NY NY - Brooklyn Brdg, BlkFem 15-35 (30-50), UP83746, piercings, ARJK/ARIK, KYRON, & leaf tatts, Aug'21

ChloeA13

Reaction score
I came across a NamUs case that broke my heart and confused me as a native New Yorker.

"A passing driver recorded cellphone video of the woman walking alongside a Manhattan-bound lane of traffic on the iconic bridge before she jumped about 9 p.m. Aug. 18. She landed on the ground by a bridge pillar and died at the scene, cops said."

This is a case that is very off-putting as I know someone can identify her, she has initials of someone on her arm.
I automatically thought to put all of our heads together in hopes of finding some clues. Someone took a very blurry video of her, again making it hard to identify her, even from the little details.

"She is described as Black, about 30, 5-foot-2 and 105 pounds with brown eyes and brown hair. She had an eyebrow ring on her left eyebrow, a tattoo with unknown lettering on her left hand and a tattoo with the letters “ARJK” on her left arm."

Please let me know if you notice anything or have any ideas. She must have family, friends, loved ones. Thank you.

QPBPSZRS4RGADDBTGFCNXR5DAY.jpg

WARNING - PM PHOTOS AT LINK
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
BBM

The NamUs profile has PM photos of Jane Doe along w/ pics of her tattoos. There seems to be a discrepancy in the clothing description compared to the MSM report linked above.

Finger and toe nails - Chipped hot pink nail polish on fingernails

Piercing - Pink metal piercing on left eyebrow. Hole for a piercing on center of chin, but no jewelry in place

Tattoo:
Left upper arm: "ARJK" or "ARIK"
Back of left hand: "KYRON" with hearts
Top of left foot: a leaf

Clothing - Black leggings T-shirt - On the Body

Another native New Yorker here. This is a confusing one for me, I have so many questions.

The change in pants color is very strange. She is very obviously wearing light-colored, colorful pants in the video. Could this be a different person? A strange coincidence? Even though it is illegal, people walk across the Brooklyn bridge in the car lanes all the time, how do the police know that this video is related to the victim at all? Could her pants have been changed by medical staff, since it states that she passed away at the hospital? Or was it that her pants were cut off of her and she was left with the black leggings she wore underneath?

Her tattoos, although strange-sounding, are most likely just people's names. "Arik is a name of several origins. It is a Russian short form of e.g. Erich or Eric, a short form of the Germanic name Alberich and a variant of the Hebrew name Ariel or Arieh."
(Source: Arik) Kyron is a Celtic name meaning "little dark-haired one." And the "leaf" is just a marijuana leaf, I assume.

P.S. Does anyone know where I can see the cellphone video? I want to try and see where on the bridge she actually was (was she on the Manhattan or Brooklyn Side).

Edit: Found the video in case anyone is interested:

Last edited:
Another native New Yorker here. This is a confusing one for me, I have so many questions.

The change in pants color is very strange. She is very obviously wearing light-colored, colorful pants in the video. Could this be a different person? A strange coincidence? Even though it is illegal, people walk across the Brooklyn bridge in the car lanes all the time, how do the police know that this video is related to the victim at all? Could her pants have been changed by medical staff, since it states that she passed away at the hospital? Or was it that her pants were cut off of her and she was left with the black leggings she wore underneath?

Her tattoos, although strange-sounding, are most likely just people's names. "Arik is a name of several origins. It is a Russian short form of e.g. Erich or Eric, a short form of the Germanic name Alberich and a variant of the Hebrew name Ariel or Arieh."
(Source: Arik) Kyron is a Celtic name meaning "little dark-haired one." And the "leaf" is just a marijuana leaf, I assume.

P.S. Does anyone know where I can see the cellphone video? I want to try and see where on the bridge she actually was (was she on the Manhattan or Brooklyn Side).

Edit: Found the video in case anyone is interested:

I am also confused about the pants. The whole situation is mysterious. From the very little, vague articles I have read regarding her death, they seem to ID the same woman in the video to the Jane Doe who leapt. There is not much press surrounding this, which is even more upsetting, especially because she looks to be very young. The tattoos "Arik" and "Kyron" may be linked to her spouse, children family members.
They have to be searching for her..I've been checking NamUs Missing Persons in the city everyday to see if they have any similar IDs.

EDIT:
I found this post which seems to have some interesting tips that I am going to look into. Someone suggested it may spell "Kira" and not "Arik". I think that is an interesting theory.

Last edited:
I am also confused about the pants. The whole situation is mysterious. From the very little, vague articles I have read regarding her death, they seem to ID the same woman in the video to the Jane Doe who leapt. There is not much press surrounding this, which is even more upsetting, especially because she looks to be very young. The tattoos "Arik" and "Kyron" may be linked to her spouse, children family members.
They have to be searching for her..I've been checking NamUs Missing Persons in the city everyday to see if they have any similar IDs.

EDIT:
I found this post which seems to have some interesting tips that I am going to look into. Someone suggested it may spell "Kira" and not "Arik". I think that is an interesting theory.
Unfortunately, with so much mental illness/drug abuse/homeless people in the city, this kind of thing goes unnoticed by the press far too often.

"Kira" is interesting (and it would certainly make more sense for a name), I just think it doesn't make any sense to write the name backward like that. Unless they flipped and mirrored the image so it looks backwards, it wouldn't make much sense. MOO

Last edited:
I've seen Arik as an alternate spelling for Erik.

A little googling tells me it can also be a nickname for the Hebrew name Ariel (the late Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon's nickname was Arik). There's a Nigerian airline named Arik Air. It can be a Turkish surname.

I turned up a lot of people in NYC with the first name Arik. None of them looked particularly interesting.

The way it's written in all caps makes me wonder if it's an abbreviation for some phrase that had some meaning for her. Can't think of what it might be though.

I've seen Arik as an alternate spelling for Erik.

A little googling tells me it can also be a nickname for the Hebrew name Ariel (the late Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon's nickname was Arik). There's a Nigerian airline named Arik Air. It can be a Turkish surname.

I turned up a lot of people in NYC with the first name Arik. None of them looked particularly interesting.

The way it's written in all caps makes me wonder if it's an abbreviation for some phrase that had some meaning for her. Can't think of what it might be though.

Completely agreed! Could be either or, just thought it was an interesting comment that could lead to more ideas. But definitely might be an abbreviation/name.

I came across a NamUs case that broke my heart and confused me as a native New Yorker.

"A passing driver recorded cellphone video of the woman walking alongside a Manhattan-bound lane of traffic on the iconic bridge before she jumped about 9 p.m. Aug. 18. She landed on the ground by a bridge pillar and died at the scene, cops said."

This is a case that is very off-putting as I know someone can identify her, she has initials of someone on her arm.
I automatically thought to put all of our heads together in hopes of finding some clues. Someone took a very blurry video of her, again making it hard to identify her, even from the little details.

"She is described as Black, about 30, 5-foot-2 and 105 pounds with brown eyes and brown hair. She had an eyebrow ring on her left eyebrow, a tattoo with unknown lettering on her left hand and a tattoo with the letters “ARJK” on her left arm."

Please let me know if you notice anything or have any ideas. She must have family, friends, loved ones. Thank you.

What if Arik was a first or last name? I did a white pages search and found a few people with that last name in and around NY.Also, imo people don't get a decent looking tattoo then get a very low quality tattoo very often. So I would bet Kyron and the leaf were her first because they also look a lot older. I think Kyron is either a child or first love because it has a heart. The leaf seems like the oldest one but I doubt it's gonna help too much unless you can do an inmate or booking tattoo search for them. The newer one isn't as playful looking so imo it's either a last name and something like a property label. There's tell tell signs also imo of possible drug problems from her postmortem and tattoo pictures and I'm sure they ran her finger prints so I'm shocked they found nothing about her. Unless she is from somewhere else and they didn't do a nationwide search. Where did she come from? She was on foot and suicidal so I think she must have had reason to be around there at the time. I've seen a video of her walking so has anyone tried to backtrack her directions by using time of death surely more cameras in that area that could show about where she came from. Seems like a long shot but police could ask the public in that area to check their cameras between certain times. She had to have started walking from somewhere. Sadly I doubt too many people are gonna come forward with info if there's no reward money.

What if Arik was a first or last name? I did a white pages search and found a few people with that last name in and around NY.Also, imo people don't get a decent looking tattoo then get a very low quality tattoo very often. So I would bet Kyron and the leaf were her first because they also look a lot older. I think Kyron is either a child or first love because it has a heart. The leaf seems like the oldest one but I doubt it's gonna help too much unless you can do an inmate or booking tattoo search for them. The newer one isn't as playful looking so imo it's either a last name and something like a property label. There's tell tell signs also imo of possible drug problems from her postmortem and tattoo pictures and I'm sure they ran her finger prints so I'm shocked they found nothing about her. Unless she is from somewhere else and they didn't do a nationwide search. Where did she come from? She was on foot and suicidal so I think she must have had reason to be around there at the time. I've seen a video of her walking so has anyone tried to backtrack her directions by using time of death surely more cameras in that area that could show about where she came from. Seems like a long shot but police could ask the public in that area to check their cameras between certain times. She had to have started walking from somewhere. Sadly I doubt too many people are gonna come forward with info if there's no reward money.
She could be from anywhere. Trying to locate who the tattoos are referencing could be impossible. Tracking where she came from locally would be the next logical step IMO. I can tell that since she is walking with traffic she was coming from Brooklyn, walking towards Manhattan. In NYC there are cameras EVERYWHERE, especially on bridges and in tunnels. I would be surprised if the police weren't checking those sources.

I also noticed that she has some grey hairs, which to me indicates edging closer to the older side of her stated age (15-35), or advanced aging from drug use/mental illness. Could even be older than 35 IMO

Edit: Found this interesting website: NYCDOT - Real Time Traffic Information. If you zoom into the Brooklyn bridge you can see just how many cameras there are everywhere in that area(and these are just the traffic cameras).
I wish there was a way to watch archived footage, but I'm sure that's not available to the public.

Edit Edit: You can request an archive request from here: StreetWatch.live and click on archive request.

Last edited:
She could be from anywhere. Trying to locate who the tattoos are referencing could be impossible. Tracking where she came from locally would be the next logical step IMO. I can tell that since she is walking with traffic she was coming from Brooklyn, walking towards Manhattan. In NYC there are cameras EVERYWHERE, especially on bridges and in tunnels. I would be surprised if the police weren't checking those sources.

I also noticed that she has some grey hairs, which to me indicates edging closer to the older side of her stated age (15-35), or advanced aging from drug use/mental illness. Could even be older than 35 IMO

Edit: Found this interesting website: NYCDOT - Real Time Traffic Information. If you zoom into the Brooklyn bridge you can see just how many cameras there are everywhere in that area(and these are just the traffic cameras).
I wish there was a way to watch archived footage, but I'm sure that's not available to the public.

Edit Edit: You can request an archive request from here: StreetWatch.live and click on archive request.

Great idea to check Traffic cams, as you said, there are at least 20 cameras on the Brooklyn Bridge that are archived on StreetWatch.

I just requested footage from them for BB-44 North Rdway @ 350 Ft West of Bklyn Tower. I suggest others request other angles of the bridge that they may have ideas about as this is just one that I assumed she would have passed/been at during this event. It is on the beginning of the Manhattan bound side of the bridge (they said she was on that side here) However, there are so many cameras and angles, hoping that this archive gets us some information. Thank you for your suggestions.

Last edited:
Great idea to check Traffic cams, as you said, there are at least 20 cameras on the Brooklyn Bridge that are archived on StreetWatch.

I just requested footage from them for BB-44 North Rdway @ 350 Ft West of Bklyn Tower. I suggest others request other angles of the bridge that they may have ideas about as this is just one that I assumed she would have passed/been at during this event. It is on the beginning of the Manhattan-bound side of the bridge (they said she was on that side here) However, there are so many cameras and angles, hoping that this archive gets us some information. Thank you for your suggestions.
Awesome. I am going to do that same, but I'm not sure about which camera to look at since I want to try and see where she is coming from. It looks like the camera at Washington and Prospect street would be a good bet, but the angle is not the best.

If I were someone trying to get onto the bridge where she was I would get on right here: Google Maps. All you would need to do is walk up the grass embankment, hop over the small wall, and that's the exact lane she was in.

I'm still stuck on the pants though, and whether they are the same people. Even the shirt they say is a "t-shirt" and it looks like the woman in the video has on a tank top or even connected to the bottoms as a jumpsuit kind of thing. Maybe this is a common this that happens with the coroner not being descriptive enough or something, but it bugs me.

Awesome. I am going to do that same, but I'm not sure about which camera to look at since I want to try and see where she is coming from. It looks like the camera at Washington and Prospect street would be a good bet, but the angle is not the best.

If I were someone trying to get onto the bridge where she was I would get on right here: Google Maps. All you would need to do is walk up the grass embankment, hop over the small wall, and that's the exact lane she was in.

I'm still stuck on the pants though, and whether they are the same people. Even the shirt they say is a "t-shirt" and it looks like the woman in the video has on a tank top or even connected to the bottoms as a jumpsuit kind of thing. Maybe this is a common this that happens with the coroner not being descriptive enough or something, but it bugs me.

Definitely a good thought about requesting near Washington and Prospect. It makes a lot of sense that she would climb up that grassy patch. I think anywhere near the entrance of the bridge would be a good spot to request, unfortunately there is no real area that they describe her jump from, besides towards Manhattan.

Also so true about her clothing. Feeling confused about the fact that she is clearly wearing floral(?) sweats and sweater and suddenly is wearing a t-shirt and leggings in her PM description.

I suppose at the hospital, they could've taken the sweatsuit off and she could've been wearing this underneath. However, it makes things even more misleading on account of the already puzzling timeline.

Update: StreetWatch has emailed me back very quickly (surprisingly for New York, lol) and asked my intentions with the footage.
I believe it is standard protocol, but if they do the same for anyone else, it is a pretty easy explanation for one to understand that we are all working together to find someones loved ones some closure or answers.

Just wanted to let you guys know what to expect! Thank you friends. xx

This may be a shot in the dark, but I’m wondering if the reason she hasn’t been identified is because her loved ones don’t know she is missing? She could have left a mental health institution or a rehab and the family still thinks she’s there? If she left somewhere, it would make sense that she was wearing more casual clothes without anything to keep her warm.

edit to include: doing a quick google search, there are three addiction treatment centres within walking distance to the bridge.

Update: StreetWatch has emailed me back very quickly (surprisingly for New York, lol) and asked my intentions with the footage.
I believe it is standard protocol, but if they do the same for anyone else, it is a pretty easy explanation for one to understand that we are all working together to find someones loved ones some closure or answers.

Just wanted to let you guys know what to expect! Thank you friends. xx
Have they replied back to you yet? I'm curious if they will send over the video since they are mainly used for traffic incidents. If they do I am definitely sending in a request.

Have they replied back to you yet? I'm curious if they will send over the video since they are mainly used for traffic incidents. If they do I am definitely sending in a request.

They haven't, just wrote them back answering their questions. I'd hope they are open minded and understanding about the situation..hopefully tomorrow morning I'll hear back and keep everyone posted!

This may be a shot in the dark, but I’m wondering if the reason she hasn’t been identified is because her loved ones don’t know she is missing? She could have left a mental health institution or a rehab and the family still thinks she’s there? If she left somewhere, it would make sense that she was wearing more casual clothes without anything to keep her warm.

edit to include: doing a quick google search, there are three addiction treatment centres within walking distance to the bridge.

I live relatively close to BK, I wouldn't mind calling into those rehabilitation centers and asking if they recognize her. It would make some sense if she is unidentifiable by the community. There is Phoenix House, and also Kingsboro Psychiatric Hospital, which has a pretty horrid past of mistreatment/overmedication towards patients from what I have heard. It would be illegal for them to disclose this information to us because of HIPAA but it wouldn't unfortunately shock me either way if NYPD did or did not check hospitals to identify her. Again, I will ring some local addiction centers (not sure if HIPAA applies to them as well in the city?) but I will try to also share her sketch on my social media as I grew up with most friends living in the 5 boroughs, esp. Manhattan/Brooklyn, and am right in the middle of her predicted age range. Someone in the area must know who she is.

Also, a comment about her age appearance, I will say that she could be younger just because grays really can affect anyone at any age, ESPECIALLY due to underlying stress, health issues, certain medications (psychiatric included.), or genetics as well!
She also looks so young in her face which is why this case truly caught my eye originally, along with the circumstances. I thought, wow, she could easily be in my age group and have some mutual friends. Either way I am very grateful for everyone who is helping me out with this, it is a blessing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back