Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the YouTube video. Wow. The whole thing was just odd. Very strange aura. I can’t think of a word to describe them…IMO they seem kind of disconnected. Like from reality. I understand that was probably the purpose of this trip, but it was just weird feeling. JMO

Watched the YouTube video. Wow. The whole thing was just odd. Very strange aura. I can’t think of a word to describe them…IMO they seem kind of disconnected. Like from reality. I understand that was probably the purpose of this trip, but it was just weird feeling. JMO

When I watched the video I also saw a disconnect, especially the last video. Idk spending that much time together in that confined of a space I would imagine they could get on each others nerves. JMO

'Downsizing out life to fit into this itty bitty van was the best decision we've ever made,' BF wrote on Instagram in early July.

I wonder if they sold their belongings to take this journey?
At age 23, I don't think they could have had much to liquidate. It appears they took a similar trip in GP's tiny car not so long ago before acquiring the 2012 van. IMO, I think it more likely that they lost their jobs due to COVID and were living off of extended government benefits with additional help from GP's parents. MOO

Gabby's mom regarding her last facetime communication with her daughter Aug. 25:
"She seemed okay to me at the time, other than I didn't know where the relationship was going with the boyfriend."

Dad ordered uber eats for the couple in Salt Lake City on August 21. Dad's last communication with Gabby.

Both "last communications" with parents are interesting. Could have been running out of money and arguing?
This is looking bad, real bad....
Gabby's mom regarding her last facetime communication with her daughter Aug. 25:
"She seemed okay to me at the time, other than I didn't know where the relationship was going with the boyfriend."

Dad ordered uber eats for the couple in Salt Lake City on August 21. Dad's last communication with Gabby.

Both "last communications" with parents are interesting. Could have been running out of money and arguing?
The Mom didn't know where the relationship was going with the boyfriend...
What an odd statement.
Haven't we been reading on MSM that they were engaged?

'Downsizing out life to fit into this itty bitty van was the best decision we've ever made,' BF wrote on Instagram in early July.

I wonder if they sold their belongings to take this journey?
I suppose it's possible she left in a huff or decided it wasn't working and struck out on her own, but it's strange she'd let her loved one go without contacting them ?
I do wonder what he's told investigators ?
The fiance hiring a lawyer was wise, but if she wanted to go on her own --one of them should have let her family know.
Not blaming either one; as there are so many unknowns with Gabby's going missing.

Hoping for good news soon !!

Her poor family. :(
Imo.

The part where she is making breakfast and talks about 'stealing' her boyfriends granola. And then he instantly appears and then gets a bit controlling. And the part at the end where he's talking about putting up his hammock and she's looking at him nervously like she's looking for approval. Bad feeling.

I suppose it's possible she left in a huff or decided it wasn't working and struck out on her own, but it's strange she'd let her loved one go without contacting them ?
I do wonder what he's told investigators ?
The fiance hiring a lawyer was wise, but if she wanted to go on her own --one of them should have let her family know.
Not blaming either one; as there are so many unknowns with Gabby's going missing.

Hoping for good news soon !!

Her poor family. :(
Imo.

Yes, it's absolutely possible that she stormed off after an argument hitched a ride with fellow campers that were heading towards Oregon. According to the mother, she had plans to visit there in October. But that doesn't explain the no contact to anyone in her family. I keep hoping she's just embarrassed and heartbroken, and will reach out soon.

The part where she is making breakfast and talks about 'stealing' her boyfriends granola. And then he instantly appears and then gets a bit controlling. And the part at the end where he's talking about putting up his hammock and she's looking at him nervously like she's looking for approval. Bad feeling.
Yes and many times she looks like she has been crying. Kind if out of it too. But then, why take videos? Strange. JMO

TIMELINE:
  • JULY 2: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie
  • AUG 24: Gabby was last seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
  • AUG 25: Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
  • AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
  • SEPT ?: Laundrie returns home to FL alone, retains an attorney & is uncooperative with investigation
  • SEPT 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM

add:

July 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks

July 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs

July 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park

July 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park

July 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks

July 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park

July 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in a tub at Mystic Hot Springs

July 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch

August 12: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park

August 13: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab, Utah

August 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah

August 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park

Van-lifer, 22, disappears after cross-country trip to Yellowstone with her fiancé | Daily Mail Online

I'm up.on the fence here!
I dont think he would have driven the van home if he harmed her
And getting a lawyer seems.smart!
To.me she was the dominaant.presence he the follower!
We shall.see!

I agree lawyering up is smart. But I do hope he's given some explanation to his "future inlaws," that LE has asked they remain quiet about.

It is not normal in any way shape or form for a young, engaged couple to embark on a cross country national parks tour and have one go radio silent; the other return home alone. So I can only assume he's given them some explanation.

When I watch that video I see a couple very much in love. Gabby looks blissfully happy imo.

Anyone find an article stating when the "van" was found or a specific date that the BF returned home?

What is an attempt to locate call?

"A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito.

Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities
All Points Bulletins (APB) are broadcast from the police when they don't know where a person is. Sometimes an APB is a Be On the Lookout (BOLO) and other times it is an Attempt to Locate (ATL). An ATL means the person is missing; whereas, a BOLO means the person is wanted in connection to a crime.

I agree, they could have had an argument and they separated in anger, but to then drive home over 2,000 miles before alerting someone to her being missing is something that needs explaining.
and refusing to cooperate and getting a lawyer does not bode well for this missing young woman IMO. It's very simple if there was a fight just say so - but to drive off and leave and not know where your fiance is ? not a good look

JMO
Fiancé of missing road-tripper 'hires lawyer & won't work with cops'

While Petito’s last post on Instagram was on August 25 — she was visiting the Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah, and captioned the photo “Happy Halloween” — Laundrie’s last post was shared on August 13. It was geotagged Moab, Utah, a place famous for its red rock geological structures.

As per the Daily Mail, Laundrie has since returned to his Florida home with the couple's 2012 Ford Transit van, which police said has since been recovered for further investigation. He has reportedly hired an attorney and refused to cooperate with investigators, according to her family.

Where is Gabby Petito? Brian Laundrie lawyers up to avoid queries on missing fiance

I agree lawyering up is smart. But I do hope he's given some explanation to his "future inlaws," that LE has asked they remain quiet about.

It is not normal in any way shape or form for a young, engaged couple to embark on a cross country national parks tour and have one go radio silent; the other return home alone. So I can only assume he's given them some explanation.

When I watch that video I see a couple very much in love. Gabby looks blissfully happy imo.

Anyone find an article stating when the "van" was found or a specific date that the BF returned home?

I tend to agree with this. The family and/or LE may think he's being uncooperative due to legal representation but it seems impossible that he's just offered zero explanation to anyone regarding her whereabouts.

I can't imagine anyone thinking they could return home from a long trip without their partner and not have to provide some reason for her apparent disappearance. If he wants to do that via an attorney, that's certainly his right but he's clearly going to have to say something at some point.

IMO

Questions from a newbie. How would her family know if he's cooperating or not? Would LE tell the family that and if so, is it usually something they'd want made public? To me it sounds like they're making a lot of things public that shouldn't be this early in an investigation. MOO

I can't blame Gabby's family. They are trying to find their daughter. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members