SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

worm

Reaction score
Not much on this yet but I got it on yahoo and foxcarolina.com. This mother and son were found near a dog kennel on their property in Colleton County SC. Their family has a long history of connections to the legal system in the Lowcountry and the son, who was murdered, was currently facing charges in a boating accident causing death.

2 Murdaugh family members shot, killed in Colleton County SC homicide

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts have been removed or edited. Since then, I’ve spoken with Tricia and we are making some changes on the fly.

Although LE has not officially named Alex Murdaugh as a POI, common sense tells us they would be remiss if they were not strongly considering him. Even MM and AM's own law firm saw fit to investigate him so we are opening up sleuthing of him unless LE officially announces that he is NOT a POI.

We trust Nancy G / Crimeonline for vetting their sources appropriately, so we are temporarily allowing both FITSNews and Mandy Mattney as approved sources in this discussion. As with any source, when we temporarily approve them, their status is subject to our monitoring the type of coverage (i.e. they don’t get too biased or rumor laden, etc), and that decision is subject to change at a later date.

PS: No absolute trashing of AM or direct accusations.

As of opening this thread:
-CES is charged in relation to AM’s reported Suicide Attempt to leave $10M to his son
-AM has reportedly planned to turn himself in tomorrow
-Death of GS and reported lack of insurance payment to beneficiaries is being looked into

Please Continue Here….

Last edited:
So certain news articles are being removed or highly edited on the outlet's website?

Anyone up for contacting the reporter ?

More Murdaugh interference?

I don't know why that Fox article disappeared. It could be political pressure, editorial pressure, SLED pressure, Murdaugh pressure, or something else. It just seems strange to me that the Fox interview with Harpootlian this evening just went poof.

A statement from the Satterfield's attorney --

“The Satterfield and Harriott families are grateful for the concerns and well wishes that many South Carolinians and beyond have extended to them. Today is a sad day for their family. The news of the opening of a criminal investigation causes more questions at a time when the family just wanted answers regarding the claims that were asserted in connection with the death of their mother and any settlements reached. Today this nightmare escalated for the family with the news of the opening of the criminal investigation into the death of Gloria Satterfield. Like everyone else now, they will see how it all unfolds. Eric Bland”

-------

This is really sad. If this is how AM treats the family of the woman who worked in their home for their family for 2+ decades, who was 'like family' .. Yet another reason to question how he may have dealt with his actual family. Imo

State agents investigating Alex Murdaugh’s housekeeper’s death; sons sue for settlement money

As of opening this thread:
-CES is charged in relation to AM’s reported Suicide Attempt to leave $10M to his son
-AM has reportedly planned to turn himself in tomorrow
-Death of GS and reported lack of insurance payment to beneficiaries is being looked into

Please Continue Here….

This kind of quick summary is great when moving to a new thread in a fast-paced thread. Thank you.

These details around the death of GS are very unusual.

Alex Murdaugh's attorney says Murdaugh will turn himself in Thursday - CNN

SLED said it is opening an investigation based upon a request from the Hampton County coroner that highlights inconsistencies in the ruling of Satterfield's manner of death, as well as information gathered during SLED's other ongoing investigations involving Alex Murdaugh.
"The decedent's death was not reported to the Coroner at the time, nor was an autopsy performed. On the death certificate the manner of death was ruled "Natural," which is inconsistent with injuries sustained in a trip and fall accident," the coroner's request to SLED said.

A statement from the Satterfield's attorney --

“The Satterfield and Harriott families are grateful for the concerns and well wishes that many South Carolinians and beyond have extended to them. Today is a sad day for their family. The news of the opening of a criminal investigation causes more questions at a time when the family just wanted answers regarding the claims that were asserted in connection with the death of their mother and any settlements reached. Today this nightmare escalated for the family with the news of the opening of the criminal investigation into the death of Gloria Satterfield. Like everyone else now, they will see how it all unfolds. Eric Bland”

-------

This is really sad. If this is how AM treats the family of the woman who worked in their home for their family for 2+ decades, who was 'like family' .. Yet another reason to question how he may have dealt with his actual family. Imo

State agents investigating Alex Murdaugh’s housekeeper’s death; sons sue for settlement money

Such a lesson to the Murdaugh sons that money always trumps family.

I imagine if we could go over their lives in depth we'd find this message well emphasized.

If Pat Conroy was alive he could have some fun with this and wouldn't even have to dip his toe into fiction!

JamieinLA, In your post on the last thread you wrote...

"Then, inside the house at the scene of the double homicide, law enforcement officials said they found evidence linking the Murdaugh family to the death of Steven Smith."

I hadn't heard that it was in the house at Moselle where SLED found something that spurred them to reopen SS case!?

Do you have a link to where you saw that? TIA

I don’t understand how Alex has used oxy for decades spending untold amounts of $, and after a few days in treatment he is giving statements and making agreements. Supposedly on the suicidal day he quit using cold turkey he goes into a dark dark depression. That is not how it works. This is how it works. He gets DOPE SICK. Very dope sick. He vomits, sweats, has diarrhea, gets dehydrated and feels like he’s been run over by a bus.. This goes on for days probably weeks . He cannot get up, drive, get grazed by a bullet and make his own emergency arrangements. Even with suboxone in treatment he can’t already be alert and ready to roll. This reported addiction is suspect. IMHO

I don’t understand how Alex has used oxy for decades spending untold amounts of $, and after a few days in treatment he is giving statements and making agreements. Supposedly on the suicidal day he quit using cold turkey he goes into a dark dark depression. That is not how it works. This is how it works. He gets DOPE SICK. Very dope sick. He vomits, sweats, has diarrhea, gets dehydrated and feels like he’s been run over by a bus.. This goes on for days probably weeks . He cannot get up, drive, get grazed by a bullet and make his own emergency arrangements. Even with suboxone in treatment he can’t already be alert and ready to roll. This reported addiction is suspect. IMHO
I agree. Also when arrested his dealer/would-be assassin house had only methamphetamine and marijuana. He was charged for distributing meth and using the weed. I'm taking away from that, there was no oxy found.

Lol, everything his attorneys say is suspect. It’s all part of a pattern to deflect and downplay.

He’s a victim in all of this. Somehow.

That’s not how it works, and the facts will speak for themselves; they always trump a baseless narrative full of spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288