The Fall Of Kabul To The Taliban #2

So sad that the maternity hospitals will lose the aid they receive, it must be difficult for women to be encouraged (or raped) into have so many children to feed. imo, speculation.
May 6 2021 rbbm.
Interview: In Afghanistan, Buying the Scalpel for Your Own Child’s Birth
''The announcement of a full withdrawal of US troops by September 11, 2021, made this research very timely. Along with the images of foreign flags being lowered and bases closing, Afghans hear a lot about casualties from the war. But what few people talk about is how many women are dying preventable deaths due to problems related to childbirth and how many babies are dying preventable deaths.

What we have seen over and over is that as troops draw down, so does aid. More than 75 percent of the Afghan government’s budget comes from foreign aid, which keeps schools and hospitals open. But because of declining assistance, many healthcare facilities have seen their budgets decrease every year.''

''When you show up at a government hospital and need care, either you or a family member usually has to go to a pharmacy to buy everything the hospital will need to treat you. Now, if someone is giving birth in a government hospital, for example, they typically have to buy the gloves, gauze, and serum needed for it. I saw people who had to buy the tubes that connect the port on their hand to an IV drip. And I was told repeatedly that if you need a cesarean section, you may have to buy the scalpel.''

Family planning: one Afghan woman's struggle to access contraception
''The average fertility rate in Afghanistan – 6.6 children per woman – is the highest in Asia and the second highest in the world. Frequent pregnancies, along with poor access to healthcare and inadequate nutrition, have also led to a very high maternal mortality rate. Currently 1,400 die for every 100,000 live births, the highest rate in the world.

Only 54% of the Afghan population live within an hour's walk of a health facility, according to figures from the Afghan health ministry. This lack of access is compounded by many other factors, such as a lack of qualified female medical staff, poverty and a lack of awareness.

Fariba is lucky because her family has agreed that she can use condoms and she hopes she can now stop having children.''

Last edited:
From Nick Miroff, Washington Post reporter via tweet:

"NEW: U.S. flagged 44 Afghan evacuees as potential national security risks over the past two weeks as tens of thousands arrived for resettlement, DHS vetting reports show"

https://twitter.com/NickMiroff/status/1436307833511981060

My question, as 9/11 anniversary looms ...
How many were missed, out of the tens of thousands?

Armed police arrest Afghan special forces commando at Manchester hotel, Sky News learns

"The pre-dawn raid is thought to have taken place on or around 31 August or 1 September and the individual is thought to be still in detention.

It is not clear why he was arrested or if he has been charged with a crime."

Armed police 'arrest Afghan special forces commando at Manchester hotel where he was quarantining' | Daily Mail Online

It raises questions about the quality of vetting of the roughly 8,000 Afghan refugees who were airlifted to the UK from Kabul after Joe Biden's rapid withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Last edited:

AFP News Agency
@AFP

20m

#BREAKING 32 more US citizens, permanent residents leave Afghanistan, the White House says

US: Afghan evacuee flights halted from two key bases

The U.S. has halted all U.S.-bound flights of Afghan evacuees from two main bases overseas for unspecified “health safety concerns,” a move U.S. officials warn will have a severe impact on the evacuation operation, according to a U.S. government document seen Friday by The Associated Press.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection made the decision on the recommendation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to halt the flights from U.S. bases in Germany and Qatar, according to the document.

We never did get the name or identity of the 'ISIS facilitator" that our U.S. Military claimed did we?

From Evan Hill, NYTimes reporter:

"The final act of the U.S. war in Afghanistan was a drone strike in Kabul that killed 10 people. Our latest investigation shows how a man the military saw as an "imminent threat" and "ISIS facilitator" was actually an aid worker returning to his family:"

https://twitter.com/evanhill/status/1436422176425578496

See this well explained video about their investigation at NYT also:

Video: ‘Imminent Threat’ or Aid Worker: Did a U.S. Drone Strike in Afghanistan Kill the Wrong Person?

They are making them get tested for Covid when they land I read. Not just saying see you later. Have a good day. Later...

Measles is highly contagious.

Measles is Highly Contagious Infographic | CDC

infographic-measles-contagious.png

I actually had the measles when I was about 5. So did my sisters and brothers. 6 of us. All 6 were vaccinated back then for childhood diseases and alive still. One is pushing 80.

About 1 in 4 individuals will be hospitalized and 1–2 in 1000 will die. Complications are more likely in children under age 5 and adults over age 20. Pneumonia is the most common fatal complication of measles infection and accounts for 56-86% of measles-related deaths.

Measles - Wikipedia

Still waiting on a factual number of Americans evacuated. Not an estimate or a round number.

Still waiting on a factual number of those U.S. citizens still stuck in Afghanistan, ( hostages).

I noticed today, per a tweet..that the U.S. now considers the taliban " business-like" and professional. Oh really?

Steve Holland
@steveholland1

WH says of flight carrying evacuees from Kabul airport that "The Taliban have been cooperative," have "shown flexibility, and they have been businesslike and professional in our dealings with them in this effort. This is a positive first step."
12:38 PM · Sep 9, 2021·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/steveholland1/status/1436021288179482628

How much $$ was paid to the flexible, professional and business like taliban, for these evacuees I wonder?
Disgusting. Follow the money?

US drone strike in Kabul actually killed an AID WORKER and seven children | Daily Mail Online

• Shocking report reveals apparent botched drone strike killed Afghan aid worker
  • The August 29 strike at a home near the Kabul airport killed 10, including 7 kids
  • Pentagon claimed the vehicle was 'known to be an imminent ISIS-K threat'
  • But driver Zemari Ahmadi, 43, was an aid worker seeking asylum in the US
  • Surveillance video shows him loading the trunk with water jugs, not explosives
  • Witnesses say he spent the day running normal errands for a US-based aid group
  • Pentagon claimed his movements were suspicious and tied him to ISIS-K
  • DoD tells DailyMail.com: 'We still believe that it prevented an imminent threat'

US drone strike in Kabul actually killed an AID WORKER and seven children | Daily Mail Online

• Shocking report reveals apparent botched drone strike killed Afghan aid worker
  • The August 29 strike at a home near the Kabul airport killed 10, including 7 kids
  • Pentagon claimed the vehicle was 'known to be an imminent ISIS-K threat'
  • But driver Zemari Ahmadi, 43, was an aid worker seeking asylum in the US
  • Surveillance video shows him loading the trunk with water jugs, not explosives
  • Witnesses say he spent the day running normal errands for a US-based aid group
  • Pentagon claimed his movements were suspicious and tied him to ISIS-K
  • DoD tells DailyMail.com: 'We still believe that it prevented an imminent threat'
No accountability for killing an innocent Afghan and his family at all.

Afghanistan: Pen Farthing 'so happy' as rescue workers escape
''Former Royal Marine Paul "Pen" Farthing said the campaign to evacuate workers at his animal shelter from Afghanistan has been "a complete success".

Last month, Mr Farthing was forced to leave behind 68 staff and family members when he and some 150 animals were evacuated from Kabul.

The staff are now in Pakistan in the care in the British High Commission.

Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said they would be brought to the UK in the coming days.''

I've been looking out of my window all evening at the 9/11 beams of light, where the WTC towers once stood.
This is the first time in all the years since that the Taliban is back in charge of Afghanistan, and I look at the blue light beams and wonder why we have gone backwards.
The Daily Mail has an article today about an Afghan army soldier who was beheaded by a group of Taliban, who were singing as they did it and then swung his head around by the hair. I can't link it but it's entitled "Taliban 2.0."
In NYC it's after midnight. My granddaughter is here and is turning 17 today, now that it's the 12th. We watched some 9/11 documentaries and gazed at the beams of light. It's all history to her and she wanted to know all the details, then we discussed al-Qaida, and I just simply can't believe that we've reversed course, back to three years before she was born.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back