Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
The discussion of a conference call was after WebEx was mentioned, I believe. I think Allen suggested it as an alternative once the judge expressed some reservations about the legality in Colorado of using WebEx for that purpose.

I do think something should be worked out for east coast relatives. At the same time, I can easy imagine a victim's family (not THIS victim's family in particular) publicizing something they thought was unjust. (Unjust at the time or viewed as unjust later in another context.) And the optics of having to cite them for contempt of court would not be good. But ignoring a deliberate breach would be bad too. So any judge would want to avoid the slightest possibility of that happening.
JMO

There must be something they can do. If it were me I would reach out to the D.A's office in South Carolina and ask if they could arrange a webex or even a conference call in a private room at their offices,surely its not so hard to do the right thing and it all be legal and remain confidential?

Why Florida? By which I mean - why not somewhere between CO and FL? She had a plausible reason to go to FL (the airline job, I think). Why drop the suitcase mere miles from her hotel?
I’ve wondered why Florida too? Was it for the gators?? It’s totally disgusting what she did to that little boy and evil!! She didn’t feel that way about his sister? Idk what he saw in her to begin with I feel so bad for him and Landon
Maybe. But transporting a body is such a risk…there have to be many, many rural areas between CO and FL where she could have pulled over.

As an aside, alligators do not feed in winter. This is worth a read! Florida man's death was blamed on alligators at first, but his mom’s determination led to the truth

I live in Florida and actually didn’t know that thanks for the read, I’ve always heard alligators will drown their victims then eat them later, sorry for the crude wording but remember the little boy at Disney they found him under the water…I know she was headed for SC but Florida is out of the way I guess only LS knows why

IIRC, LS and Landen played on the same softball team in a league. So they did know each other from that, I believe.

thanks for the info, did they work together as well? I thought maybe they were friends how she met AS

Why Florida? By which I mean - why not somewhere between CO and FL? She had a plausible reason to go to FL (the airline job, I think). Why drop the suitcase mere miles from her hotel?
I don’t think TS ever considered the close proximity to her hotel to be a problem because she felt she was outsmarting law enforcement at every turn. At that point, she had been concealing Gannon’s body for quite a while as they looked in all the wrong places. Florida was picked so she could say, “how preposterous! That’s all the way across the country from where I last saw Gannon! It clearly could NOT have been me!” She also fully expected that the suitcase would land in the water, never to be seen again. MOO.

thanks for the info, did they work together as well? I thought maybe they were friends how she met AS

I recall there being a lot of misinfo about the nature of the connection between them. Some sloppy media articles and rumors about them being former friends. I do believe the extent was playing on the same softball team.

As an aside, it strikes me as somewhat odd that there seems to be a desire here to insist HH was involved or somehow knew what her mother did & helped her cover it up. I don't follow anywhere but MSM so I'm not sure where that comes from. Learning she was with her mom on the trip to FL doesn't surprise me. I suspect they went over that bridge, got the motel, and LS went back by herself with Gannon in the suitcase and tossed him over the side.

jmo

There must be something they can do. If it were me I would reach out to the D.A's office in South Carolina and ask if they could arrange a webex or even a conference call in a private room at their offices,surely its not so hard to do the right thing and it all be legal and remain confidential?

That's a very interesting idea! I don't know though that the Attorney General of South Carolina would be the one to arrange that. But there should be some official way to accomplish it within the judicial/LE system. Same for LS's NC relatives. (As I said in an earlier post I think that would have to be done.)

I guess one big question I'd have though--- is there any concern about opening a door here? While I do have sympathy for GS's SC relatives, would this set precedent for other cases? Most people have out of town relatives after all. And if it doesn't set precedent, why not? What would be argument be? It can't be that GS's case has attracted more attention. Finally, would relatives expect a WebEx accommodation for the trial? Or parts of it? I doubt an out of town DA/judge/LE would be willing to continue helping out. I wonder if those questions concerned the judge given CO prohibition against televising/photographing trials. And COVID (as some people might prefer to avoid attending court in person if possible.)

JMO

I recall there being a lot of misinfo about the nature of the connection between them. Some sloppy media articles and rumors about them being former friends. I do believe the extent was playing on the same softball team.

As an aside, it strikes me as somewhat odd that there seems to be a desire here to insist HH was involved or somehow knew what her mother did & helped her cover it up. I don't follow anywhere but MSM so I'm not sure where that comes from. Learning she was with her mom on the trip to FL doesn't surprise me. I suspect they went over that bridge, got the motel, and LS went back by herself with Gannon in the suitcase and tossed him over the side.

jmo

jmo

There was a tweet yesterday attributed to the DA that the only two people involved/investigated were LS AND HH.

