Mexico - Arlington TX Firefighter Elijah Snow, wed anniversary found dead at Cancun resort, Jul 2021

I'm already annoyed and I'm only 15 minutes into Dr Phil. I can't trust anything she is saying because she's already sugar coating (to say the least) by not being honest about the argument they had when he wanted to stay out drinking that night and she went to bed. So she is rewriting history to paint a different picture. We're never going to get anymore info on this bizarre accident, IMO.

It was an adult resort with provocative women all around. She chose this place for them to go to and seemed gung-ho for the activities offered. How can you admit that you and your husband were going to Mexico to possibly “swing” on your tenth anniversary and you left him drunk with some people he was probably sexually interested in? I bet there’s a lot we will never know. MOO

It was an adult resort with provocative women all around. She chose this place for them to go to and seemed gung-ho for the activities offered. How can you admit that you and your husband were going to Mexico to possibly “swing” on your tenth anniversary and you left him drunk with some people he was probably sexually interested in? I bet there’s a lot we will never know. MOO
I’d never really thought of that possibility. Could it be possible the new “friends” were from the resort next door, the one he was found at?

What did I miss? Where did you get this information about them being interested in swinging? We go to adult resorts in Mexico every year and have no intention of swinging.

I watched the Dr. Phil show and could not believe the size of that window, which was out of way at a neighboring resort and hidden behind plywood.

IMO, I find it unbelievable that he would know where this tiny window was and had a crowbar to remove the plywood.

There is a photo shown on Dr. Phil with a person in it to give you an idea of just how small this window is!

The photos show numerous injuries from head to foot. The wife had to pay bribe money to get access to these photos. I believe that he was murdered. I believe her story. I don't care if she omitted that they argued that night. IMO, that has nothing to do with his demise.

The Dr. Phil episode will be shown again tomorrow morning on the OWN station, just in case you missed it.

JMO.

I forgot I recorded that. Will try to watch, though doesn’t sound like I missed much.
IMO, it is definitely worthwhile watching. I believe her story and believe that he was murdered. You will see how hidden that window is and how very small it is. You will also see extensive injuries to his body. It's hard to believe that I'm the only one who believes her story and believes that he was murdered.

JMO.

ETA: It is my understanding that he was found at the neighboring resort not 10 miles away.

Hmmm, new friends?

jmo
It is easy to meet people at these resorts. New friends are nothing nefarious. They are staying at a $400 a night resort. People from all over visit and it is a lot of fun. Everyone is there on vacation. We meet people at the bars, in the pools, at excursions, at the restaurants...Nothing suspicious at all.

JMO.

Appearing on Dr. Phil. Toward What End?
.... Dr. Phil.... can give victims a voice. Dr. Phil also has incredible resources and oftentimes helps his guests.
Dr. Phil covers all sorts of topics on his shows. I think that knowledge and awareness are keys to avoiding various situations and becoming a victim.
BTW - Dr. Phil doesn't drink. So, I suspect that he is going to say something about being drunk, alone at night and in a strange place can lead to a bad outcome. JMO.
@Synergizer Bunny sbm for focus
1. Giving this victim a voice???
An opportunity to speak, a catharsis for feelings?
Imo, yes. But beyond that?

2. A way to persuade Mex. or US LE to investigate potential crimes against/homicide of Mr.Snow?
Imo, if no personal/political clout in Mex, not likely, as Mex. LE has concluded its investigation. Given FBI's limited authority in Mex, doubtful, imo on that point too. (I posted re this earlier, iirc)

3. Warning visitors about potential dangers, as @Synergizer Bunny said in OP --- Being drunk, alone at night and in a strange place can lead to a bad outcome???
Imo if ppl have heard these warnings before, well, they may heed the lesson after hearing this one. Or maybe not.
Imo, if this message is news to ppl, well, yeah, could help avoid injury or fatality. Or maybe not.

Realistically, the caution about possible tragic outcome does not require all the above multiple elements --- being alone, or a nighttime setting, or a strange place. Or even being drunk or on drugs. my2ct.

Thinking about & acting on situational awareness* can help reduce chances of harm.

Regardless a tragic outcome for Mr. Snow and his family.:(:(:(

^ Is only one of many books & sources of info about personal safety and listening to "Survival Signals That Protect Us From Violence."

It is easy to meet people at these resorts. New friends are nothing nefarious. They are staying at a $400 a night resort. People from all over visit and it is a lot of fun. Everyone is there on vacation. We meet people at the bars, in the pools, at excursions, at the restaurants...Nothing suspicious at all.

JMO.
I agree they meeting new people is not suspicious. But the wife said on Dr Phil that she thought maybe he was asleep on the new friends couch in the new friends room. That I find odd.

I'm already annoyed and I'm only 15 minutes into Dr Phil. I can't trust anything she is saying because she's already sugar coating (to say the least) by not being honest about the argument they had when he wanted to stay out drinking that night and she went to bed. So she is rewriting history to paint a different picture. We're never going to get anymore info on this bizarre accident, IMO.

I watched the Dr. Phil show yesterday. There was a photo, that they showed a LOT of times, taken inside a shower stall. It looked like it had a brown fabric bag hanging in the shower, possibly attached to the open window. Was that Elijah's body hanging inside the shower? They showed it at least 5 times, and it was a mystery what it was supposed to be.

I have another question. Why do articles and the family say stuff that makes it appear they think he was going IN the window? He wasn't, I don't think. He was going OUT that window. And got stuck in a position that caused his pressure asphyxia. Why aren't articles more forthcoming about what that room with the bathroom was used for? What was it? It was a bathroom off the kitchen in the next door resort - that employees would use?

IMO, it is definitely worthwhile watching. I believe her story and believe that he was murdered. You will see how hidden that window is and how very small it is. You will also see extensive injuries to his body. It's hard to believe that I'm the only one who believes her story and believes that he was murdered.

JMO.

ETA: It is my understanding that he was found at the neighboring resort not 10 miles away.
I’ve been one of the few here that believe he was a victim of a homicide as well. Hey, I’m starting to feel totally at home being in the minority, lol. We initially saw it reported he was found 10 miles away, then it was at the neighboring resort, but now again, she’s saying 10 miles away. We thought it was an error in reporting then, now this.

Last edited:

JMO.
You’re so right, We did that when we were young and adventurous too, in our 20’s.... in Acapulco, then later in Cozumel. Met fun people and partied, lol. And were some of the lucky ones nothing happened to. Great memories.

Last edited:
I have another question. Why do articles and the family say stuff that makes it appear they think he was going IN the window? He wasn't, I don't think. He was going OUT that window. And got stuck in a position that caused his pressure asphyxia. Why aren't articles more forthcoming about what that room with the bathroom was used for? What was it? It was a bathroom off the kitchen in the next door resort - that employees would use?
Possibly some of the employees there are not such good people. Not hard to believe. They would very possibly know that area well, and moved him there to shift the blame from anyone at the resort he was staying at. Just a theory, and Jmo.

Possibly some of the employees there are not such good people. Not hard to believe. They would very possibly know that area well, and moved him there to shift the blame from anyone at the resort he was staying at. Just a theory, and Jmo.

Right. This was a restroom accessible to the employees of the next door resort. It seems likely, to me, that the employees of one resort would likely be in contact, or could likely know the employees of the next door resort. They could have invited him over, for . . . something. A special after hours drink or to continue partying with staff? The bars close in Cancun at 11, during these COVID times. That would have been about a half hour after he wanted to continue drinking. After hours, could he have been invited by staff to continue drinking in the backrooms? Could he have somehow gotten himself locked in there, and the only way to get out was that window? The bruises on his upper inner thighs are mirror images, as if he was trying to climb down a pole. Like a fireman's pole. Could they have been there before he got to Cancun? They would have been covered by the long swimsuit he was wearing. Did he actually arrive in Cancun with those bruises?

These look like awfully advanced stage bruises to have occurred from injuries just before death.

edited to add:

Come to think of it, these upper thigh bruises look EXACTLY like bruises would look from sliding down a fire department pole.

Last edited:
I’ve been one of the few here that believe he was a victim of a homicide as well. Hey, I’m starting to feel totally at home being in the minority, lol. We initially saw it reported he was found 10 miles away, then it was at the neighboring resort, but now again, she’s saying 10 miles away. We thought it was an error in reporting then, now this.

It was the hotel right next door. It was not 10 miles away.

Thousands of people continue to visit these same places to this very day. They, too, make friends with strangers, party hardy and come away with wonderful memories. Choosing a physically fit fireman as a victim, no matter how alcoholically impaired he might have been, seems unlikely, in my opinion. Without proof, I think it is wrong to accuse faceless staff of the resorts, which make their living off tourist dollars, of murder or complicity with a murder. Feelings are not evidence. There is no evidence of a crime.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onaquest
Back