Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started reading about this story an hour or so ago and there are way too many comments to grasp very much solid info, and other stuff I’ve read is same-ish. Can someone just confirm that there has been no communication between BL and GP’s family or LE or anyone since GP was known to be alive? BL drove all the way back to FL in van that is titled under GP’s name and that’s all we know?
thats about it in a nutshell

I just started reading about this story an hour or so ago and there are way too many comments to grasp very much solid info, and other stuff I’ve read is same-ish. Can someone just confirm that there has been no communication between BL and GP’s family or LE or anyone since GP was known to be alive? BL drove all the way back to FL in van that is titled under GP’s name and that’s all we know?

So far, you are correct. I'm still having trouble processing new information and revised information due to the way, and frequency, it is released.

I think some are getting too into the weeds with the police incident (as with the title of the van). The important takeaway is that things in the van were not all sunshine, whimsical tunes, and yoga Zen.
Agreed. I actually think there's a lot of dramatizing and personal projections of the police report to make Brian sound even worse (if possible) than he already does and that anyone portraying Gabby as being irrational or crazy are not based on the facts of the report. I don't think it's relevant and putting additional victimizations on Gabby seems out of place.

thats about it in a nutshell

Yes, LE would definitely be able to find out in some capacity, but the OP was saying that perhaps no one could say where GP was is because she checked in to a hospital for mental health issues and BL/family/anyone could talk about it because of HIPAA.
NO, they are not obligated to protect HIPAA, they could easily say she is at "such and such" hospital. With that being said, they could have even more easily told her parents where she was and exclude the public. I feel this family has been on protective mode way before we even knew Gabby was missing. IMO

Yes
Here’s her media thread if you want to try and catch up
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Ok - another thought. If he were able to fly back to FL to move her things, why drive the van back at all? Why not leave the van in Utah or wherever and just fly back to FL again? The driving back to FL is so bizarre to me. (Just my opinion and speculation)

Maybe so evidence can be scattered on the way back through various states? Idk. It's all bizarre is correct.

It really doesn't! I mean his dad was mowing the grass this week so clearly even at 62, he is fit enough to get out in the yard to do yard work, so why not just have dad empty the storage unit for him and avoid the time and money with flying back?
Most people know someone that could help move things from/to storage. Or, you could pay someone. A lot cheaper than a roundtrip air ticket and paying for Gabby's hotel room for a week.
This makes zero financial sense. There's another reason.

Most people know someone that could help move things from/to storage. Or, you could pay someone. A lot cheaper than a roundtrip air ticket and paying for Gabby's hotel room for a week.
This makes zero financial sense. There's another reason.

It really would cost less to hire movers to deal with the storage unit than it would be for airfare. None of this timeline makes sense. I feel for Gabby's parents so bad. This is so scary.

I think some are getting too into the weeds with the police incident (as with the title of the van). The important takeaway is that things in the van were not all sunshine, whimsical tunes, and yoga Zen.
Maybe they should have actually reported on the actual truth of how "van life" can be. Traveling across country with the same person day after day in very close quarters is not easy at all! Not even for the relationship seasoned. Throw in attractive people posting all over the internet there's bound to be some tension, jealousy, money issues, immaturity, etc.

Police in North Port Florida have taken over the case and are working with the FBI. I agree with you but perhaps they have uncovered some evidence that she was brought back to Florida.
Fiancé of missing woman shared chilling post before she vanished on trip

I think the FBI and LE identified their suspect. Until they have a crime scene to figure out where the incident occurred and who has jurisdiction over the act of the crime, they'll go with the LE agency that has jurisdiction over suspect numero uno.

Ok - another thought. If he were able to fly back to FL to move her things, why drive the van back at all? Why not leave the van in Utah or wherever and just fly back to FL again? The driving back to FL is so bizarre to me. (Just my opinion and speculation)
This is what I'm wondering.

I agree. The only "evidence" is that BL happened to be in the area and now GP is missing.

If this talk was happening on the thread for the other murders, it would likely be shut down as BL is not a POI in those murders.
I think it is also the dates that are interesting. The women were last seen in Moab on the 13th of August. On the night of the 12th, Gabby and her bf had some kind of scuffle and commotion. Tensions were high and they might have separated for a day or two. So he might have been alone in the campgrounds, while the 2 of them cooled down. IDK but it is interesting that LE hasn't ruled it out. JMO

Aside from the fact that the only proof we have of Gabby having any struggle with mental illness is from the police report (which mainly came from Brian’s statement from my understanding), I would think that even if she did check herself into a mental hospital, she could easily have staff communicate to her family that she is safe without revealing where she is. Since HIPAA protects the patient, she could choose what (if any) information is revealed and to whom. I don’t believe Gabby seems like the type of person to leave her family to worry about if she’s alive and think she would’ve found a way to reach out and let someone know that she’s safe.

I think the FBI and LE identified their suspect. Until they have a crime scene to figure out where the incident occurred and who has jurisdiction over the act of the crime, they'll go with the LE agency that has jurisdiction over suspect numero uno.

I wonder if the van revealed anything? Naming him a POI made me wonder about that possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd