Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some version of that could be true, but it's a lot of baseless speculation. There's nothing to indicate they were unhappy, that he was controlling, or anything like that. The friends that have commented have been surprised and shocked... nobody has said "he always seemed off" or whatever.

Having said what you said... it would be interesting if anyone could find their social media activity BEFORE they got back together.

Her tweets from 2013-2015 are normal lovey girl stuff. Then 11/7/16 she says "I'm finally happy and that's all that matters " which doesn't mean him but idk. Then its dark until 2017, then dark again until 05/20 for one tweet, then 02/21 for two tweets and last tweet of their tent at Zion on 07/18/21.

If Laundrie's mother would not respond to Gabby's mother on Aug 30, it
leads me to believe Mrs. Laundrie knew information about why they weren't together already and did not want to participate in finding Gabby or in getting her son to participate in finding his fiancee'. Even if they had only broken up acrimoniously, there should have been some information or cooperation in play.

This is not normal and I hope these parents realize they are going to be up for obstruction of justice charges when LE gets a good look at that van and it's route.
Did her mom call his mom?
Never
Mind I see she did!

Last edited:
Her tweets from 2013-2015 are normal lovey girl stuff. Then 11/7/16 she says "I'm finally happy and that's all that matters " which doesn't mean him but idk. Then its dark until 2017, then dark again until 05/20 for one tweet, then 02/21 for two tweets and last tweet of their tent at Zion on 07/18/21.

They had been together recently for two years I had read.

Since Gabby and BL were engaged, and the couple was living with his parents, I wonder whether both Gabby's and BL's parents had met, had any social interactions.
If so, you'd think his parents would be in contact with Gabby's parents after she vanished....even during the trip itself.
Gabby’s mother had his mother’s phone number so they’ve at the very least spoken to one another before.

Did anyone pick up on the SM videos that when GP was talking, she was slurring her words? Wondering if she is on meds and maybe had a manic episode. Don't bash me for this....just reminded me of someone and was the 1st thought that popped in my head.
That wouldn’t explain the strange behavior of the boyfriend though. If there was some sort of mental episode, you’d expect a quick call to local law enforcement.

You wouldn’t expect him to drive a couple thousand miles, and never report her missing.

Wow. This statement is cold.
Yes it is. Very COLD!

Where is the grieving fiancé? His wife-to-be went missing on his watch. He never called LE to report her missing. Nope. He didn’t call Gabby’s parents either I don’t believe. He just drove on home (across the Country no less) by himself to Mommy and Daddy and is not cooperating with LE.

WTH????

Things I’d like to know.

Did he communicate with his parents on the drive back?

When was the Lawyer retained? Was it after he got home or during the drive back?

Why didn’t he report her as missing? Even Leticia Stauch made up some story and reported Gannon missing. Sooner or later he was going to have to own up to the fact she was missing.

Did Gabby’s parents talk to him at all? Did he take their calls or did he ghost them?

I don’t believe they had a fight and she stomped off.

We all know where this is headed.

MOO

Boyfriend of missing Long Island woman, Gabby Petito, issues statement through lawyer - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.com)

"This is an extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family.

"I understand that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. On behalf of the Laundrie family it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family.

"On the advice of counsel the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment."
Huh? What exactly did he say?o_O

Still, I have an issue with him just leaving her there. Depending on where they were that could be life threatening.

I'm going to stick with statistics on this one. There is a reason a significant others are numero uno on a suspect list. Statistics say this case will most likely not end well.

Leaving her where? We don't know his story. If her being alive and staying behind is part of his story... true or not... I 100% don't believe it's going to involve him just driving off and leaving her in the middle of the wilderness.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter how one speculates about Gabby having voluntarily gone off with another group, or individual, the fact remains that she has not communicated with her parents, cousins, or friends.... especially after regularly being in touch. This is what worries me the most.

Exactly. No proof of life is very powerful evidence.

If she stayed "there" (wherever "there" is) there is no way she would go quiet, and not msg her mom, dad or even the friend in Portland they were scheduled to see in Oct. If she stayed "there", why wouldn't the fiance of a 2.5 year relationship with the woman, not even answer a call and even just say "last I saw here was in..... "?

These women were murdered in Moab August 18th. Curious how it lines up with this case.
UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021

These two women were last seen in Moab on August 13th at a bar. They told people that there was a creepy guy who'd been hanging around their campsite, and that if anything happened to them, people should assume they'd been murdered. BL posted a pic of himself on IG in Moab on August 13th. Weird coincidence, huh?

I'm thinking that LE would have to have a warrant to take the van into their custody to examine it, so does that mean that the van was registered in GP's name, or even jointly registerd to both of them (GP and BL), or that BL voluntarily gave the van to LE for examination.

And could LE seize the van if it was jointly registered to both GP and BL, without GP's consent?

It sounds like he supported his daughter's free spirit, but something about this guy was off to him, so much so the dad moved, uprooted, to be close by in another state.

I read in an interview with Mom that her daughter and this guy "rekindled" their friendship after high school. I’m going to speculate that they dated briefly in h.s., she dumped him, he wormed his way back in, isolated her from her family and security, tried to control her, realized she was going to end things, and couldn't deal with losing her again.

It's been reported that GP and BL attended schools together in NY, and BL moved with his family to Florida after HS graduation. Gabby's dad has stated that Gabby moved to Florida 2 years ago to be near BL. (They are ages 22 and 23). IMO, seldom does reliving that HS romance workout. (And am I glad I left the country after my A-Levels)!

If his name is not on the title he has no right to use the van without permission whatsoever. Believe me, I have personally gone through this. Handshake deals don't matter.
Exactly! The parents of Gabby have been referring to it as "her van". I have not seen anything in past photos or videos to show that Laundrie had a vehicle before they got the van. I've only seen that Gabby had a car, so I'm thinking it was registered to her.

If his name is not on the title he has no right to use the van without permission whatsoever. Believe me, I have personally gone through this. Handshake deals don't matter.
Exactly! The parents of Gabby have been referring to it as "her van". I have not seen anything in past photos or videos to show that Laundrie had a vehicle before they got the van. I've only seen that Gabby had a car, so I'm thinking it was registered to her.

In Florida, one can simply sign the title over to the new owner as long as there isn't a lien on the vehicle. You then have 30 days to register the vehicle to your name.

Thinking about gifting your car in Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member