SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was she the same coroner the investigator in Stephen Smith's case argued with over her determination of his death being a hit and run?

No.
According to this report by an officer on the scene at 0625 hrs Coroner Ernie Washington told the officer it was a homicide and showed the officer the gunshot wound. Assistant Coroner Kelly Greene showed the officer photographs and pointed to the entry point to the head.
At 1615hrs the officer was advised by the Sheriff that an autopsy had been conducted as MUSC and the determination was Hit & Run. MUSC Dr. Erin Presnell conducted the autopsy and is the person Investigator Proctor had a disagreement with.
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/20971438/stephen-smith-investigator-summary-documents.pdf

"According to attorney Eric Bland, who is now representing Satterfield’s estate, the claim was granted and the case was closed, but neither the estate nor Satterfield’s sons have received any money, although court records show that the claim was paid.

Bland said that he has questioned Fleming and Palmetto Bank, which was brought in to handle the settlement, on why the funds have not yet been received."

^ That's the end of the article. Unsatisfying! He questioned them.... And what did they say??? Must everything in this case end with a "To Be Continued...."??

Attorney: Family of former Murdaugh housekeeper has not received money from wrongful death settlement

Do you have a source for this info? I know this is true of physicians, but I don’t think addiction alone is cause for disbarment and I’m almost positive no one has a legal obligation to report it to the bar. If they do, pretty much 100% of attorneys are in violation of that one.

If the lawyers conduct impacts their ability to do their job, Model Rule 8.3(a) would apply.

Rule 8.3: Reporting Professional Misconduct

No.
According to this report by an officer on the scene at 0625 hrs Coroner Ernie Washington told the officer it was a homicide and showed the officer the gunshot wound. Assistant Coroner Kelly Greene showed the officer photographs and pointed to the entry point to the head.
At 1615hrs the officer was advised by the Sheriff that an autopsy had been conducted as MUSC and the determination was Hit & Run. MUSC Dr. Erin Presnell conducted the autopsy and is the person Investigator Proctor had a disagreement with.
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/20971438/stephen-smith-investigator-summary-documents.pdf

Thanks very much for that!

No, the trip and fall accident was in the home. She was taken out of the home and hospitalized for three weeks before dying.

The coroner’s office said the “Petition for Approval of a Wrongful Death Settlement” stated that Satterfield died as a “result of injuries sustained in a trip and fall accident, in Hampton County”.

According to the coroner’s office, Satterfield’s death was not reported to the corner at the time, nor was an autopsy preformed.

Satterfield’s manner of death was ruled “natural”, which is inconsistent with injuries sustained in a trip and fall accident.
SLED, coroner opens investigation in 2018 death of former Murdaugh housekeeper
Whoa. It’s just like SS’ autopsy! Weird inconsistent reports. How does AM get so many professionals to fudge their professional reports like this?

This is like one of those nightmares/scary movies where you find out day by day that EVERYONE in the little town you recently moved to is a satanist or something and there’s nothing you can do or get out… eek!

Whoa. It’s just like SS’ autopsy! Weird inconsistent reports. How does AM get so many professionals to fudge their professional reports like this?

This is like one of those nightmares/scary movies where you find out day by day that EVERYONE in the little town you recently moved to is a satanist or something and there’s nothing you can do or get out… eek!
This is different, as she died in the hospital and the family apparently didn’t request an autopsy at the time.

"When asked whether AM possibly had any involvement in MM/PM murders, Harpootlian says he doesn't think so. He managed to throw in a comment that, when working with the family on the boating case over the past year and a half he saw MM and AM holding hands and that the family was very affectionate."

Oh My Lord---what a weak defense. His own lawyer cannot say that AM is innocent of killing his wife and son. wow....not a great answer from your attorney when his ONE JOB was to convince the audience of his client's innocence in the double murder.

And to make it worse, when he does try to give some kind of evidence of innocence on AM's part, he says he saw "MM and AM holding hands and that the family was very affectionate." <<THat is his big evidence of innocence on his client's part? :rolleyes:

“Holding hands” is the way to go in proving innocence, how nice. Spouses get murdered in domestic violence cases with many seen holding hands leading up to the murder.

When the June 7 call from AM to 911 was released, we had nothing but our own judgment to analyze the demeanor of the caller who was reporting the reportedly unexpected shootings of his wife and child.

Now, there is another 911 call placed by AM making a false report about a stranger shooting of himself when in fact AM had arranged that event.

I want to hear that 911 call made on Sept 4 and then listen again to the June 7 call. Some say AM sounded genuinely distressed in the June 7 call. Does he sound the same Sept 4?

I think that's where some of that missing 10 million comes in. I think AM was 'making it rain' for various coroners and 1st responders---possibly even judges, to change reports or testimony in his favour. Bribery can be very effective.

"According to attorney Eric Bland, who is now representing Satterfield’s estate, the claim was granted and the case was closed, but neither the estate nor Satterfield’s sons have received any money, although court records show that the claim was paid.

Bland said that he has questioned Fleming and Palmetto Bank, which was brought in to handle the settlement, on why the funds have not yet been received."

^ That's the end of the article. Unsatisfying! He questioned them.... And what did they say??? Must everything in this case end with a "To Be Continued...."??

Attorney: Family of former Murdaugh housekeeper has not received money from wrongful death settlement[/QUOTE]

He didn't speak to the answer because the then, don't know about now, the president of that bank was also the manager of the housekeeper's estate. Everything is leading to somewhere/someone else, isn't it?

Maybe AM was addicted to corn cobs

Eddie Smith
March 21, 2020 ·

Ok just letting everyone know that due to an usually high demand for the corncobs that i am going to have to start putting them on a quota. I figure if i let everyone have just 50 then we might make it through these hard times. I think some people need to maybe do a better job and not be Wasting them. Also i only have enough directions to go with the new orders, i don,t know why people order the directions without the cobs? Does anyone know something that i don,t. I hope everyone is taking care of their Elderly family and anyone else they can help, and if i can be of any more help just Holler.

Does Eddie take checks for his “corncobs”?;D

"Another attorney, Eric Bland, said Satterfield's sons didn't previously want to make waves.

"It's hard. One of our clients is special needs, the other lives in a small Southern town ... and they didn't ask questions," he said. They previously "tried to call their lawyers and didn't get a response, but they didn't take it beyond that. They were scared."

Death of Murdaugh housekeeper prompts new investigation as shooting case leads to arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla