like to see Tee in General Population.

Child Murderers don’t do well in prison. It is only fitting that this monster live the rest of her life in fear of what may happen to her and when.

She deserves to suffer for the rest of her life.

MOO

Except that she is a monster. People in General Population should not have to lay eyes on her. For them, prison is justice enough. We do not endorse cruel and unusual punishment, which it would be if that woman was among them.

The blood in the garage was found below the area where the rear hatch of the VW had been parked, and also on the rear bumper. That, as well as the trail of blood from Gannon's room to the garage, points to the body being dragged through the house, into the garage and loaded into the back of the car. She probably backed up the car further to cover the bloodstain so it wouldn't be seen.

I think she made up the story about Gannon hurting himself. She needed to provide an explanation for why the blood was found near and on the car.

I'm not sure I believe the candle wax story either. Wax doesn't destroy carpeting. The carpet may have had too much blood on it to clean so she cut it out and got rid of it.

If you're referring to GS walking to the truck to leave for "errands," I recall him walking slowly and his body language saying he did not want to go anywhere with LS but not that LS was carrying him or that he was not walking under his own power. JMO.
I know...but, that's not what I seen in the very first video (before edited, imo) respectfully jmo

Yes. He walked on his own but he didn't appear to be comfortable. I definitely don't think he wanted to go unless he was trusting her to be taking him to the Dr.
I've always thought she had inflicted harm to him prior to getting in the truck and finished him off when they got home. Poor Gannon. I think he really suffered.
:(:mad::(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member