At that point we all took note with a collective intakes of breath. I’ll go back and look for it.

How do two bullets get lodged in a pillow? What was it made of? Kevlar? Is it possible they found two fragments in the pillow from a single shot fired? I have no idea if this is possible either. Would a pillow cause a bullet to fragment? I just don't see how a bullet (or two) would enter a pillow and not exit.

I’ve wondered why Florida too? Was it for the gators?? It’s totally disgusting what she did to that little boy and evil!! She didn’t feel that way about his sister? Idk what he saw in her to begin with I feel so bad for him and Landon
I think LS had a particular grudge against poor Gannon because he was older and was on to her lying and deception. He may have threatened to tell his dad on her at some point during that weekend and that started this entire event.

LS had either hurt Gannon on Sunday night so severely that she wasn't going to be able to Teesplain' everything away like she usually did.

Poor Gannon, no child should ever have to endure what he went through, and I honestly believe TS was abusing him prior to that fateful weekend. In a lot of his pictures his little eyes looked so sad, like the smile didn't quite reach them. I've seen that a lot in abused children photos. :(

MOO

How do two bullets get lodged in a pillow? What was it made of? Kevlar? Is it possible they found two fragments in the pillow from a single shot fired? I have no idea if this is possible either. Would a pillow cause a bullet to fragment? I just don't see how a bullet (or two) would enter a pillow and not exit.

How about this?….

Since the pillow and pillow case were going with Gannon anyway and all of that was going to be disposed of, I think she emptied any bullets left in the gun into the pillow case purposely to hide them.

Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense but I can see her brain working that way. Why she left the gun in the bedroom is beyond me other than the fact that she would have had to explain it’s absence at some point I guess.

Just goes to show that this whole event was not thought out very well, but then again that’s not surprising. Her brain seems to work on a whole other frequency, and not a frequency currently acknowledged.

I actually think she believed all her moves were brilliant and she would never get caught.

MOO

How about this?….

Since the pillow and pillow case were going with Gannon anyway and all of that was going to be disposed of, I think she emptied any bullets left in the gun into the pillow case purposely to hide them.

Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense but I can see her brain working that way. Why she left the gun in the bedroom is beyond me other than the fact that she would have had to explain it’s absence at some point I guess.

Just goes to show that this whole event was not thought out very well, but then again that’s not surprising. Her brain seems to work on a whole other frequency, and not a frequency currently acknowledged.

I actually think she believed all her moves were brilliant and she would never get caught.

MOO

Maybe so. But it does seem there would have been a distinction made between fired and unfired bullets. And it sounded like, maybe I'm wrong, that the two pillow bullets matched the gun from the dresser. If what matched were rifling marks (versus, "yes this ammo would fit in that gun"), the bullets would have had to have been fired. Also it sounded like the bullet in the body could not be matched to the gun, probably because it was mangled from entry. So by putting the other bullets in the suitcase, that provided the tie to the gun.

I guess the bullets could have been dug out of the mattress. Still, I wouldn't think a mattress would stop a bullet but I can believe a pillow and mattress would before I'd believe just a pillow could.
JMO

I think LS had a particular grudge against poor Gannon because he was older and was on to her lying and deception. He may have threatened to tell his dad on her at some point during that weekend and that started this entire event.

LS had either hurt Gannon on Sunday night so severely that she wasn't going to be able to Teesplain' everything away like she usually did.

Poor Gannon, no child should ever have to endure what he went through, and I honestly believe TS was abusing him prior to that fateful weekend. In a lot of his pictures his little eyes looked so sad, like the smile didn't quite reach them. I've seen that a lot in abused children photos. :(

MOO

do you think that video the next day that he was injured going to the petco or wherever they went?? I remember AS saying he knew then that she lied

MOO

I love the “teesplainin” btw!!

jmo

im not sure anybody has really said she’s involved my only thing is she lived in the house correct? I know that they had to see Gannon being picked on..her whole family seemed like they were thick as thieves..

He was abused and at that point I am crying! We failed him! Could we have saved him? I believe that in life in which community and eyes are involved in the raising of Children that those trained to spot abuse, trained to be the eyes on the children did not catch this feel we missed a clue! I am hopeful that you and I and others will stop this in its track and catch others before a young sonic has to die!

Flashback...
My elementary school principal, back in the 1970's, tried desperately to get five children removed from the custody of their very unfit mother. I will never forget how frustrated he was when the Judge ruled they should NOT be removed from their biological mother.
That decision was insane.

Miraculously none of those children died while under her "care." I will give credit to guardian angels for that miracle.

Fly high, angel Gannon, and help protect other young children who are dealt abusive parents.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member