Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 *road trip w/bf*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why, but after reading the bf's statement and watching the dad's Fox interview, I feel like she stayed there willingly. That's a complete about-face on how I felt less than an hour ago.
As a parent, that just might be the best-case scenario, and that his daughter is voluntarily missing. JMO

It makes a lot of sense that they kept running into van lifers and campers who were heading towards unofficial burning man, and she would get the bug to go.

what doesn’t make sense at all is why Brian doesn’t just say “she went to burning man” !!!

<modsnip>

WTH

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it odd that they had completed a good portion of their trip, including several dangerous hikes (during which at any time he could have pushed her and made it look like an accident). If something sinister had been planned, then you’d think it would have happened a little earlier on during one of the hikes. Or that he wouldn’t have fully agreed with documenting the entire trip, which would really kind of screw up any “plans” due to making it obvious when she stopped posting. This is all very strange.

Most of these cases are not planned but happen in a fit of anger. Although it only takes a few moments to form pre meditation.

And also tries to establish what is, IMO, a false equivalency. The Petito family is undoubtedly going through a very difficult time, but the Laundrie family? Well, their son came home from the trip as planned, so they're already far, far better off than the Petito family.
Exactly what I was thinking.

With all due respect of course... the two families' are not in the same boat.
One family has a missing daughter/sister and is distraught.

The other has their son safe and sound (...and apparently incognito ?).
No comparison; IMO.

Are looks deceiving? I ask this because they look like a happy couple. They had been together 2 years I think Brian killing her is jumping the gun!
MOO --something has happened to Gabby, yes, but could it be a kidnapping!
There was nothing he could do, called parents, parents said get home, do not talk to anyone until we get legal counsel.

FBI is now involved. Think they may know something, but do not want to compromise actions needed to get her back or resolve the case.

In regards to her Pinterest account...

Is there any way to see when a pin was pinned? Is it common for 22-year-old young women to have an entire board dedicated to baby clothes and baby aesthetics? I always desired to have children, but I just can't say that I was dreaming that much at 22. Just *interesting* imo....

So what exactly are you saying that explains his actions that allows for a good outcome here? There isn't one that doesn't sound like a mystery novel or a movie script.

And if Gabby owned the van and decided to go off and do her own thing. Why wouldn't she take the van and make him find his own way home? It's A huge tell. That is why I am interested in who owns the van.

Based on everything we know, I don't think there is much of a chance for a good outcome... but whose name is on the van's registration has virtually nothing to do with that.

If you need an explanation - maybe she doesn't think of it like it's "her" van and he's just a passenger. Maybe she felt guilty about the cause of their parting ways and said for him to just take the van and go home - while she'd go with someone/somewhere else. Maybe she just left him and didn't bother to parse through their property.

Again... I think a good outcome is pretty unlikely - but it just seems silly to fixate on the ownership of the van. Put it this way... if it were to turn out the van is in HIS name... does that change anything? I'd say, no.

Correct. There was not an official Burning Man event this year at Black Rock City. However, like last year there was an unofficial "Burn"event on the playa.

I've read some 20,000 people attended this time. Compared to about 1000 last year and 80,000 at the last official event in 2019.

Yes, about 20-30K people attended. It was called "Renegade Man" and it was held at the Playa as usual.

Is it too fishy that they were in Moab the exact day the gals were found murdered?
Were they? The ladies were last seen Aug 14. GP & fiance posted IG pic from Moab Aug 13. Havent’t seen reported how long after the 13th they stayed. The 8 min vid (of mostly prior travels) was posted Aug 18. By the 21st Dad bought them an Uber meal in SLC. But to my knowledge haven’t seen where the were between Aug 14-20.

Not sure if this has been noticed already: on GP Instagram, she almost always tags a location in her posts, particularly since she started travelling on July 2nd. Her last two posts don't have a location tagged: the one on August 19th and the one on August 26th (am I allowed to drop a URL for these?)
Yep her last few insta posts it's very very obvious she didn't post those. They are also also edited. They are long and praising the dude. He 100% posted them.

In regards to her Pinterest account...

Is there any way to see when a pin was pinned? Is it common for 22-year-old young women to have an entire board dedicated to baby clothes and baby aesthetics? I always desired to have children, but I just can't say that I was dreaming that much at 22. Just *interesting* imo....

Eh plenty of people my age (I’m a few years older) had vision boards like that of future house, etc. It doesn’t seem that odd to me. I definitely had some baby fever in my early 20s in college though I never went so far as to vision board it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member