Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if they were using the trip back as a cooling off period- but 7 days in a hotel and flight cost seems like a big waste of $$. Moving stuff in and out of storage wouldn't take 7 days.
MOO
They had a DV which the officer describes as a mental health incident for both of them on the 12th. Then they spend thousands of dollars (hotel for her, airfare for him) to be separated. Then almost immediately after they get back together she goes dark.

They spent enough on that little separation as the whole trip might have cost them.

No way it was about a storage unit.

I have an observation- in the post about the delicate arch- "she" says they hung out under the delicate arch for 2+ hours. The temperature in late July and August is 95-100 degrees. I find it HIGHLY improbable they sat out in the heat of the desert for 2 + hours. The whole thing reeks of a setup and apart of me doesn’t believe she’s wrote that.

This is the link of my observation,
Login • Instagram

Also the day they visited there was the day a 3rd party called the LE out to BL & GP.

Then from then on, old recycled photos are used on her IG account from featured stories from 5-6 weeks ago and the caption wordings change vastly and the locations aren’t tagged to that or the last post at the butterfly wall.

Login • Instagram

Login • Instagram

Lastly, if she did get to the butterfly wall, why does she look so pale rather than tanned?

This case is very strange IMO.

She said they were there early Monday morning.
If you look at the temps for early Mon morning on the day the picture was uploaded (we really dont know when the pic was taken)....it was not that hot.

So, I found some weather temp history on Moab..but I could only go back to Aug 22....not too far off from the 12th. It is not that hot in the morning and late Aug in these parts (Im in Colorado - not too far away) is far hotter than mid August).

Moab Past Weather For Last 30 days - LocalConditions.com

None of this discounts that this case is strange and the boyfriend is obviously sketchy and person of interest for a reason. I just think there are some conclusions being drawn that are completely irrelevant and maybe drawing wrong conclusions.
There is nothing that says she did not write those IG posts. *IMO*

Edited...he is a person of interest, not suspect

Last edited:
The article says he flew home so the Dad could empty the storage unit where he and Gabby had their things. Likely to clear out the unit before Sept 1 to avoid paying another month.

So BL is supposed to have moved BOTH their possessions to the Dad's house?

Can the Petito parents get her possessions back?

If not, LE may be extremely interested in what the L's have at their home. Search warrant time!

I would think airfare would cost more than a few months rent for a storage unit. Hiring a few movers wouldn't cost much and would have been a more affordable/reasonable option. I suppose they could have used flyer miles or something.

@PommyMommy cleaned up our timeline (@JerseyGirl and @JudgeJoe

MAR 17: IG Post- 1 yr anniversary
JUL 2: GP announced her engagement to BL

JUL 2
: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and BL
JUL 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks
JUL 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs
JUL 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park
JUL 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park
JUL 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks
JUL 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park
JUL 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in hot tub at Mystic Hot Springs
JUL 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch

AUG 10
: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
AUG 12: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park
Aug 12: Oofficers respond to an incident involving BL and Gabrielle Petito on 12
AUG 13: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab
AUG 13: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 (please confirm I have this right)
AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)
AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”

SEP 1
: BL returns home to FL alone, retains an attorney & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10: The family alerted the National Park Service.
SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI
Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest
Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement (?)

Let's fill this in -
ETA: added August 12 domestic response
Someone stated on August 12th there's a domestic violence and law enforcement was called.

On August 13th he posts where they're headed next. This is also the last time he posts on IG.

I think the fight was so bad they did break up. That is why the mother said she did not know where the relationship with the boyfriend was headed.

The breakup was so bad that he left on a plane headed for home. And he pulled all of her stuff out of his parent's home and put it in storage.

He left her in the hotel room with her van. And I'm guessing to myself that's where the break-up ended.

However I'm beginning to wonder if there was texts and phone calls after that. Maybe she didn't want to be left there alone maybe she wanted to get back together. Maybe they reconciled and he flew back there.

If I understand right that would have been on the 24th. In that press conference they said on the 25th was the last communication between Gabby and her mother.

Sounds like something went horribly wrong after they left the motel room.

This is just moo...

Last edited:
Timeline looks great! Reality looks bad. Really hoping they find Gabby. Needle in a haystack imo. May the pings & van tech come thru for justice.
Thank you for getting us started @JudgeJoe -sometimes I wait too long and then it becomes too cumbersome but this one is filling in -unfortunately
JMO

And why have Brian fly back to help move the belongings when they could have hired someone to assist? I imagine a round-trip flight would cost much more than hiring someone to help out.
The response by BL kind of has a dad demand ring to it -- kind of like: "you need to move your stuff out of my basement by Friday or I'm dumping it!" MOO

At the Kicks 66 convenience store located down the street just a few hundred yards away from the Fairfield Inn, a cashier recognized the couple.

The cashier told the DailyMail.com, 'They came into together on the night of August 21. I remember them because he was telling her to 'hurry up.'

She didn't say anything back to him, at one point she left the store for a few minutes and came back in. They bought bottles of water, a few packages of instant noodles and donuts.'

The cashier pointed out that the Salt Lake City FBI headquarters is across the street from the convenience store, also within a few hundred feet of the Fairfield Inn. 'Their vehicle would have had to pass by the FBI cameras outside of the building pointing toward the street on several occasions.'

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

I thought BL was in Florida Aug 17-23. Perhaps the cashier is mistaken on dates or was she with someone else?
Or he actually returned on the 21st...how would Gabby's family/uncle know the exact return date? How long does it take to clear out a storage locker?

They had a DV which the officer describes as a mental health incident for both of them on the 12th. Then they spend thousands of dollars (hotel for her, airfare for him) to be separated. Then almost immediately after they get back together she goes dark.

They spent enough on that little separation as the whole trip might have cost them.

No way it was about a storage unit.
You're right. This is moving so fast I thought the DV incident happened after he returned from Florida. Thank you.

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
6m

“Male tried to create distance by telling Gabby to go take a walk to calm down, she didn’t want to be separated from the male, and began slapping him. He grabbed her face and pushed her back as she pressed upon him and the van.”
Quote Tweet

lUhyFzZj_normal.jpg

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
· 8m
NEW: We have the Moab, Utah police report regarding Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie. It says “the male had been observed to have assaulted the female” near the Mooflower Co-op.
Thanks for this more of this report on the link

Someone stated on August 12th there's a domestic violence and law enforcement was called.

On August 13th he posts where they're headed next.

I think the fight was so bad they did break up. That is why the mother said she did not know where the relationship with the boyfriend was headed.

The breakup was so bad that he left on a plane headed for home. And he pulled all of her stuff out of his parents is home and put it in storage.

He left her in the hotel room with the van. And I'm guessing to myself that's where the break-up ended.

However I'm beginning to wonder if there was texts and phone calls after that. Maybe she didn't want to be left there alone maybe she wanted to get back together. Maybe they reconciled and he flew back there.

If I understand right that would have been on the 24th. In that press conference they said on the 25th was the last communication between Gabby and her mother.

Sounds like something went horribly wrong after they left the motel room.

This is just moo...

Im beginning to think this myself. He called his parents telling them what happened with GP and LE and the parents flew him home. How long he was actually there though is the question. I never did buy the storage story and I believe it even less now

Hmm, BL goes to the safe house and GP stays with the van?

E_WFL0HXoAID-z_

A little unusual that GP's mother downplays this event:

"But Gabby's mother told DailyMail.com, 'It's irrelevant. Two people traveling together with each other 24 hours a day, it's not going to be perfect, it was an argument, and that's all I'm going to say about it.'"
I get it, she is saying yea- they surely had their moments but that mafa killed and it's not for built up tension or my daughters emotional, dont get victorian here. I can see the need for him to get to the point and try not to set a stage...

Ah, the old she's crazy and attacked me excuse.

I want to see her statement. Why was only his side published?

It wasn't just his side - it was a police report. Because Gabby admitted to slapping/scratching BL, she is put in the back of the squad car and Brian is given victims' assistance (Safe Haven) for the night.

BL says they are both mentally ill (Gabby is described as "manic" so we can take a guess at which one it is) and unmedicated.

Gabby tells LE a slightly different story (she did not grab Brian's arm as the squad car pulled up - must have happened earlier?)

What I see is a policeman taking a compassionate view of the situation, given that the only marks noted on anyone's body are on Brian's. Policeman notes that Gabby is "confused" and "emotional." To me, it sounds like she's crying hysterically. LE makes sure both have their phones - and Gabby must have stayed in the van that night, alone. In Moab.

August 12. Report filed. August 13.

Last edited:
@PommyMommy cleaned up our timeline (@JerseyGirl and @JudgeJoe

AUG 13: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 (please confirm I have this right)
AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)

I wonder who "they" might be? -- perhaps just a general reference to the people in SLC?
UberEats -- for Gabby only presumably. If for two people, then who else?
I'm wondering if Gabby shared the fact that BL was not there or was keeping it private. If shared, then someone might know the reason for the trip at that time.

Last edited:
I have an observation- in the post about the delicate arch- "she" says they hung out under the delicate arch for 2+ hours. The temperature in late July and August is 95-100 degrees. I find it HIGHLY improbable they sat out in the heat of the desert for 2 + hours. The whole thing reeks of a setup and apart of me doesn’t believe she’s wrote that.

This is the link of my observation,
Login • Instagram

Also the day they visited there was the day a 3rd party called the LE out to BL & GP.

Then from then on, old recycled photos are used on her IG account from featured stories from 5-6 weeks ago and the caption wordings change vastly and the locations aren’t tagged to that or the last post at the butterfly wall.

Login • Instagram

Login • Instagram

Lastly, if she did get to the butterfly wall, why does she look so pale rather than tanned?

This case is very strange IMO.
Was butterfly wall photo from the previous car trip? Don't know.

It also states in the report that Brian said Gabby thought he was going to leave her in Moab without a ride. This stood out to me in that at least he thought that she thought he was capable of doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88