Identified! MD - Woodlawn, WhtFem 279UFMD, 15-25, near cemetery, 'JP' Tattoo, Sep'76 - Margaret Fetterolf

(This contains crime scene photos)
TimelineJS Embed

“Woodlawn Jane Doe” Identified after 45 years

The biggest break in the case came earlier this year. With assistance from The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children and Bode Technology additional DNA testing was conducted. The results helped to identify “Woodlawn Jane Doe.”

We now know Margaret Fetterolf lived in Alexandria, Virginia. She was 16 years old when she was killed. Family members say she went missing in 1975.

Without looking at all the past posts, was Margaret's name suggested on this thread as a possibility? Either way, glad there is an ID now!

I’m completely blown away by her identification. Her murder was so horrifying; she crosses my mind often. I’m so glad to be able to say her name and to picture her smiling photo when I think of her now. Rest peacefully, dear Margaret <3

I found one more informative article. So, her brother said that he was 12 when she went missing in summer of 1975. He also mentioned that she was a habitual runaway from home and easily breaking the rules.

They expected her to turn up either for her 18th or 21st birthday. When she did not, they assumed the worst. I couldn't find if she was reported missing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/09/15/woodlawn-jane-doe-margaret-fetterolf/

I think that her father passed away, but mother could still be alive as well as her two brothers.

Amazing news. Rip Margaret Fetterolf

I had a feeling this case was getting resolved soon. What surprise me is her identity and where she was from. Was always certain she was from Latin America but it turned out shes from Virginia. After all these years one of Americas most famous JDs is finally identified. Hopefully more to come in 2021. Thumbs up again to Othram.

Amazing news. Rip Margaret Fetterolf

I had a feeling this case was getting resolved soon. What surprise me is her identity and where she was from. Was always certain she was from Latin America but it turned out shes from Virginia. After all these years one of Americas most famous JDs is finally identified. Hopefully more to come in 2021. Thumbs up again to Othram.

Lots more to come!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cynde64