SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to the very recent news about an arrest in the AM shooting:
Murdaugh Murders Saga: First Arrest Made

This has probably already been posted.

‘I think he will be charged’ Murdaugh attorney talks about orchestrated shooting during Today Show appearance | WCBD News 2

This is an interesting turn of phrase for stealing copious amounts of money - "converted some client and law firm money for his own use". I wonder how much mileage they'll get out of that. 'Your honour, I didn't rob that bank, I just converted some of the money for my own use.'

I doubt this law firm got involved in the day to day miseries of opioid addicts who turned to crime but based on their compassionate and forgiving nature regarding crimes while under the influence, they can start a new cottage industry.

If he converted/misappropriated so much money and then paid for drugs by check that means he deposited the "converted" money into his bank account. Aren't banks supposed to report suspicious transactions? You would think he would be getting regular payments/distributions from the law firm -- not random one-offs of "converted" money. The bank is supposed to know their customers. JMO.

Before the end of this, trial (s) or otherwise, we will see many corporations, non-profits, bank accounts, trust funds involved. And I don’t exclude his firm. No way the majority of the “converted “ money went to drugs. MOO

Paul and Buster are just two very different people.
Buster seems to be reliable, responsible, hard working young man, keeping a low profile.
Do you remember the things Paul said in the hospital? His crude, sick remarks, his sexist come ons to the staff, the arrogant pompous entitled attitude towards everyone. His lies about the death he caused? He was about to bring his whole family down with these upcoming lawsuits and investigations. He was an out of control, narcissistic, entitled punk.

Guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree.
When thinking about PM's (and AM's) actions the word affluenza comes to mind.

SBBM- He’s a big time personal injury attorney and he doesn’t understand an insurance policy? o_O

Right??? He must think we don’t have the sense God gave a goose.
What I think is more likely is that this was a show Alex and his backwoods cousin decided to put on to perpetuate the idea that “someone” was after him and his family…but it failed miserably.

How has BM managed to stay out of all this trouble and mayhem?

And did I hear the attorney correctly earlier today? He believes they know who killed MM and PM and “it’s personal”? This has to be mainly about the boating death in my opinion. Sure, there are drugs and fraud at the law firm involved, but I think the murders are punishment for the boating death. I know MM perhaps suspected something was financially wrong, so that’s a big one too. The drugs seem like a smaller issue to me. He didn’t allegedly steal $5M for drugs.

@AveryGWilks
Another interesting nugget: Despite reports that Alex Murdaugh paid a hitman to kill him, Murdaugh's attorney tells
@postandcourier
that the shooter agreed to kill Murdaugh for free.

Alex Murdaugh staged the shooting so his family could collect on his $10 million life insurance policy. He mistakenly thought that policy wouldn't pay out if he killed himself. But in South Carolina, it would have.

Eddie must be a fan of Shakespeare’s Henry VI ("The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.")
moo

Last edited:
This is an interesting turn of phrase for stealing copious amounts of money - "converted some client and law firm money for his own use". I wonder how much mileage they'll get out of that. 'Your honour, I didn't rob that bank, I just converted some of the money for my own use.'

No one’s trying to put one over on us. Conversion is the legal term for what AM did.

Curtis Smith has been given a $5,000 Cash Surety Bond for a meth possession charge against him and a PR Bond for a marijuana possession charge. These are the only charges against him in Colleton County: the other charges he is facing, including assisting a suicide, are charges from Hampton County and he has not been given bond on these charges. He will have bond hearings in Hampton at a later time.
Murdaugh shooter given bond on drug charges, headed to Hampton for more hearings

On the day he was shot, Murdaugh had purposefully not taken any painkillers, hoping to get clean, and was experiencing "massive depression." He saw no future for himself and decided to end his life, Harpootlian said.
Lawyer stages, survives paid hit in US crime mystery

*Bet ya $1 he had run out of pills, didn’t have a source to get more so he started drinking to get through the day. The alcohol gave him the false courage to kill himself but he couldn’t do it to himself cause he’s a chicken s*. He calls his main juicer and begs him to find him drugs. Dealer can’t. AM tells dealer he was the one who got him hooked so he owes him and should help put him out of his misery for a final bonus check. Could Curtis just be a bad shot? Or if it was intended to only graze him, is it even possible that Curtis is that good of a shot?

Curtis Smith has been given a $5,000 Cash Surety Bond for a meth possession charge against him and a PR Bond for a marijuana possession charge. These are the only charges against him in Colleton County: the other charges he is facing, including assisting a suicide, are charges from Hampton County and he has not been given bond on these charges. He will have bond hearings in Hampton at a later time.
Murdaugh shooter given bond on drug charges, headed to Hampton for more hearings

On the day he was shot, Murdaugh had purposefully not taken any painkillers, hoping to get clean, and was experiencing "massive depression." He saw no future for himself and decided to end his life, Harpootlian said.
Lawyer stages, survives paid hit in US crime mystery

*Bet ya $1 he had run out of pills, didn’t have a source to get more so he started drinking to get through the day. The alcohol gave him the false courage to kill himself but he couldn’t do it to himself cause he’s a chicken s*. He calls his main juicer and begs him to find him drugs. Dealer can’t. AM tells dealer he was the one who got him hooked so he owes him and should help put him out of his misery for a final bonus check. Could Curtis just be a bad shot? Or if it was intended to only graze him, is it even possible that Curtis is that good of a shot?

Or maybe his attorney is trying to explain why AM had no opiates in his system when he went to "detox" in "rehab".

As AM's lawyers have said he's going to pay back the stolen (converted, whatever) money, he ought to
get out the checkbook and write a few --

* Satterfields for what they legally are entitled to (overdue)
* The Beach family, for his drunk son and his boat causing her death and for obstructing the investigation, the legal maneuvers and the unnecessary added pain they've gone through
* possibly the Smith family (I'll wait for the SLED investigation)

This will NEVER happen but it would be an act of good faith, a solid starting place on his road to 'rehabilitating' himself, and a decent first gesture of repentance.

SCMurdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh Will Likely Be Arrested Soon, Attorney Says

Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh Will Likely Be Arrested Soon, Attorney Says
So his lawyer just saying how AM was in a dark, dark, dark, dark place which led to this supposedly concocted faked suicide for insurance money scheme.

I wonder...if your father was dying of a terminal illness, your poor Mom was suffering from advanced Alzheimers, your son was charged with felony death charges and court was soon to start, you're being sued by the family of that victim and they're demanding financials, your wife hires a forensic accounting of your finaces and oh yeah, you've been stealing from your clients and firm to support your million dollars drug habit for years.

Is that not a dark, dark, dark, dark enough place to be to engage in murder for hire too?

@AveryGWilks
Another interesting nugget: Despite reports that Alex Murdaugh paid a hitman to kill him, Murdaugh's attorney tells
@postandcourier
that the shooter agreed to kill Murdaugh for free.

Alex Murdaugh staged the shooting so his family could collect on his $10 million life insurance policy. He mistakenly thought that policy wouldn't pay out if he killed himself. But in South Carolina, it would have.

Eddie must be a fan of Shakespeare’s Henry VI ("The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.")
moo

What??? Someone would agree to kill someone for free? This, knowing if you do this and are later charged with murder your life is over. For Free?.... I wonder if this assisted suicide arrangement was in writing...

Before the end of this, trial (s) or otherwise, we will see many corporations, non-profits, bank accounts, trust funds involved. And I don’t exclude his firm. No way the majority of the “converted “ money went to drugs. MOO
Kinda like the “Hustler and the Housewife” (Erika Jayne and Tom Girardi). Shame! Shame! Shame! on these titan attorneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong