Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read they've dated for almost 2 years and were engaged. But the boyfriend lives in FL; Gabby in NY. I wonder how often they spent time together physically during this period, or whether it was a long-distance online relationship for the most part before this trip.

Woman missing on trip with boyfriend as mom fears texts were not sent by her

9/13/21

Petito's mom, Nicole Schmidt, last spoke to her daughter on the phone on August 25 when she was at Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.

Following the 22-year-old's sudden disappearance, Schmidt now fears the last text from Petito on August 30 might not have been sent by her.

She told Fox News: "I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not.

"I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

If the Youtube video I watched tells a story, those two were inseparable. They didn't even swing on a swing set without reaching out to hold each others hand. I doubt one would walk off on a hike without the other, so IMO, I doubt she got lost while hiking etc.

TIMELINE:
  • JULY 2: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie
  • AUG 24: Gabby was last seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
  • AUG 25: Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
  • AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
  • SEPT ?: Laundrie returns home to FL alone, retains an attorney & is uncooperative with investigation
  • SEPT 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Some more background:

Long Island woman Gabby Petito missing after cross-country trip with boyfriend (nypost.com)

JP (Gabby's father) moved from Long Island to Vero Beach, Florida, in June in part to be closer to his daughter, who had moved to the city of North Port in western Florida with her boyfriend about two years ago.

On June 17, Petito arrived in New York to attend her brother’s high school graduation and then left on her cross-country adventure, Schmidt said.

Last month, the couple arrived in Salt Lake City, Utah, but left amid heavy wildfire smoke, according to Fox News.

Petito was expected to visit a family friend in Portland, Oregon, around Halloween, Newsday said.

The last time that Petito’s mother saw her daughter in person was when she arrived in New York to attend her brother’s high school graduation.

Welcome to WS!

Since Gabby & Brian were engaged, I’d imagine the family knows him & knows his contact info. So maybe he is refusing to communicate with family. But when people lawyer up very early on in situations like these, it is generally public knowledge & deemed uncooperative.

Giving the BF/fiance the benefit of the doubt… They could have argued & she walked off/he drove off in anger. When she didn’t answer later, he was pissed & drove home. If something bad happened to her in the interim, he’ll be spending his life under suspicion. Jmo.

I agree, they could have had an argument and they separated in anger, but to then drive home over 2,000 miles before alerting someone to her being missing is something that needs explaining.

I've read they've dated for almost 2 years and were engaged. But the boyfriend lives in FL; Gabby in NY. I wonder how often they spent time together physically during this period, or whether it was a long-distance online relationship for the most part before this trip.
GP moved to FL two years ago to be closer to BL. She was last in NY in June for her brother's HS graduation.

I read she moved 2 years to be with him on the west coast and her dad moved to Florida on the east coast in June to be near her.

She was reported missing by her mother in New York.

TIMELINE:
  • JULY 2: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie
  • AUG 24: Gabby was last seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
  • AUG 25: Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
  • AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
  • SEPT ?: Laundrie returns home to FL alone, retains an attorney & is uncooperative with investigation
  • SEPT 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Here are a few things to add to the timeline, if you are interested.

"Joe moved from Long Island to Vero Beach, Florida, in June in part to be closer to his daughter, who had moved to the city of North Port in western Florida with her boyfriend about two years ago."

"On June 17, Petito arrived in New York to attend her brother’s high school graduation and then left on her cross-country adventure, Schmidt said."

Long Island woman Gabby Petito missing after cross-country trip with boyfriend

GP's mother stated that she last face-timed with her daughter when they were leaving the Tetons. That was the last visual by mom. She received a text a couple days later but mom can't confirm the text was actually sent from GP. By all accounts, GP went dark after that.
Yes, but Tetons to Yellowstone is a very short drive. So wondering how reporters can state for sure Gabby never made it out of Tetons. Pinpointing this will be critical to knowing where to search for Gabby. And could also lead people to be searching sections of Tetons when they should be looking elsewhere. Just saying…

Yes, but Tetons to Yellowstone is a very short drive. So wondering how reporters can state for sure Gabby never made it out of Tetons. Pinpointing this will be critical to knowing where to search for Gabby. And could also lead people to be searching sections of Tetons when they should be looking elsewhere. Just saying…
If I read correctly, her Mom wasn't sure if she made it out of Tetons or not.

I see the code "ATL" exists on a police call list so I think it must be different or a supplement to a missing person report.

Perhaps attempt to locate is where police try to make contact with the last known person GP was seen with and attempt to track her down, and/or leave a message with that person for GP to contact police or her mother.

I think GP's mom is probably going through the exercise with police on whether or not she's voluntarily missing. Sorry, I don't think this is going to end well. :(
Interesting....

I begin a trip in a week covering Grand Teton, Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. Instead of focusing on the mountains and wildlife, I suspect I’m going to be studying people, trying to spot this young lady. I’m praying for her to be found safe soon. But like many here, we’ve been around long enough and have seen enough of these cases, to know the odds aren’t good.

jmo

Hopefully, LE will release more information for areas to search soon. IF BL is not cooperating, that's a problem for LE to verify any information. They just opened the missing person case on Saturday evening in Suffolk County, NY.

If the Youtube video I watched tells a story, those two were inseparable. They didn't even swing on a swing set without reaching out to hold each others hand. I doubt one would walk off on a hike without the other, so IMO, I doubt she got lost while hiking etc.
I take all on Instagram with a grain of salt. Insta was built on beauty- pretty photos, pretty places, pretty life. No one gets followers, sponsors or ad dollars “keeping it real” imho. The relationship could have been a bumpy roller coaster disaster & that wouldn’t be posted to IG. Pretty sure the clues to the facts of their true life won’t found on Insta- but for the places they went, timeline & most important- the diminished frequency of posts. Again, jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa