Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have enough evidence to get him in custody - I'm guessing he will not say a word. Unless the on the ground searches give results (that's such s huge challenge), the van gives up blood evidence or they have sufficient access to phone records and tracking I'm worried they will get enough evidence of anything to charge Him.

Missing Gabby Petito was seen 'hitting' her boyfriend in the arm, police report reveals | Daily Mail Online

'I texted Brian's mom that I was trying to get in touch with Gabby. I also texted Brian. I got no replies,' Schmidt said.

'I knew something was wrong,' she said. 'I felt something was off and I needed to get her reported missing immediately.'

She went to report Gabby missing later that day but police initially blew her off. The next day, she was allowed to file a report with the Suffolk County police department.

Brian's family have since refused to let authorities interview their son when the van that the couple had traveled in before she disappeared was seized from their property late on Saturday night.

Schmidt said Brian's sister Cassie is the only member of Brian's family who has spoken to authorities.

She said she can't understand why neither Brian nor his parents have reached out to her in the aftermath of her daughter's disappearance.

'It's a very mysterious situation. We don't understand why he's doing this. Everybody's assuming the worst and thinking he's guilty of this. But I don't want to believe that. I want to believe she's just in need of help out there and that everybody needs to keep searching.'

Reported missing Sept 11 - her van seized sept 11- FBI processing it so today is sept 15 -4 days to try to determine where Gabby could be- I’m wondering if they have checked her cell phone records yet? Was gabby in a family plan? If so, did mom check the call and text history? I can see online with my carrier. We know from other cases they seem to be able to ping the cell phone quickly - was this done and is it leading to a targeted search? Have any search warrants been issued besides the van? I checked Sarasota County clerk earlier today and am finding zero so far.

JMO

I haven't read the news reports regarding the incident so I'm only going by what's in this forum, but it seems a lot like any narrative of Gabby being mentally unstable or emotional are coming from people's own projections of the incident.

In the report, it is Gabby that initially mentions her own mental health issues.

The report was redacted to conceal sensitive information but suggests Gabby told police she and Laundrie became embroiled in an altercation that was fueled by mental health issues.

Gabrielle told me that she suffers from [redacted] with [redacted],' Robbins wrote.

'Because of her [redacted] and [redacted], combined with little arguments she and Brian had been having that day, she was struggling with her mental health, which led to the incident that was reported to law enforcement.'

Missing Gabby Petito was seen 'hitting' her boyfriend in the arm, police report reveals | Daily Mail Online

The fiancé of the New York woman who went missing while on a cross-country road trip was identified as a person of interest in the case, authorities said Wednesday.

North Port, Florida, police confirmed Brian Laundrie's status as a person of interest as authorities continue their search for Gabrielle "Gabby" Petito, who was reported missing by her family over the weekend. The 22-year-old was last known to be in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming in late August when she stopped communicating with her family, police said.

More at Fiancé identified as a person of interest in disappearance of New York woman, police say

I hate this "mental illness" narrative too. She was probably emotional and upset for good reasons. Speculation based on things her mother has said - she's in a bad relationship. Her boyfriend is doing things that scare her, annoy her, bother her, and she's had it. they get de-engaged, according to her mother. They fight a lot, big fights that terrify her, with police being called. Anyone in that situation would be emotional. She's far from home with this guy, no one else to help her, maybe they don't have much money, and she's got anxiety that is being made worse by the bad situation. I feel terrible for her, but at the time, the cops kind of do the "hysterical female" thing with her and even bring up "battered boyfriend syndrome"! Unbelievable. (It's mentioned in their report).

And... This is all the more reason to be in touch with her family, not drop the communications. Even if the worst has happened, I fully expect the POI boyfriend to blame everything on GP, and now he's got a police report that details how out of control she was.

Just all speculation of course.

What a nightmare/really bad situation. To be in relationship that’s far from healthy and not only be miles and miles from home and support…..but also confined to an extremely small space with the said individual. I can see how that would build and build more issues between the two. Very limited moments where they could have time to themselves or talk to others for advice/introspection on their relationship/situation. All speculation like you said but….this definitely sounds like a recipe for a bad situation that possibly boiled over at some point.

In the report, it is Gabby that initially mentions her own mental health issues.

The report was redacted to conceal sensitive information but suggests Gabby told police she and Laundrie became embroiled in an altercation that was fueled by mental health issues.

Gabrielle told me that she suffers from [redacted] with [redacted],' Robbins wrote.

'Because of her [redacted] and [redacted], combined with little arguments she and Brian had been having that day, she was struggling with her mental health, which led to the incident that was reported to law enforcement.'

There is no abuse narrative being "spun". There is new information provided by the police report - not a narrative.

If they have enough evidence to get him in custody - I'm guessing he will not say a word. Unless the on the ground searches give results (that's such s huge challenge), the van gives up blood evidence or they have sufficient access to phone records and tracking I'm worried they will get enough evidence of anything to charge Him.

At the PC, they did say they found 'evidence of interest' In the van, but would not disclose what that was.

Any particulate evidence won't be available for a while, I suspect.

Here is our latest on the disappearance of Gabby Petito.
My interview with police.
And @MarniHughesTV interview with Gabby’s Godmother.
She says the couple visited her many times & she never saw red flags. Laundrie is still not talking.
I'll upload more of police interview soon

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1438272580973174787?s=21

I hate this "mental illness" narrative too. She was probably emotional and upset for good reasons. Speculation based on things her mother has said - she's in a bad relationship. Her boyfriend is doing things that scare her, annoy her, bother her, and she's had it. they get de-engaged, according to her mother. They fight a lot, big fights that terrify her, with police being called. Anyone in that situation would be emotional. She's far from home with this guy, no one else to help her, maybe they don't have much money, and she's got anxiety that is being made worse by the bad situation. I feel terrible for her, but at the time, the cops kind of do the "hysterical female" thing with her and even bring up "battered boyfriend syndrome"! Unbelievable. (It's mentioned in their report).

And... This is all the more reason to be in touch with her family, not drop the communications. Even if the worst has happened, I fully expect the POI boyfriend to blame everything on GP, and now he's got a police report that details how out of control she was.

Just all speculation of course.

Exactly! Thank you.

Further, I think Brian and family may use this to imply suicide if she is found deceased at some point. IMO

The report states she mentioned her own mental health problems, not something the cops made up to push a hysterical woman narrative. It also states that she was the one who assaulted him, according to a witness statement. It makes sense that battered boyfriend syndrome would be mentioned when this report revolves around this single event without the context of her now being missing.

The report does not say she assaulted him. It attempts to provide a narration to explain why they were both so upset and the arguing had escalated to physical. He grabbed her face, so he was also physical with her, it was not a one-way physical fight. They had done this before, IMO. The way the cops wrote it up portrays her as irrational and more upset than the man in this situation, the POI who probably is responsible for her being missing. The cops wrote: "The male tried to create distance by telling Gabbie to go take a walk to calm down. she didn't want to be separated from the mate and began slapping him."

That's the hysterical woman part of the story and I doubt very much it actually happened that way. That sounds like the boyfriend's POV, to establish how "nuts" his girlfriend is. And police reports are not infallible.

Just IMO

It's from this article. Scroll down to the US map that shows the places they went. There's an arrow at Sacramento, that says that's where the Aug. 30 text about Yosemite pinged. Or anyway, that's what it appears to say.

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

I see. No mention of Sacramento, but the last text from GP said "No service in Yosemite". I haven't seen a report on actual cell tower pings, however. Some of the reporting is hastily and vaguely done. Thanks for linking!

MAR 17: IG Post- 1 yr anniversary
JUL 2: GP announced her engagement to BL

JUL 2
: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and BL - GP is the owner of the van
JUL 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks
JUL 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs
JUL 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park
JUL 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park
JUL 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks
JUL 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park
JUL 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in hot tub at Mystic Hot Springs
JUL 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch

AUG 10
: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
AUG 12: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park
AUG 12 Moab, UT PD police incident report - no criminal charges,respond to an incident involving BL and Gabrielle Petito
AUG 12 Arches National Park - reservation only campsite (per PE)
AUG 13: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab
AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)
AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 27 - Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”
AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite

SEP 1
: BL returns home to FL alone, retains an attorney & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10: The family alerted the National Park Service.
SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI
Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest
Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement
Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
You should include these dates too:

August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify

September 1: 4 songs were added to the playlist "Mtn tops," on an account Gabby Petito appears to share with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie: Many of the songs, collected on an account she appeared to share with her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, focus on love and heartache.
"Your woman is your angel, is your left side, is your whole life; easily the most beautiful thing in the world," one song, Matt Berry’s "Woman," begins. "She'll soothe you; she'll accuse you; she'll confuse you; she'll lose you but always be the best friend you have in the world."

Another song, "Take My Hand," is about picking up a stranger at a bar. "The Badger’s Wake" is about a badger decomposing underground.

September 10: Gabby’s mother texted Brian and his mother, Roberta, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied

September 10: Gabby’s mother went to report Gabby missing later in the day, but police initially blew her off.
Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

Missing woman's haunting songs on Spotify account may provide answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member