SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harpootlian maintained that Alex Murdaugh did the shocking shooting/ suicide for hire scheme for his family said:
but[/B] he didn’t fully understand suicide exclusion on the insurance policy.

Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh’s Attorney Says He Will Likely Be Arrested Soon
BBM by me.

So September 4th...all just spur of the moment thing...he must not have had enough time to explain it right to CES? There's always a "but"

There is ZERO chance that an established attorney did not 'fully understand' the terms of a contract he signed which would pay out $10million upon his demise.
Z
E
R
O

During the interview, Melvin pressed Harpootlian about his client’s alleged misuse of law firm money. Harpootlian said that the “vast majority” of the millions Alex took was used on drugs.

“Dick, that’s a lot of Oxy….” Melvin said.

LOL BBM
Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh’s Attorney Says He Will Likely Be Arrested Soon

The spokes-lawyer then said that AM 'wrote checks for most of this'.

I need to see those checks on the off chance that next to MEMO, he wrote 'drugs'.

Sept 4th feelin bad....uhh-hh...called my opiod buddy...uhhh-hhh...asked him to shoot me so my son can be rich...uhh-hhhh...he missed, I went blind, called me a helicopter to give me a ride...uhh-hhhhh...had a couple of brain bleeds and a fracture, got out of hospital in a day and a half and went to rehab...UHH-HHHHHH....oh btw I know who killed my wife and son months ago and my attornies are investigating it....ohhhhh ok...ummm should we just tell SLED they can go home then?

In the video Harpootlian says:

1. "He believed that the insurance policy had a suicide inclusion."
Why did he use the word "believed"? Sounds like the policy actually has a suicide exclusion? I think AM would know very well what the terms of the policy were. He's an expert at insurance.

2. When the interviewer asked how anyone can be expected to believe the story that the shooter missed, Harpootlian says, [paraphrasing here]: "This Monday was the first time I and Jim Griffen had a chance to speak with Alex when he was off opioids."
[implying now the story is the truth and previous lies were due to opioid use. ] Sheesh!

3. "Then last week it was uncovered that he had perhaps, well not perhaps, converted some client and law firm money for his own use. And again, spent most of that on opioids."
This seems to confirm that AM embezzled from both clients and the law firm. But...opioids, opioids, opioids. It's not Alex, it's the opioids.

Alex Murdaugh accused of arranging own shooting in $10M life insurance scheme

I admit that I didn’t dive too deeply into finances until I read the part about the 10 million life insurance payout. I figured that 10 mill wouldn’t be all that much to such a wealthy family, for the kid to have to survive the rest of his life. Common folk, more than one could ever dream. But this family? I figured they were worth much more. Come to find out, maybe not so much. What’s the deal on them?

Sept 4th feelin bad....uhh-hh...called my opiod buddy...uhhh-hhh...asked him to shoot me so my son can be rich...uhh-hhhh...he missed, I went blind, called me a helicopter to give me a ride...uhh-hhhhh...had a couple of brain bleeds and a fracture, got out of hospital in a day and a half and went to rehab...UHH-HHHHHH....oh btw I know who killed my wife and son months ago and my attornies are investigating it....ohhhhh ok...ummm should we just tell SLED they can go home then?
SLED here. Packin' it up, Boss. Seems like you got it under control.

If MM wanted a divorce, she would have wanted an accounting of their finances and would also be looking for hidden assets regardless of how she planned use it.

This actually makes sense to me. I am familiar with quite a few wealthy families, and in most cases the first steps usually taken by the wife is to immediately hire an attorney to seek out the financial situation/information. I obviously did not know MM but it is a common thing in these situations to figure out the "how much can I get" before the divorce papers are served.

Being that this family was so well known he could have received info of what MM was doing and hired a hit???

All my opinion of course.

On September 4, it became clear Alex believed that ending his life was his only option. Today, he knows that’s not true. For the last 20 years, there have been many people feeding his addiction to opioids. During that time, these individuals took advantage of his addiction and his ability to pay substantial funds for illegal drugs. One of those individuals took advantage of his mental illness and agreed to take Alex's life, by shooting him in the head. Fortunately, Alex was not killed by the gunshot wound. Alex is fully cooperating with SLED in their investigations into his shooting, opioid use and the search to find the person or people responsible for the murder of his wife and son. Alex is not without fault but he is just one of many whose life has been devastated by opioid addiction.
'Believed that ending his life was his only option:' Murdaugh attorney releases statement

BBM- Laying the foundation

I think time will tell if he still has enough pull in South Carolina to stay out of jail.

Surely not, but some of these good-old-boys clusters are difficult to crack. I’m willing to bet that if this portion of the story had never become public, AM might have skated past a link to the double homicide and other crimes. Even with all of the other baggage coming to light.

Now they are forced to look more closely at everything about him. AM never expected to be put in this position — the family hasn’t been held accountable for anything for generations.

When will the Feds get involved? Aren’t there federal crimes in the mix?

jmo
I think AM is going to jail for a long time. The M's may have been able to sweep their abuse of power in a small county under the rug, but the Nation's attention is now on this case and there is no way they can plug all the holes in their sinking boat. Rightly so.

MOO

If MM wanted a divorce, she would have wanted an accounting of their finances and would also be looking for hidden assets regardless of how she planned use it.

This actually makes sense to me. I am familiar with quite a few wealthy families, and in most cases the first steps usually taken by the wife is to immediately hire an attorney to seek out the financial situation/information. I obviously did not know MM but it is a common thing in these situations to figure out the "how much can I get" before the divorce papers are served.

Being that this family was so well known he could have received info of what MM was doing and hired a hit???

All my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members