SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with this new investigation of Sattersfield's death happening - I hope that they can determine more details about her 'fall'. Especially if it turns out that she did suffer from blunt force trauma to the head (causing a traumatic brain injury).

Because there have been allegations that SS's death was from a head wound, not a normal hit and run incident. Then again, that claim about it being initially deemed a gunshot wound, then changed hours later, is also a very intriguing avenue to explore.

Eta: correction, used the wrong initials.

I suspect Gloria Sattlefield was killed because she knew a little too much about the Murdaughs.

can you link the change? i'm still seeing the same...thank you in advance!

https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Co...685121121531151158710411784115118975187478665
Ok, so the only real way I can do this is with SS.
When I click on your link it brings me to the page that has him listed as a White male
Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 20-54-58 Public Index Search.png
This is what appears when I click on the Associated Cases tab
Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 20-55-07 Public Index Search.png
Then when I click that link it takes me to this page showing him as a Black Male
Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 20-55-32 Public Index Search.png
When I click on the Associated Cases tab on this one it shows the case with the White Male
Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 20-55-42 Public Index Search.png
I hope this helps since I really have no idea how to show what pops up in my browser when I click on your link. The case numbers also match up!

@postandcourier

The sons of Gloria Satterfield, a former housekeeper and nanny for the Murdaugh family, have filed a lawsuit against Alex Murdaugh related to a settlement reached after their mother’s death.

Tony Satterfield and Brian Harriot allege they were not involved in the negotiations of a $505,000 settlement and have not received any of the money from that agreement.
The settlement was approved in December 2018 by Circuit Judge Perry Buckner, who would later recuse himself from another wrongful death case involving the Murdaughs the following year. Buckner reportedly gave the eulogy at the June funeral of family patriarch Randolph Murdaugh III, 81, who died after an illness.
Interesting. So if the sons were not involved in the settlement and did not receive money, then was the 'settlement' done without their knowledge? Was it in fact a settlement that they were unaware of? The sum may have been the limit of AM's insurance cap. If the money was from AM's insurance company, then who received the payout? More hinky stuff.

I live in SC and this case has become the Talk of the Town. I mean, every day here for the past week, there has been some kind of new twist or turn in this case. Now, the late housekeeper's death is being looked at as "suspicious".

How does the 'I'll turn myself in tomorrow' work? Do the lawyers sign something on his behalf guaranteeing that he will be there, similar to a bail bondsman? Or it's just the honor system, did AM pinky promise?

I assume he is not driving himself (lawyers, family, stretch limo?), but no matter who drives.. I hope all of the tires are checked pre-trip, no back roads taken, and AAA is on standby.

A century and a half of the law
July 23, 2010

The firm of Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick has been practicing law in Hampton, SC, for 100 years. Randolph Murdaugh, John E. Parker, and Lee Cope join Dr. Edgar to talk about the practice of law in small-town South Carolina, and how it has changed over a century.
ARCHIVES - Walter Edgar's Journal
*the above has a link to an NPR mp3 file which no longer exists. Is it just happenstance that someone uploaded it to Wayback on June 7, 2021 before the file was deleted. I’m having a hard time listening to it. It seems to repeat after Murdaugh starts talking. Maybe someone else will have more luck.
https://web.archive.org/web/2021060...edia/audio/walter_edgars_journal/07_23_10.mp3

Ok, so the only real way I can do this is with SS.
When I click on your link it brings me to the page that has him listed as a White male
View attachment 312715
This is what appears when I click on the Associated Cases tab
View attachment 312716
Then when I click that link it takes me to this page showing him as a Black Male
View attachment 312717
When I click on the Associated Cases tab on this one it shows the case with the White Male
View attachment 312718
I hope this helps since I really have no idea how to show what pops up in my browser when I click on your link. The case numbers also match up!

ok that's super weird (like this case would command anything other). i just launched your links, started from scratch, and searched four different ways. and we're coming up with totally different results.

methinks the "powers that murdaughbe" have some influence on this seemingly innocent and easy-to-navigate website. ugh. thanks for your sleuthing, subiechi...turns out our efforts are moot...there's no way two "curtis edward smith's" both born in 1960 were apprehended in colleton county south carolina both on the same day both for a mirror offense (drug indictment). Reeks of "error". Just like "no visible wound" to "massive head trauma"...

How does the 'I'll turn myself in tomorrow' work? Do the lawyers sign something on his behalf guaranteeing that he will be there, similar to a bail bondsman? Or it's just the honor system, did AM pinky promise?
They did that same thing for OJ...didn't turn out to be a good choice...he absconded in a Bronco with money, a disguise and a gun.

I assume he is not driving himself (lawyers, family, stretch limo?), but no matter who drives.. I hope all of the tires are checked pre-trip, no back roads taken, and AAA is on standby.

ok that's super weird (like this case would command anything other). i just launched your links, started from scratch, and searched four different ways. and we're coming up with totally different results.

methinks the "powers that murdaughbe" have some influence on this seemingly innocent and easy-to-navigate website. ugh. thanks for your sleuthing, subiechi...turns out our efforts are moot...there's no way two "curtis edward smith's" both born in 1960 were apprehended in colleton county south carolina both on the same day both for a mirror offense (drug indictment). Reeks of "error". Just like "no visible wound" to "massive head trauma"...
Did you try to clear your cache & see if it comes up differently? Did you click your original link & see if it comes up that way? Agree totally that it is weird & I have no idea why it is coming up different for me! I'm not trying to be rude by questioning you, but that is just plain WEIRD!

Only On FOX: Interview with lawyer in Alex Murdaugh case

Well I don’t know what those other six deaths would be I mean there’s Maggie and Paul. There is no allegation that Alex was involved in anyway with the death of the Smith boy. There is no allegation I don’t think Alex was even home when the Satterfield woman fell down the stairs. I don’t know how he could be involved in that death. The other death would be Mallory Beach, the boat accident in which Paul was charged. Obviously Alex had nothing to do with that I mean this is just smoking mirrors if people want to look at it. I think SLED feels compelled to scrub again look over under every bush, scrub any prior allegations so there’s no questions unanswered but I think Gloria Satterfield based on what I’ve seen and what I know, will turn out to be exactly what it was when the insurance company paid the money they paid. They determined it was an accident … if it was intentional they wouldn’t pay the money...

Page 10 of the SLED release is interesting because that officer statement starts with officer saying (paraphrased) “I was instructed to check with local homes and businesses to check for security camera footage……”
Then there is a large redaction.
The redactions are of Katelyn Barwick’s reporting. She is listed as a Victim Advocate at Colleton County Sheriff Admin in her LinkedIn.

Also if AM hired someone to kill him, then why leave the 'crime scene' with a good Samaritan? I read there were several shells collected by LE. Wouldn't AM have called the hit man to tell him to come back and finish the job?

What date was he arrested on? From the screenshots the only date I see is 9/15/2021 but that's obviously the bond date.

Only On FOX: Interview with lawyer in Alex Murdaugh case

Well I don’t know what those other six deaths would be I mean there’s Maggie and Paul. There is no allegation that Alex was involved in anyway with the death of the Smith boy. There is no allegation I don’t think Alex was even home when the Satterfield woman fell down the stairs. I don’t know how he could be involved in that death. The other death would be Mallory Beach, the boat accident in which Paul was charged. Obviously Alex had nothing to do with that I mean this is just smoking mirrors if people want to look at it. I think SLED feels compelled to scrub again look over under every bush, scrub any prior allegations so there’s no questions unanswered but I think Gloria Satterfield based on what I’ve seen and what I know, will turn out to be exactly what it was when the insurance company paid the money they paid. They determined it was an accident … if it was intentional they wouldn’t pay the money...
Normally the victim’s family will wait for law enforcement to do their job, and not have his attorney basically start forming a murder defense by keying in on potential alternate suspects.

So I find this telling:

“We’re conducting an independent investigation at the result of and I don’t represent the family I represent Alec Murdaugh. At his request we’ve initiated hiring some private detectives getting people interviewed and trying to focus on we think there are one or two people who could be, and I’m not saying they are, could be involved in the deaths of Maggie and Paul and we are working on that.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88