Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and hate this narrative that is being spun that Gabby is unstable. Perhaps she is just young and has bad PMS? She is tired, broke, and living in a van in the desert. I just think this flunky is going to use that to his advantage.
Am I missing something? Where is there any narrative that Gabby is unstable? By her own admission she suffers from certain mental health issues that may or may not be officially diagnosed by a doctor.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

The stigma and misunderstanding surrounding mental health is so detrimental to those affected, some of which is evidenced on this thread. There shouldn't be shame surrounding someone talking about their mental health.

I don't see any mental health shaming - but it should be reported, if it is happening. We do have a police report and that's it.

I know that BL has been told by his attorney to plead the fifth. But if he is in fact innocent of any wrongdoing, why would he not assist LE.

The wolves are at his door.

His lawyer is right that the intimate partners are almost always the prime suspect, but cooperation is far less suspicious than silence and stonewalling.

If there was any chance that GB was alive, you'd think her fiance would be pioneering the search for her. Desperately pleading for anyone to help.

21 days of silence. 4 days since her official missing persons report.

Where are you Gabby? I hope you find your way home, and give us all the answers.

Always IMO

I believe LE is now saying that he's impeding the investigation, as opposed to merely not cooperating.

//North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison even accused Laundrie of “impeding this investigation”, stating that “the answers will eventually come out”.//

Gabby Petito's Friend Named Person Of Interest After Her Disappearance During Road Trip | X99News

They were first called because Brian was hitting Gabby, as per the beginning of the report.
Respectfully, that is not correct. The witness stated BLwas holding her face to push her away from trying to enter the van. Nobody witnessed BL hitting GP and she did not allege he struck her either. I previously posted the entire incident report up-thred.

It’s puzzling me this also, I don’t think the price of the storage unit would have exceeded the price of the airline ticket BL had to buy to go home and help his dad move their stuff out of, in the middle of their trip!

I also can’t imagine the dad would offer to let them move their stuff into his house to save them the money on a storage unit, but make him spend the money to fly home to help him move the stuff. BL and GP were living at BLs parents, even though they planned this few months road trip, it seems odd to pack up their stuff to lock it in a storage unit, rather than to just leave it in the bedroom. It merely doesn’t make no sense IMO.
Thing is I dont t think they planned.going back.anytime .soon!They were.going.to.live.their.lives in their little.van!
Minimalists!
they moved their stuff.from the storage unit to the house to.save.$$$$

They were first called because Brian was hitting Gabby, as per the beginning of the report.

bbm

I just want us all to be on the same page, factually, as we learn the details.

The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to go take a walk to calm down, she didn't want to be separated from the male, and began slapping him.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that he is keeping his mouth shut.

Getting a lawyer sure, but in my opinion there is no excuse to not answer some vital questions, other than he did it. IMO

We all know cases where someone was suspected and then was proven to be innocent. But can anyone think of a case like this, where someone completely stonewalled the investigation of a loved one’s disappearance, and then was proven to be innocent? (And please don’t say Casey Anthony.)

I just noticed this, in an article posted previously in the thread. If you go to the middle of the article there is a US map that shows where they went and when.

It appears they're saying the "no service in Yosemite" was, in fact, sent from the vicinity of Yosemite. What made the family think they were going to Yellowstone (a good thought, they were pretty close) instead of Yosemite? Could Gabby herself have mixed up the two names?

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

The reason that Yosemite is on the map is because of the text.

It’s puzzling me this also, I don’t think the price of the storage unit would have exceeded the price of the airline ticket BL had to buy to go home and help his dad move their stuff out of, in the middle of their trip!

I also can’t imagine the dad would offer to let them move their stuff into his house to save them the money on a storage unit, but make him spend the money to fly home to help him move the stuff. BL and GP were living at BLs parents, even though they planned this few months road trip, it seems odd to pack up their stuff to lock it in a storage unit, rather than to just leave it in the bedroom. It merely doesn’t make no sense IMO.
Everyone keeps bringing up the price of the storage unit versus the price of the hotel/airfare, but it wouldn't have been for one month of storage. Their original plan was to be in the PNW for Halloween iirc. Who knows after that, especially if they were trying to create their brand for monetary purposes.

I feel like the story will be (speculating): being together 24/7 took a toll on their relationship. He wanted to return home, she did not, she met up with other kindred spirits and decided to travel with them. She says he can take the van back to Florida. What about her stuff? She’ll get it ‘some time.’ He (and his family) doesn’t want to be surrounded by her stuff so they rent the storage unit. IMO

[Do I think that’s what happened? No.]

IMO - There is no way she gave the van to him. If you look at photos of it, it looks vaguely girly, IOW, not a manly vibe to it. My guess is she totally decorated it and made it hers/theirs. I read somewhere (sorry can't remember where ) that she showed off the sink to a stranger at a campsite, was very proud of the sink she had installed in the van. She spent a lot of time in there, decorating it, little shelves and decor, there is NO way she gave that van to the POI boyfriend. It said "hers" all over it.

If she just left him why can't he tell people that? What's the big deal? Breakups happen all the time. It's part of life. Something else is going on here.

Just me I know.

Why aren't her parents and other family members/friends at this guy's front door NOW until they get some answers?

If that is my daughter, that's where I'd be.
Id have driven there before calling the police, even if it took me all night, to look them in the face.

I wonder how long before he retains an attorney in Florida. Is his current lawyer licensed to practice in FL? At what point does that matter? If there was a crime it didn't occur in FL (and most likely not NY either), at least insofar as LE can prove.
With North Port saying they are now the lead, will that matter and require him to need a Florida attorney now?

Am I understanding this correctly, he took the van to the Airport left her at the INN without transportation for 5 days or so? Why wouldn't she drive him to the airport unless he was concerned she would just leave without him. IMO

Do we have any reason to think that he drove the van to the airport and left it there? I haven’t seen anything.

It appears she stayed at the SLC Fairfield Inn at the Airport with an airport shuttle. He may not have taken the van, since he had free transportation included in the hotel room.

I’m super curious what she did during that time. Did she sight see around SLC? Or hole up in the hotel and stay alone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea