SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now he’s (his attorney) added this problem has gone on for twenty years and has thrown in mental illness!

and RM’s earlier statement said he had been unaware of AM’s addiction.

the narrative expands as his problems grow.

Exactly, this is all for a mental illness plea. Nothing to do with drugs.

Coming soon:
His drug dealer gave him a laced drug that caused him to not act in his right mind. He would have never done anything (a hit) like this without being on a dangerous drug.

"He didn’t want law enforcement to spend any more time on this fake crime instead of focusing on the murders of Maggie and Paul,” Harpootlian said of the shooting."

Really bungled that one, my dude.
I assume that AM's DEEP CONCERN about keeping the focus "on the murders of Maggie and Paul" will drive AM and BM to extend the deadline past September 30 for tips worthy of that $100,000 reward. Especially given all the recent new factors that may prod people to remember things they'd forgotten or to attach new meaning to things they thought not important until these recent events occurred.

Of course, there's also things recently learned that counter such motivation to share. Such as: Will that reward be paid by cash or check? If by check, can the funds be put into escrow or something first? And, escrow with someone who doesn't have an association with them.

And now he’s (his attorney) added this problem has gone on for twenty years and has thrown in mental illness!

and RM’s earlier statement said he had been unaware of AM’s addiction.

the narrative expands as his problems grow.

AM's amazing legal team in action:

MeagerBelovedAlbacoretuna-max-1mb.gif

This spin is hilarious: Instead of using “embezzled” or “stolen,” he goes with “conversion.”

Basically, all Alex did was convert some money and spend it on drugs. Just a little conversion, that’s all.

During Wednesday’s interview, Dick Harpootlian admitted on national TV that his client Alex Murdaugh used his client’s money for personal use.

“It was uncovered that he had perhaps, not perhaps, he had converted some client and law firm money to his use and again spent most of that on opioids.”

Melvin pressed Harpootlian about his client’s alleged misuse of law firm money. Harpootlian said that the “vast majority” of the millions Alex took was used on drugs.

“Dick, that’s a lot of Oxy….” Melvin, who is also from South Carolina, said to Harpootlian.

Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh’s Will Likely Be Arrested Soon, His Attorney Says

Well played by Craig Melvin

BBM

You guys, this is not his fault! All these people have been forcing him to take illegal drugs for twenty years! They held him down and shoved the pills down his throat!

I'm still not sold 100% on him being addicted to anything other than money and power and a cushy lifestyle.

MOO
You mean the poor man has been taken advantage of all this time!?? Oh woh is me...! Grrrrr!

Exactly, this is all for a mental illness plea. Nothing to do with drugs.

Coming soon:
His drug dealer gave him a laced drug that caused him to not act in his right mind. He would have never done anything (a hit) like this without being on a dangerous drug.
I was just reading about SC’s problem with the increase of fentanyl mixed with other synthetic illicit drugs. *here’s my take: if AM admitted to Oxy addiction, I think he was probably using something much stronger. It’s even possible, his drug of choice was the fentanyl laced drugs. I wonder how close he ever came to overdosing. If he was worried about it, LE should find a can of Narcan readily available to him somewhere in his place. The effects of withdrawal wouldn’t have affected him much in just one day. It’s that third or fourth day that’s the killer when you think you’re dying or want to.

And then they epically fail at it, so you decide to call 911 for help..??!! It just boggles the mind, the thought processes of these jokers. I guess that’s what being high will do to the brain? JMO

If he really wanted to be dead wouldn’t he tell the shooter that he missed and better try again.

What??? Someone would agree to kill someone for free? This, knowing if you do this and are later charged with murder your life is over. For Free?.... I wonder if this assisted suicide arrangement was in writing...
He wants to keep "Murder for Hire" ie someone being paid to murder out of everyones thoughts and mouth. He doesn't want anyone to think he would do that.

Each article or bit of info coming from the Murdaugh camp just seems so calculated. Almost like a prelim to what AM's defense team is working up for a possible trial.
I agree.

In June, Purdue Pharma was dissolved and in early September, a US judge approved a bankruptcy plan that would permit the Sackler family to pay $4.5 billion into a fund from which to settle Oxycontin claims and to shield them from any further litigation.

But there are plenty of parties who want that door opened back up and the spigot turned back on. Among them, attorneys who'd prefer the litigation continue and who'd take a hefty piece of large settlements in association with such litigation.

I wonder where Harpootlian sits on that issue.

So it seems AM never does anything without there being something in it for himself, right?

1. AM knows, or at least has a very good idea who killed MM and PM but it never occurred to him to help with the investigation till now? How does that go? Like this?

LE: why didn’t you tell us sooner?
AM: I hadn’t needed to use this info as currency till just now

2. he can’t even kill himself without there being a big insurance pay out

3. He won’t pay the Satterfield estate without there being an insurance pay out (and a cut for him or his firm)

4. He won’t pay the Beach family for wrongful death if his insurance wouldn’t pay out (with a cut for him and his firm)

Does a person who always negotiates out of life by setting up “I scratch your back, you scratch mine” deals have a massive databank in his brain of all the wrongdoings of his “friends” in high places a la Epstein? Info and connection is power after all.

Would be interesting to see what comes out when more pressure is applied because clearly he can’t handle the heat. LE better make sure he doesn’t get silenced before he spews.

Dick says they are looking at a suspect that is not Alex.

At about 3:55:

TS: "And what would the motive have been?"

DH: (Smugly, eyebrows raised.) "I'm sorry?"

TS: "What would the motive have been?"

DH: (Blank stare).

DH: I -I- I -I'm sorry, you're breaking up.

TS: What would the motive have been, Dick?

DH: Mmm, well, that would reveal who that person is, but mmm...it's personal. The motive would be personal.

Lol. Well, he's not lying!
TS facial expressions are letting me know he ain’t drinking the Koolaid Dick is offering! LOL! JMO

Tony Satterfield and Brian Harriot allege they were not involved in the negotiations of a $505,000 settlement and have not received any of the money from that agreement. The settlement has drawn renewed scrutiny in the wake of a series of deaths, shootings and embezzlement allegations surrounding Alex Murdaugh in recent months.

Satterfield, 57, died after she fell while working in a home owned by Alex Murdaugh, according to the lawsuit, filed Sept. 15 in Hampton County. She had worked for the family for two decades.

After her death, Alex Murdaugh told Satterfield’s sons that he would “sue myself” for the death of their mother, the lawsuit said.

Alex Murdaugh then introduced them to attorney Cory Fleming so he could represent them “in bringing a lawsuit against Murdaugh in connection with their mother’s death,” the lawsuit said. Satterfields sons were unaware that Fleming was a former college roommate of Alex Murdaugh and the godfather to one of his sons, according to the lawsuit.

A partial settlement was reached in 2018, according to a court filing, and money should have been distributed to the sons after that, the lawsuit said. But the sons weren’t even aware a settlement was reached until they learned about it in news reports, according to Ronnie Richter, an attorney for Tony Satterfield and Harriot.

“It’s our hope this is all one big misunderstanding and that the funds are being held beneficially for them somewhere, but we’re going to find out,” Richter said.
Lawsuit filed against attorney Alex Murdaugh over settlement in housekeeper's death

*Has it been said when AM gave the gun to CES? At the shooting scene or did he meet him sometime beforehand?

It’s tough to buy a suicide story when multiple spent shells were found scattered around the crime scene….
And after he slashed his own tire with his own knife—clearly after he came to, after he collapsed and was blinded by the whole failed attempt thing... smh. Then he calls 911 for help! I can’t get over the insanity!! MOO

“It was an attempt on his part to do something to protect his child. He didn’t want law enforcement spending more time on this fake crime instead of focusing on solving the murders of Maggie and Paul,” said Harpootlian."

Does he really think that if BM got a huge insurance check for his death after literally everyone else in the family was murdered, that it wouldn't make people look to BM as the person making all of this happen? I don't really think AM cares at all about anyone but himself, including BM. And I don't think that he intended to die that day, honestly. It feels weird to say that I hope that I am wrong, but I think you all know what I mean when I say that.

Tony Satterfield and Brian Harriot allege they were not involved in the negotiations of a $505,000 settlement and have not received any of the money from that agreement. The settlement has drawn renewed scrutiny in the wake of a series of deaths, shootings and embezzlement allegations surrounding Alex Murdaugh in recent months.

Satterfield, 57, died after she fell while working in a home owned by Alex Murdaugh, according to the lawsuit, filed Sept. 15 in Hampton County. She had worked for the family for two decades.

After her death, Alex Murdaugh told Satterfield’s sons that he would “sue myself” for the death of their mother, the lawsuit said.

Alex Murdaugh then introduced them to attorney Cory Fleming so he could represent them “in bringing a lawsuit against Murdaugh in connection with their mother’s death,” the lawsuit said. Satterfields sons were unaware that Fleming was a former college roommate of Alex Murdaugh and the godfather to one of his sons, according to the lawsuit.

A partial settlement was reached in 2018, according to a court filing, and money should have been distributed to the sons after that, the lawsuit said. But the sons weren’t even aware a settlement was reached until they learned about it in news reports, according to Ronnie Richter, an attorney for Tony Satterfield and Harriot.

“It’s our hope this is all one big misunderstanding and that the funds are being held beneficially for them somewhere, but we’re going to find out,” Richter said.
Lawsuit filed against attorney Alex Murdaugh over settlement in housekeeper's death

*Has it been said when AM gave the gun to CES? At the shooting scene or did he meet him sometime beforehand?
“One big misunderstanding”. Yeah, right. All of it. MOO

His treachery must have been surreptitiously orchestrated over the years. If he’s been an addict for twenty years - he’s been a lying liar who lies for twenty years. How many victims will now be known? How many victim’s have zero settlement money cause the guy couldn’t get out of bed in the morning without his damn pills?

This spin is hilarious: Instead of using “embezzled” or “stolen,” he goes with “conversion.”

Basically, all Alex did was convert some money and spend it on drugs. Just a little conversion, that’s all.

During Wednesday’s interview, Dick Harpootlian admitted on national TV that his client Alex Murdaugh used his client’s money for personal use.

“It was uncovered that he had perhaps, not perhaps, he had converted some client and law firm money to his use and again spent most of that on opioids.”

Melvin pressed Harpootlian about his client’s alleged misuse of law firm money. Harpootlian said that the “vast majority” of the millions Alex took was used on drugs.

“Dick, that’s a lot of Oxy….” Melvin, who is also from South Carolina, said to Harpootlian.

Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh’s Will Likely Be Arrested Soon, His Attorney Says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!