Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 #81 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for Barry’s friend, TS. First of all realizing now that his friend IS likely guilty. Then finding out Suzanne was having an affair. I watched the interview with Lauren and he said he visited them in CO and they were like “Little House on the Prairie”. Only to find out they were not!

We never know what is going on in a marriage but I am certain the daughters knew.

I hope their recollections are becoming more clear and they can understand why Suzanne said they were being pulled in by Barry.

I feel bad for Barry’s friend, TS. First of all realizing now that his friend IS likely guilty. Then finding out Suzanne was having an affair. I watched the interview with Lauren and he said he visited them in CO and they were like “Little House on the Prairie”. Only to find out they were not!

We never know what is going on in a marriage but I am certain the daughters knew.

I hope their recollections are becoming more clear and they can understand why Suzanne said they were being pulled in by Barry.
Some quotes from TS here:
Two months into search for missing Chaffee County mother, investigators “aggressively working this case” | FOX21 News Colorado

It's difficult to speculate on what the daughters think or thought or really much outside of what was given as the case at the preliminary by the prosecution as we have only what the prosecution has disclosed to work with in terms of "a case". Parents arguing about finances etc. is not abnormal and in my opinion kids are aware of things like that. I think we do understand the "state" of their marriage and Suzanne's mindset about leaving the marriage. Barry has been very guarded through his texts and conversations that are now public however in my opinion. I think there will be lots to discuss if this moves forward to trial as it will give the prosecution time to tighten up the weaknesses that are apparent from the preliminary. We shall know by week's end.

Also, apparently MM2 had concerns enough to suggest SM file for divorce and get a restraining order. That suggests a whole lot more than "normal" marital arguments was going on.

Barry Morphew told a friend his wife Suzanne slept with 'a man in a basement in November 2019' | Daily Mail Online

It's difficult to speculate on what the daughters think or thought or really much outside of what was given as the case at the preliminary by the prosecution as we have only what the prosecution has disclosed to work with in terms of "a case". Parents arguing about finances etc. is not abnormal and in my opinion kids are aware of things like that. I think we do understand the "state" of their marriage and Suzanne's mindset about leaving the marriage. Barry has been very guarded through his texts and conversations that are now public however in my opinion. I think there will be lots to discuss if this moves forward to trial as it will give the prosecution time to tighten up the weaknesses that are apparent from the preliminary. We shall know by week's end.
In what way has BM been guarded in his texts? Do you mean by deleting them? Not sure talking to the FBI without the benefit of counsel was "very guarded."

What prosecution weaknesses concern you most? We know so little IMO. I felt they cut off abruptly which was strange but then, they only have to convince this one judge.

The judge requiring another prelim meeting to issue his decision is very concerning. The delay means something important. But what? Is there another charge lurking? Is he going to reduce M1 to M2?

I have a feeling there is something big we don't know. Maybe Friday will reveal it.

JMO

Barry was a crappy wall builder, and I have not seen any examples of beautiful landscape projects either. I looked again at the Cal Carson house to see if the landscaping was more mature or interesting than PP. Less boulders, but nothing spectacular. Guess it’s like the cobbler’s children having no shoes. I would like to see some examples of his work. In today’s times, it is pretty amazing that we cannot find photos of past projects or a gallery of work. Is everything smoke and mirrors with this guy? Was he more an excavator or grass cutter/maintenance company, or did he hardscape? I still know almost nothing about the guy.

When he set up landscaping LLC's back in Indiana, several of them appeared on searches of landscaping firms and I found a couple that said at the very top: NO MOWING. The descriptions went to some trouble to make it clear these were businesses for landscape design and/or large projects. Every project I've been able to identify back in Indiana was fairly large - no maintenance. Presumably, he was doing hardscaping in Indiana - he certainly went to town on collecting materials that would be used in hardscaping (there were virtually no rocks or boulders at PP until Barry arrived, per the Zillow photos).

I have never been able to find a gallery of his work, which has puzzled me all along. Also, I too wonder how the heck he managed to sell any of his businesses in Indiana (much less for the rumored $1M - I haven't seen any MSM on that figure - so if someone has an idea where that came from, please share).

If he did do "maintenance" on some big public projects (like the one in Indianapolis where he got into a fight with one of his clients, IIRC), then perhaps those were worth quite a bit. A million is indeed a lot if no equipment changed hands. OTOH, I think BM has a habit of bumping the valuation of things up by various means, involving private agreements.

Suzanne Morphew Hubby set to walk FREE?
Crime Stories with Nancy Grace
  • TRUE CRIME
  • NEWS
© RSV NG LLC Website
Barry Morphew will find out this week whether there is enough evidence to proceed to trial in the murder of his wife Suzanne. During a preliminary hearing, Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office Undersheriff Andy Rohrich testified that photos taken of Barry Morphew shortly after Suzanne’s disappearance showed numerous superficial injuries, including cuts and scrapes on his upper arms that may be fingernail scratches. Barry Morphew also had injuries on the outside of his hands, but it is unclear if investigators believe all of those injuries were recent. Information also came out that Suzanne Morphew was having an affair. Investigators found two of three books in the Morphew home that are believed to have been important to Suzanne: A Bible and Alcoholics Anonymous book. Detectives were also advised to look for a journal. While they didn’t find an intact journal, investigators reportedly found possible evidence of a journal burned in the fireplace.

Joining Nancy Grace Today:

• Wendy Patrick - California prosecutor, author “Red Flags” www.wendypatrickphd.com 'Today with Dr. Wendy' on KCBQ in San Diego
  • Dr. Jorey Krawczyn [KRAW-ZIN] - Police Psychologist, Adjunct Faculty with Saint Leo University; Research Consultant with Blue Wall Institute, Author: Operation S.O.S. - Practical Recommendations to Help “Stop Officer Suicide” (October 2021) bw-institute.com
  • Joe Scott Morgan - Professor of Forensics Jacksonville State University, Author, "Blood Beneath My Feet", Featured on "The Piketon Massacre: Return to Pike County" on iHeartRadio
  • Mike King - Host: "ProfilingEvil" on YouTube, Former Police Officer (Ogden, Utah), Former Chief Investigator: Weber County Attorney’s Office, Former Chief of Staff: Utah Attorney General’s Office, Author: "Deceived, An Investigative Memoir of the Zion Society Cult", www.ProfilingEvil.com, Instagram/Twitter: @Profiling Evil
  • Lauren Scharf - Reporter, FOX 21 News, @LaurenScharfTV, laurenscharf.com
Crime Stories with Nancy Grace 9/14/21

I have never been able to find a gallery of his work, which has puzzled me all along. Also, I too wonder how the heck he managed to sell any of his businesses in Indiana (much less for the rumored $1M - I haven't seen any MSM on that figure - so if someone has an idea where that came from, please share).
^^rsbm

Info provided very early by VI. But never again will I make the mistake of asking a VI for anything remotely close to a link! :oops:

JMHO
There may be an academic or, more likely, a partial academic scholarship involved with MM1 attending CSU. My understanding is that she graduated HS with honors. She may have graduated CSU with honors, as well.

Colleges and Universities adore having scholars at their facilities. They tend to cause less trouble. They are more serious about their studies. They become leaders on campus. A graduate from CSU tends to earn $53k annually for over 86% of students that earn their degrees.

Home | Admissions

^^rsbm

Info provided very early by VI. But never again will I make the mistake of asking a VI for anything remotely close to a link! :oops:

Ah. Well, I still think that Barry and his people (I want to say "clan" for some reason - not meaning bio relatives, just his group of "everyone" who cheats), had a practice of over valuing things (like businesses and real estate and doing dealings with low cash and lots of IOU's/paper to increase valuation).

Early on we also heard (maybe the VI?) that the buyer of the business was unhappy with the transaction, but who knows. Maybe just a rumor. I wonder if Barry has any civil suits against him in IN.

Ah. Well, I still think that Barry and his people (I want to say "clan" for some reason - not meaning bio relatives, just his group of "everyone" who cheats), had a practice of over valuing things (like businesses and real estate and doing dealings with low cash and lots of IOU's/paper to increase valuation).

Early on we also heard (maybe the VI?) that the buyer of the business was unhappy with the transaction, but who knows. Maybe just a rumor. I wonder if Barry has any civil suits against him in IN.
2016 He lost a small claims suit with a lumber mill in Kokomo.

In what way has BM been guarded in his texts? Do you mean by deleting them? Not sure talking to the FBI without the benefit of counsel was "very guarded."

What prosecution weaknesses concern you most? We know so little IMO. I felt they cut off abruptly which was strange but then, they only have to convince this one judge.

The judge requiring another prelim meeting to issue his decision is very concerning. The delay means something important. But what? Is there another charge lurking? Is he going to reduce M1 to M2?

I have a feeling there is something big we don't know. Maybe Friday will reveal it.

JMO
Guarded because we did not see or hear about texts where he personally texted about marital issues. On the contrary most of what prosecution shared was Barry professing his love for his wife. Nor did he discuss marital issues with LE. We don't know if he discussed the state of his marriage with H or with SO other than a fairly typical "guy-bro-dude" response about what he would do to any guy that was sleeping with his wife.

Also, apparently MM2 had concerns enough to suggest SM file for divorce and get a restraining order. That suggests a whole lot more than "normal" marital arguments was going on.

Barry Morphew told a friend his wife Suzanne slept with 'a man in a basement in November 2019' | Daily Mail Online

I've begun to worry that MM2 is going to end up on the stand. We really only know where they stood from BM or SMs words and we know we can't trust BM. SM remarking that MM1 was always on BMs side indicates that SM was pretty honest about her relationships with her daughters. To me it reads as a reasonably accurate statement that MM2 suggested a divorce and restraining order. MM2 was still at home, MM1 was away at college and wouldn't have been witnessing tensions within the household making her much easier for BM to manipulate. MM2's boyfriend was also privy to some of it based on his comments.

Barry's friend since childhood, TS is identified on the list of case players linked to on page 1 of every thread. I joined this thread long after major talk of him so it's been a long time since he came up.

His name appears on the screen asking a question.
MOO
Thank you for answering!
I ran off all day and see I left y’all hanging, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics