Need help with a cold case Sleuths

Hounddog33

Reaction score
Hi Sleuths, I am a retired Detective and current Private Detective. I’m trying to help this family finally get justice for their murdered loved one Anna Marie Mullin 22, murdered in Wilton Manors Florida 11-6-82. I’m working for free to nail this guy. I would love some help from my fellow Sleuths. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 769A44AA-23B2-4E49-9DAB-EA6D12E6883F.jpeg
    769A44AA-23B2-4E49-9DAB-EA6D12E6883F.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 26
Hi Sleuths, I am a retired Detective and current Private Detective. I’m trying to help this family finally get justice for their murdered loved one Anna Marie Mullin 22, murdered in Wilton Manors Florida 11-6-82. I’m working for free to nail this guy. I would love some help from my fellow Sleuths. Thanks in advance.

I would make a thread like the others with the state, name of the victim, and date of murder in the subject line.

So, it would read:

FL - Anna Marie Mullin, 22, Wilton Manors, 6 Nov 1982

She went to a bar that she regularly frequented with only $1.00 in her pocket?

Not much to work on here - what else is known about what happened?

In the two items I read, there were suspects, have they been ruled out or still viable options?

@Hounddog33 Did you ever start a regular case thread for this? I searched but I couldn't find one.

I'm posting a link to a write-up of the case for people to check out. I wasn't familiar with Anna Marie's murder at all, so it was helpful to read a narrative. No offence, but I find fb pages a bit clunky to extract information from.

The Brutal Murder of Annamarie Mullin

Having read it, I'm wondering what your game plan is? There's very little information with which to find the chief suspect, especially after nearly 4 decades, but it might not be impossible with some good sleuthing and a bit of luck. But with much of the witness testimony extracted under hypnosis (assuming this is true?) and with forensic evidence and DNA samples all missing, is an arrest, still more a conviction, a realistic possibility?

Not meaning to be negative, just wondering what your thoughts are and whether there are other dimensions to this that the article doesn't cover, for instance.

Hope you come back to the thread. :)

In one account she was beaten, raped and murdered, in the newspaper writeup she was choked but may have been given a lethal combo of drugs and booze, and then all the files/etc. have disappeared ?!?

Was there ever an actual coroner's determination of exactly caused her death? Sounds like it could have been accidental (why she got dropped off at the church).

@Hounddog33 Sounds obvious, but has anyone gone through the white pages for Pompano Beach for 1982 looking for someone named Toni or similar (e.g. Antony, Antonio)? Also birth records for, say 1945 to 1955, if the main suspect appeared to be in his early 30s in 1982, and death records in FL for anyone fitting those basic parameters. All that stuff is online now, and if you use a site like Ancestry you might get lucky and find a photo that can be compared to the artist's impression.

If you can get some certainty about MO, I wonder also if you might be able to profile similar murders within a timeframe and geographical radius, and perhaps find one or more cases that add to your leads and maybe include some existing physical evidence.

I still wonder how you're going to prove anything though. Or is the goal to unearth something sufficiently convincing that it gives Anna Marie's sister some closure?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back