Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #100

Status
Not open for further replies.
64?? she looks 84?

An outspoken anti-vax conspiracy theorist has died of COVID-19 complications in Chicago, after QAnon believers spent weeks trying to bully the hospital into giving her the unproven drug ivermectin.

70c8fc80

Veronica Wolski, 64, died early Monday of pneumonia related to COVID-19, the Amita Resurrection Medical Center told Forbes.

Anti-vax activist dies of COVID-19 amid QAnon demands for ivermectin - National | Globalnews.ca

Please, if not for yourself, do it for your children. They are not just statistics. Kali was four years old.

Kali Cook, Galveston County's youngest COVID fatality, was 'beautiful', mother says

Harwood said she wasn’t vaccinated. “I was one of the people that was anti, I was against it,” she said. “Now, I wish I never was.”

Edited to add: In the latest outbreak in NZ, one of those confirmed was a one month old infant. Children under 12 can't get vaccinated yet. So we have to be extra responsible and help break the transmission chains by being vaccinated ourselves.

She needs some 'less than lethal' pepper spray, just in case.

Australian man beats a policewoman who told him to move on while enforcing Sydney's lockdown | Daily Mail Online

"This is the moment an Australia man brutally beat a female police officer in Sydney while she was enforcing the city's strict lockdown rules.

The man launched his attack in the suburb of Bankstown around midday Monday after the officers saw him standing in the street and asked him to move along.

Video shows one officer being repeatedly kicked and punched while her colleague calls for help having been kicked in the chest and punched moments earlier - suffering 'cuts and bruises'.

Police said a 43-year-old man was later arrested on suspicion of assault and breaking lockdown, before he allegedly attacked a third male officer at the station. All three cops went to hospital for treatment.

Sydney is now entering its 12th week under draconian lockdown rules which ban people from leaving home without a 'reasonable excuse' and mean they cannot loiter in public places to combat an outbreak of the Delta Covid variant.

The tough measures were designed to eliminate all cases as part of a so-called 'zero Covid' strategy, but state leaders have been forced to abandon that approach after infections proved all-but impossible to eradicate."

I know some people here, in Australia are calling it a jab. I've always called them a "shot"

I wonder if there is some reason behind not calling it a "shot" anymore. Until the last month or so, I'de never heard it referred to as a "jab"

Apparently, the new word for immunization is a jab. My just turned 12 y/o grandchild wants to get the Covid-19 immunization however, the word jab is somewhat off-putting to him.

I know some people here, in Australia are calling it a jab. I've always called them a "shot"

I wonder if there is some reason behind not calling it a "shot" anymore. Until the last month or so, I'de never heard it referred to as a "jab"

That might be a British thing. I've been reading British online newspapers since 2010 and they usually refer to any vaccination as "the Jab".

Seems very odd that Congress, who by definition are hired to work for the American people, are not required to get a vaccine.
Reminds me of when Congress was exempt from Obamacare and the tax penalty for not having acquired Obamacare.
Exactly. Another head scratcher. Another reason why millions will remain jab free.

Exactly. Another head scratcher. Another reason why millions will remain jab free.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for getting the vaccine shot or "jab".
But, I just don't understand all the mixed messages that are going around.

For instance, the extremely rich and famous O's can have a birthday party with hundreds of people on Martha's Vineyard. But, god forbid your neighbor has one.

It's such a conundrum trying to understand...
I miss the old simple days when facts were facts, and fiction was a good read.

Last edited:

I first heard the "jab" here from our HKPhooey. I thought, hmm..how cool. English is not my first language, so learning how English is spoken slightly differently by British, Aussies, Kiwis fascinates me. It's a "shot" in the US almost always..

That might be a British thing. I've been reading British online newspapers since 2010 and they usually refer to any vaccination as "the Jab".

Yes. I think it is British also. My family has British heritage (as many Aussies do), and we interchange 'jab' and 'shot' and 'vaccination' without a thought.

In Australia, it is technically an 'inoculation'. Not that I ever hear any everyday person call it that.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for getting the vaccine shot or "jab".
But, I just don't understand all the mixed messages that are going around.

For instance, the extremely rich and famous O's can have a birthday party with hundreds of people on Martha's Vineyard. But, god forbid your neighbor has one.

It's such a conundrum trying to understand...
I miss the old simple days when facts were facts, and fiction was a good read.
Everybody who attended Obama's party was vaccinated and had a covid test.
Does your neighbor do the same?

Thousands of LAPD Employees May Ask For Religious Exemption From Vaccine Mandate

More than 2,000 Los Angeles Police Department employees have indicated they may request exemptions from the City’s new vaccine mandate, claiming their religious beliefs would prevent them from receiving any of the COVID-19 shots, according to multiple senior officials familiar with the City’s effort to vaccinate its workforce.

Approximately 2,300 LAPD employees, which include both officers and support staff, had made the preliminary request on a City website by the end of last week.
According to the early data, about 300 additional LAPD employees said they may request medical exemptions from the mandate, and when combined, the exemption indications represent about 20 percent of the LAPD’s staff, more than at any other City department, where exemption requests were filed by approximately 2 or 3 percent of the workforce, the officials told the I-Team.

Everybody who attended Obama's party was vaccinated and had a covid test.
Does your neighbor do the same?
I highly doubt that. Where's the proof? The vaccinated are not exempt from getting Covid. I remember reading somewhere that bicycle helmets work similarly: They give the wearer more confidence, & the result is often more accidents & injuries, not fewer. “Silly people,” you say to yourself. “If only they would follow the experts.”

I highly doubt that. Where's the proof? The vaccinated are not exempt from getting Covid. I remember reading somewhere that bicycle helmets work similarly: They give the wearer more confidence, & the result is often more accidents & injuries, not fewer. “Silly people,” you say to yourself. “If only they would follow the experts.”
That is not true about bicycle helmets. They definitely prevent head injuries if they are safety compliant.
Barack Obama birthday party canceled due to coronavirus concerns

The annual Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota is America’s largest bike rally, a 10-day blowout, with attendance this year exceeding 250,000. It was also a serious pandemic stress test.

South Dakota has high population immunity — and still saw a huge covid surge in August.

In the weeks since the rally began in early August, infection numbers have shot up more than 600 percent in South Dakota.

Consider also this summer’s Lollapalooza music festival in Chicago. All those attending were required to provide proof of vaccination or a negative coronavirus test. Anyone unvaccinated was required to wear masks throughout, even though the festival was outdoors.

The result? Of the hundreds of thousands of fans who attended the festival, only a few hundred have subsequently tested positive — and it is unclear whether any of them were infected at Lollapalooza.

What the Sturgis rally shows us about the delta variant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member