Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this video is hard to watch. The demands for apologies, the histrionics-- it's chilling.

JMO

The back end of a cargo-type vehicle is visible at 4:24 and following.

WATCH: Interview with Letecia Stauch from Jan. 31, 2020

upload_2021-9-14_20-43-31.jpeg

I forgot what a bad actor she was in this interview, such a liar. How could she not reflect on what she actually did to Gannon when she was speaking on camera? FGS, he was in a suitcase right there at the curb 15 feet away? The trial can't be over soon enough!!

Regarding the van, it looks like a cargo van. Which if true and there was no separation between the cab and rear area. I wonder how HH didn't know about the suitcase being tossed, she was in the front seat?

cq5dam.web.1536.1008.jpg

Last edited:
We're now learning why #LeteciaStauch wasn't there for her pre-trial hearing -- her counsel says she didn't want to show up "due to her mental health" and the stress she might go through if she was there. She would've had to listen to all the evidence presented against her.

https://twitter.com/sydneestelle/status/1437912448137404419?s=21
Poor TS. Always the victim in her mind. Not one tiny thought for the real victims, though - Gannon and his family. Justice will prevail and it can’t come swift enough. MOO.

Except,it seems,she does :mad:

I didn't think it possible for a defendant to not appear at their PH because there's an explicit remedy which is to waive the hearing.

Reading the DA's objection confirmed what I thought earlier is true. So now I'm a bit concerned about Judge Werner. He let this hearing proceed without LS present but he would not consider allowing the victim's family to watch the proceedings via private Webex. :eek:

I didn't think it possible for a defendant to not appear at their PH because there's an explicit remedy which is to waive the hearing.

Reading the DA's objection confirmed what I thought earlier is true. So now I'm a bit concerned about Judge Werner. He let this hearing proceed without LS present but he would not consider allowing the victim's family to watch the proceedings via private Webex. :eek:

I'm not an attorney but I think I pretty much understand the DA's objections. But being a little lenient now with the defendant in a first degree murder case during a pandemic may avoid the chances of a verdict being overturned later. Nobody wants to have to do this twice. Not agreeing (yet-- not sure there's been a final decision) to set up WebEx for family members has no bearing on the legal case. And at least prior to the verdict on guilt, whatever is done for GS's family likely will have to be done for LS's family. At least from my non-attorney chair I can't see what the legal justification would be for treating the families differently. At this point LS is innocent in the eyes of the court. So I'm not sure the use of WebEx and opening the door to possible illegal recording is quite so simple for that reason. I'd think the judge might also be worried about setting precedent for the future (if not legally, at least expectation-wise.)
JMO

A reporter who was in the courtroom said on social media (so hearsay,supposition,etc at this point and JMO) said that the judge said he would allow the prelim to go ahead because LS had briefly showed her face on the WebEx from the jail and was subsequently waiting in the hall, so she had technically appeared.
Personally I think this is a cop-out and she will still think she has won,because let's face it,she did!. She didn't have to face Landen and Al,or Gannons loved ones,or the public whilst it was told in horrific detail what she did to Gannon.
She got to play the poor Letecia card AGAIN and she keeps getting away with her s***. It makes me sick!

I 100% agree with you!!

I'm not an attorney but I think I pretty much understand the DA's objections. But being a little lenient now with the defendant in a first degree murder case during a pandemic may avoid the chances of a verdict being overturned later. Nobody wants to have to do this twice. Not agreeing (yet-- not sure there's been a final decision) to set up WebEx for family members has no bearing on the legal case. And at least prior to the verdict on guilt, whatever is done for GS's family likely will have to be done for LS's family. At least from my non-attorney chair I can't see what the legal justification would be for treating the families differently. At this point LS is innocent in the eyes of the court. So I'm not sure the use of WebEx and opening the door to possible illegal recording is quite so simple for that reason. I'd think the judge might also be worried about setting precedent for the future (if not legally, at least expectation-wise.)
JMO
Thanks @NCWatcher - we've discussed the potential for illegal recording before and I agree that this is a valid concern. During our earlier discussion, we didn't have the benefit of the DA's written objection and the point of my last post above was to state that in comparison, Judge Werner appeared very thorough in resisting the request by the DA to accommodate the victims family with a private Webex viewing and I'm surprised that Judge Werner did not appear to show the same level of study to immediately object to the defenses motion to waive LS appearance at the preliminary hearing and immediately order the hearing itself be waived by the defense. MOO

A reporter who was in the courtroom said on social media (so hearsay,supposition,etc at this point and JMO) said that the judge said he would allow the prelim to go ahead because LS had briefly showed her face on the WebEx from the jail and was subsequently waiting in the hall, so she had technically appeared.
Personally I think this is a cop-out and she will still think she has won,because let's face it,she did!. She didn't have to face Landen and Al,or Gannons loved ones,or the public whilst it was told in horrific detail what she did to Gannon.
She got to play the poor Letecia card AGAIN and she keeps getting away with her s***. It makes me sick!
Maddening, isn't it? Ugh. Still, IMO unless she cuts a deal Gannon's case will go to trial and she'll have no choice but to sit and stare at Landen and Al and family members each and every day. She can't get out of appearing at her own trial.

I dislike Letecia so much that I look forward to watching the dirtiest of her dirty laundry exposed for everyone to see. No more duck lips Letecia, just reality. MOO.

Maddening, isn't it? Ugh. Still, IMO unless she cuts a deal Gannon's case will go to trial and she'll have no choice but to sit and stare at Landen and Al and family members each and every day. She can't get out of appearing at her own trial.

I dislike Letecia so much that I look forward to watching the dirtiest of her dirty laundry exposed for everyone to see. No more duck lips Letecia, just reality. MOO.
Excellent post and I agree 100%. Just the ugly reality of who she is ...

Anybody remember her family vigorously defending her on FB? That family sticks together, seems like..
Yes and at least one family member flew in to help her get out of town. Gannon’s murder was not her first brush with LE. IMO it’s likely her family has always defended and enabled her. That’s what gave her the confidence to think she’d get away with murder.

I’ve wondered why Florida too? Was it for the gators?? It’s totally disgusting what she did to that little boy and evil!! She didn’t feel that way about his sister? Idk what he saw in her to begin with I feel so bad for him and Landon
IMO she may have thought leaving Gannon in FL would back up the runaway/kidnapping story. She may have been thinking he’d decompose faster in the heat but that’s giving her credit for smarts she doesn’t have.

I don’t believe she snapped. I think she made it a habit to torture Gannon in some way each time Al left, leaving enough time for him to heal from any physical abuse before Al returned. I think she thoroughly enjoyed it and may have gone too far that last time.

IMO she may have thought leaving Gannon in FL would back up the runaway/kidnapping story. She may have been thinking he’d decompose faster in the heat but that’s giving her credit for smarts she doesn’t have.

I don’t believe she snapped. I think she made it a habit to torture Gannon in some way each time Al left, leaving enough time for him to heal from any physical abuse before Al returned. I think she thoroughly enjoyed it and may have gone too far that last time.

from the way I understand it she did her daughter that way too was very strict but you’re right I can’t get his little voice out of my head when he cried I honestly think he suffered all night like she tortured him and then decided to kill him

IMO Leticia (I keep wanting to call her Morticia) is a thing without a single human quality. She’s Jodi Arias without the stilted vocabulary. IMO it’s a given that she’ll testify. These types love the sound of their own voice more than anything else. It’s a shame we won’t get to witness it first hand. Trial by tweet won’t be nearly as satisfying as watching live. They might have to muzzle her and duct tape her to her chair but she won’t be able to get away with sitting out the trial.

IMO Leticia (I keep wanting to call her Morticia) is a thing without a single human quality. She’s Jodi Arias without the stilted vocabulary. IMO it’s a given that she’ll testify. These types love the sound of their own voice more than anything else. It’s a shame we won’t get to witness it first hand. Trial by tweet won’t be nearly as satisfying as watching live. They might have to muzzle her and duct tape her to her chair but she won’t be able to get away with sitting out the trial.
ITA.
I see Jodi Arias in her persona.
Leticia will testify unless she takes a plea.
But I think the Casey Anthony's of this world think they just might be able to get away with it!
moo

Last edited:
I don’t think she’ll testify. I think she’ll either take a plea or harm herself. Her thoughts (and maybe a RX or two) are the only things keeping her company. She’s deflated, defeated, and not used to so much time alone. JMO.

I don’t think she’ll testify. I think she’ll either take a plea or harm herself. Her thoughts (and maybe a RX or two) are the only things keeping her company. She’s deflated, defeated, and not used to so much time alone. JMO.

I guess LS could "chicken out" and plead guilty but i doubt she'll be offered a plea deal. What could/would the State offer? The DP is off the table already. (Technically she'd be eligible but as we discussed last year, the DA's office already said the DP wouldn't be sought because the governor's office would commute it to LWOP. And if they were seeking it, they'd have had to say so.)

There are very few women's prisons so that's not much of a bargaining chip for the State. They could agree to drop the escape charges but so what? She'd be in for LWOP instead of LWOP plus another sentence for the escape charge. Big whoop. I guess they could agree not to prosecute HH but that presumes HH could be convicted of a crime and I'm not at all sure she could or would be. It also presumes LS would give a hoot. Finally, I'm willing to bet lots of money they've already made a deal with HH.

Am I missing something that could be offered to LS? And won't the DA be anxious to try the case anyway? Won't he want a high-profile win so he can show he's a worthy successor to the famed Dan May? Plus Allen has had some iffy press re: the treatment of veteran women prosecutors in his office. So he needs good press and convicting LS would provide that.
JMO

She's going to drag this out till the last possible moment and then plead guilty.
I don't think so.

I think she'll challenge so many things, that after conviction she'll have several "reasons" to appeal.

Not attending the preliminary hearing being one of the first possible "reasons".

She's a weasel, plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member