SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know this too. If only the rest of us American citizens get to negotiate like this instead of having doors broken down in the middle of the night with random shots being fired inside blindly.

At the very least, he has admitted on record to setting up an assisted suicide, whether true or not. That should be enough to have him locked up on psych hold for being a danger to himself if he’s so unstable.

How come he gets to call the shots? The dude should be arrested NOW before he can tamper with more evidence or off himself before he faces the music. This just makes my blood boil.

Only On FOX: Interview with lawyer in Alex Murdaugh case

Well I don’t know what those other six deaths would be I mean there’s Maggie and Paul. There is no allegation that Alex was involved in anyway with the death of the Smith boy. There is no allegation I don’t think Alex was even home when the Satterfield woman fell down the stairs. I don’t know how he could be involved in that death. The other death would be Mallory Beach, the boat accident in which Paul was charged. Obviously Alex had nothing to do with that I mean this is just smoking mirrors if people want to look at it. I think SLED feels compelled to scrub again look over under every bush, scrub any prior allegations so there’s no questions unanswered but I think Gloria Satterfield based on what I’ve seen and what I know, will turn out to be exactly what it was when the insurance company paid the money they paid. They determined it was an accident … if it was intentional they wouldn’t pay the money...

Found this part interesting:

"Well you say he went to that property, that’s where he lived. I mean he went to his home. And he went into his house and he looked for his wife and son and they weren’t there. He drove down to where the dog pens are and found them dead so there is nothing suspicious about him being on the property. That’s where he lived that’s where he slept every night with Maggie and Paul. "

ONLY ON FOX: Interview with lawyer in Alex Murdaugh case

This is the first I heard that AM went into the house and then drove down to the dog kennels and found them dead. From the photos I thought you would drive very close by the dog kennels on the way to house. So I thought he saw the bodies when he first drove in. JMO.

Last edited:
Alex Murdaugh to Surrender for Staging His Own Killing

'Alex Murdaugh, a prominent South Carolina lawyer who is at the center of multiple investigations after his wife and son were shot and killed at the family’s home in June, plans to turn himself in on Thursday on charges that he staged his own assassination, even as he continued to deny any involvement in the killing of his family.'

Must be nice to control your own surrender, etc.

What date was he arrested on? From the screenshots the only date I see is 9/15/2021 but that's obviously the bond date.

9/14/21 and 9/15/21...& subiechik...i really don't know. nothing adds up. search the south carolina court circuit site (all counties). it takes some time for sure.

so many curtis edward smith's come up. you have to click each one to vet the identity. it took some time today (and to link them would be redundant and time wasted). but as i said at least one thread earlier, this dude is an easy fall guy. And AM knows him well. From the video posted on the last thread, he's on a fast track to congestive heart failure/emphysemia/drug addiction/mental breakdown/etc...perfect target for well connected politico/lawyers...especially those who've defended him in the past. MOO.

Normally the victim’s family will wait for law enforcement to do their job, and not have his attorney basically start forming a murder defense by keying in on potential alternate suspects.

So I find this telling:

“We’re conducting an independent investigation at the result of and I don’t represent the family I represent Alec Murdaugh. At his request we’ve initiated hiring some private detectives getting people interviewed and trying to focus on we think there are one or two people who could be, and I’m not saying they are, could be involved in the deaths of Maggie and Paul and we are working on that.”
Yes are they're going to "reveal" the info sometime this week...according to what his lawyer Dick H said on that morning show.

Alex Murdaugh - $5,600 in Political Contributions for 2020

*Trivia Time:

Plaintiffs-Appellants Clyde Eltzroth, Randolph Murdaugh, Jr., and NationsBank of South Carolina (collectively, the"Landowners") own land on Barnwell Island (the "Island" or the"Property"), which sits in the Savannah River. South Carolina deeded the Property to the Landowners' predecessor in interest in 1942. In the 1950s, the United States Army Corps of Engineers (the "Government") began dredging the Savannah harbor, and it wanted to deposit the dredged material, known as "spoil," on the Island.

After the Government instituted con- demnation proceedings to obtain a perpetual easement over the Prop- erty, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit held that the Island actually fell within the boundaries of Georgia, not in South Carolina. The court subsequently determined that the Landowners did not have valid title to the Property from South Carolina, and Georgia granted a perpetual easement to the Government to deposit spoil on the Island (the "Georgia Easement").
https://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinions/Published/971160.P.pdf

Alex is not the first person to buy drugs by check. Stupid is as stupid does. Ironically George Rogers played football at the University of SC.

George Rogers bought cocaine -- newspaper reports
Normally the victim’s family will wait for law enforcement to do their job, and not have his attorney basically start forming a murder defense by keying in on potential alternate suspects.

So I find this telling:

“We’re conducting an independent investigation at the result of and I don’t represent the family I represent Alec Murdaugh. At his request we’ve initiated hiring some private detectives getting people interviewed and trying to focus on we think there are one or two people who could be, and I’m not saying they are, could be involved in the deaths of Maggie and Paul and we are working on that.”

Completely agree with this. I thought it was odd too. There is no reason to be investigating unless you think there’s a good chance your client is going to be charged and you need alternative stories. Let LE do there job.

Found this part interesting:

"Well you say he went to that property, that’s where he lived. I mean he went to his home. And he went into his house and he looked for his wife and son and they weren’t there. He drove down to where the dog pens are and found them dead so there is nothing suspicious about him being on the property. That’s where he lived that’s where he slept every night with Maggie and Paul. "

This is the first I heard that AM went into the house and then drove down to the dog kennels and found them dead. From the photos I thought you would drive very close by the dog kennels on the way to house. So I thought he saw the bodies when he first drove in. JMO.
First I've heard of this too!

Alex is not the first person to buy drugs by check. Stupid is as stupid does. Ironically George Rogers played football at the University of SC.

George Rogers bought cocaine -- newspaper reports

Completely agree with this. I thought it was odd too. There is no reason to be investigating unless you think there’s a good chance your client is going to be charged and you need alternative stories. Let LE do there job.

Proactive lawyering.

Well I don’t know what those other six deaths would be I mean there’s Maggie and Paul. There is no allegation that Alex was involved in anyway with the death of the Smith boy. There is no allegation I don’t think Alex was even home when the Satterfield woman fell down the stairs. I don’t know how he could be involved in that death. The other death would be Mallory Beach, the boat accident in which Paul was charged. Obviously Alex had nothing to do with that I mean this is just smoking mirrors if people want to look at it. I think SLED feels compelled to scrub again look over under every bush, scrub any prior allegations so there’s no questions unanswered but I think Gloria Satterfield based on what I’ve seen and what I know, will turn out to be exactly what it was when the insurance company paid the money they paid. They determined it was an accident … if it was intentional they wouldn’t pay the money...

So much to unpack here!
Harpootlian really should speak to the media. Why is he doing the circuit?

1) Regarding the lawsuit by GS's family: "....The insurance company that paid the money determined that it was an accident. She tripped and fell down the stairs. That was a case that was litigated, not litigated but examined thoroughly by the, the insurance company wouldn’t have paid the money if they didn’t think it was owed..."
Perhaps they determined it was an accident because the attorney representing GS's children didn't even consult them and instead was working with his buddy AM in order to get an insurance settlement?

2) regarding SLED announcing they are now investigating GS's case: " In that case [MM/PM case] is now 90 days old and you know no closer to closure now than it was 90 days ago. you know SLED’s got to …"
Implying that it's just because SLED is flailing and wants to show some action and SLED is incompetent.

3) regarding all of these deaths surrounding AM: Harpootlian dismisses them all, mentioning that his client wasn't involved in the (e.g. he wasn't home when GS had her accident) and ..."The other death would be Mallory Beach, the boat accident in which Paul was charged. Obviously Alex had nothing to do with that I mean this is just smoking mirrors if people want to look at it. I think SLED feels compelled to scrub again..."
Harpootlian seems to miss the point that some of these cases are about covering up deaths and embezzlement.

4) regarding the MM/PM murders: Harpootlian states that it's not surprising that AM found the bodies, as that is where he lives. He again mentions the affection he saw between AM/PM/MM.

oooops...the Fox article just went poof! Where did it go?

Here was the link: https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/on...3-11ec-ba3c-4397f424579d.html?block_id=994016

Last edited:
What date was he arrested on? From the screenshots the only date I see is 9/15/2021 but that's obviously the bond date.

That site is terrible. The way it works here when you have multiple charges in multiple counties is they are marked as being arrested when they are in custody of the charging county. They have to keep close track of all of this so they know how much time served will apply to their case, and it counts as 1.5 days for every day they are there. They may get sent to another jail in another county, and they may have pending charges they left behind to wait however many months or years before they get a court date, but as they are transferred and officially charged, they get marked as arrested when they have them, book them, and give them their charging docs.

Since he was already arrested on drug charges in another county, they didn't consider him arrested in Hampton Cty until they got him today. The arrest date will be correct for that standard, at the top righthand corner of the page. The filing for the bond hearing date is the part at the bottom. That is also where his attorney's name will show up, along with any filings from here on out that deals with that arrest, like bond reductions, motions for discovery, if an attorney asks to be taken off the case, etc. But you may not see a court date until court is over, and then they update it.

It was Connor C. during the lawsuit he filing alleging the M's where trying to say he was driving the boat that night.

Yes he said Paul pushed Gloria down the stairs to her death because she found out something she wasn’t supposed to know.

Then, inside the house at the scene of the double homicide, law enforcement officials said they found evidence linking the Murdaugh family to the death of Steven Smith.

IMO, these things are all linked…
1. Paul kills SS
2. Gloria overhears him saying he killed SS, so Paul kills Gloria
3. After killing two people, Paul begins using copious amounts of alcohol to deal with the guilt, and kills Mallory.
4. After their son has killed three people, the marriage begins to disintegrate, and AM kills MM and Paul to try to salvage his rapidly dwindling finances.
5. Three days later, Alex puts his dying father out of his misery because he can’t stand the thought of having the family patriarch know about what a *advertiser censored* show his family has become and all the things he has done.

I see a thread that weaves neatly through all six of these deaths.

Last edited:
So much to unpack here!
Harpootlian really should speak to the media. Why is he doing the circuit?

1) Regarding the lawsuit by GS's family: "....The insurance company that paid the money determined that it was an accident. She tripped and fell down the stairs. That was a case that was litigated, not litigated but examined thoroughly by the, the insurance company wouldn’t have paid the money if they didn’t think it was owed..."
Perhaps they determined it was an accident because the attorney representing GS's children didn't even consult them and instead was working with his buddy AM in order to get an insurance settlement?

2) regarding SLED announcing they are now investigating GS's case: " In that case is now 90 days old and you know no closer to closure now than it was 90 days ago. you know SLED’s got to …"
Implying that it's just because SLED is flailing and wants to show some action and SLED is incompetent.

3) regarding all of these deaths surrounding AM: Harpootlian dismisses them all, mentioning that his client wasn't involved in the (e.g. he wasn't home when GS had her accident) and ..."The other death would be Mallory Beach, the boat accident in which Paul was charged. Obviously Alex had nothing to do with that I mean this is just smoking mirrors if people want to look at it. I think SLED feels compelled to scrub again..."
Harpootlian seems to miss the point that some of these cases are about covering up deaths and embezzlement.

4) regarding the MM/PM murders: Harpootlian states that it's not surprising that AM found the bodies, as that is where he lives. He again mentions the affection he saw between AM/PM/MM.

oooops...the Fox article just went poof! Where did it go?

Here was the link: https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/on...3-11ec-ba3c-4397f424579d.html?block_id=994016

And now the link name has changed as well... Hmmm.
Really wondering about who asked to take the article down. Political pressure? Harootlian recognizing that his comments were damaging his career? Pressure from SLED?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Last edited:
9/14/21 and 9/15/21...& subiechik...i really don't know. nothing adds up. search the south carolina court circuit site (all counties). it takes some time for sure.

so many curtis edward smith's come up. you have to click each one to vet the identity. it took some time today (and to link them would be redundant and time wasted). but as i said at least one thread earlier, this dude is an easy fall guy. And AM knows him well. From the video posted on the last thread, he's on a fast track to congestive heart failure/emphysemia/drug addiction/mental breakdown/etc...perfect target for well connected politico/lawyers...especially those who've defended him in the past. MOO.
Yes, I have searched county by county on their site previously & it takes all day! From the video @MassGuy posted earlier, he doesn't sound like he has the best health! Thank you for finding that link earlier to CES!

Maybe it's my imagination, but a number of the Fox articles are suddenly very short and lacking in detail.

The current article is 3 sentences long. the first sentence is:
"In an exclusive interview with Fox Carolina Dick Harpootlian revealed that Alex Murdaugh plans to turn himself in tomorrow."

And then there are no details. Something's up. Someone is interfering in the reporting.

Alex Murdaugh to turn himself in tomorrow, according to lawyer

Who knew that claiming others have fueled your bad or illegal behaviors for 2o years can gain you enough sympathy or leverage to create your own terms for your arrest and court appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb