Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview with Gabby's godmother:

She says they came to stay with her a couple of different times, and there were no red flags. They were a very loving couple, who seemed excited about their future adventures.

She never witnessed Gabby having any mental health crises.

Gabby's parents know Brian very well, since he used to live in Long Island, too, and he and Gabby were friends in high school.

Gabby is not the kind of person to go off on her own. She is constantly in contact with her friends and family, through phone calls/texts and social media, letting them know where she is. This is very off-character for her.

Last edited:
Ive read it.
The main character is absolutely a serial killer (he kills with verse rather than violence) and the book has very graphic depictions of n*crophilia.

It’s twisted. Most of Palahniuk‘s books are and it appears BL was a fan of many of them.

I think judging anything on what kind of books someone was a fan of is a very slippery slope, and pretty useless imo. So many of us read novels depicting horrible crimes, at least in part following deviant murderers, etc. And we're fans of them. That means nothing.

Is it too soon for LE to know where her cellphone pinged last? What is the time frame for obtaining video cam footage? Are there active searches going on? Would that point to LE knowing where her phone pinged last and them not revealing it?
Getting those Vibes too. And by all means it may just be “vibes”. I don’t have a lot to back up the feeling…but i definitely feel this was at play in this situation.

It's just as interesting to me what vibe people are getting about the relationship. Mine is totally opposite of this. I get the vibe that Brian wasn't as enthused about the trip or filming.

Some thoughts:

Going on only the youtube video (have not seen any of the insta stuff) I feel like she has to coach him to look interested and "in love". He seems like he wants to just chill and work on art, and Gabby seems much more animated and physical.

The "romantic" scenes just look staged to me. His AND her smiles seem non-spontaneous. His smile literally never changes, it's just fixed on his face as if they are still shots. Maybe it's because Gabby does most of the talking.

The video quality and editing is very good. I would think someone would need to have some decent video editing skills and a good chunk of time to work that magic and upload them. How does he have time to set up for video shots in foreign environment, sleep, drive, set up Pinterest worthy camp site vignettes and go on day hikes with physical activities? *Shruggs*

ETA: In opening shot of video, I think they are using a drone. Where is that I wonder? Did either of them know how to operate one? Did someone else take the drone shot? I'd need to go back and re-watch to see if there is additional drone stuff, guess I got distracted with more thoughts!

Another observation, from GP’s IG account, from the post about the “Delicate Arches”. She starts off saying “ On a calm Monday Morning tagged BL into the captioned post, decided to take the highly trafficked hike to the Delicate Arch”. The post was submitted the 12th August, I went on to the calendar… Monday was in-fact the 9th and Thursday is in-fact the 12th August… GP then goes to say further in the captioned photos “ After waiting in a short line under the Arch for some photos early Monday morning”. So overall what I take from this, the post was delayed rather than posted on the factual date stated, which appears to be wrong on the timeline of events out there from the domesticated incident reported which stated “ I heard officer D Robbins, tell dispatch he located the suspects vehicle near the turn to Arches National Park” they’d already been at the Arches National park, the early Monday morning which takes that to the 9th on the calendar, said they had spent 2+ hours relaxing there, so the incident took place on 12th outside the Moonflower Cooperative, on the police report and they’re at the turn of the Arches National Park again on Thursday 12th August.

Login • Instagram

Login • Instagram

calendar photo attached to support my observation.

Attachments

• DAD47522-9684-4E82-9098-07E255FCDA53.jpeg
    DAD47522-9684-4E82-9098-07E255FCDA53.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 3
Missing Gabby Petito: Utah police detail physical altercation between couple days before she disappeared

To Note from article:
Concerning the Aug 12 incident…

Petito's mom, Nicole Schmidt, said that the incident was just a result of pent-up stress from traveling together.

"Put yourself with another person in a van 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for months, and you might have an argument, right?" she told Fox News on Wednesday. "It’s irrelevant. It’s not a big deal."

I dont understand how her mother can say it’s ‘irrelevant’ when she’s now missing.

It seems pretty relevant and rather troubling to me…

This one will not have a good outcome I fear. Stay with me here…I don’t think the Moab murders seem too far off base. If BL is pissed thinking they were the ones to call the cops, maybe he had a bone to pick with them. They were last seen on 8/13 10:30pm and found on 8/18 which leaves almost 5 days. BL could have killed the women, maybe he freaked out and needed to get the hell out of dodge so he booked it back to FL on 8/17 using the storage moving as an excuse. Once the coast was clear he headed back that way. Maybe somehow Gabby ended up finding out and he had to get rid of her? It honestly doesn’t seem too far fetched to me, especially with the dates lining up.

Also, for those who have never been to the area, it would be extremely easy to disappear someone. Go for a hike, stand close to the edge, and hip check the unsuspecting victim. My husband and I have hiked in the area and it could very well be made to look like an accident. With that being true, I find it very hard to believe he’d drive with her body or anything like that. Also, if they did make it to Yellowstone, i always think of the hot geysers and steam pots. Most are boiling and acidic. If you “fell” in one, there would essentially be nothing left. I believe it happened to a tourist not too many years ago and nothing was ever recovered.

Interesting theory! Did the women tell GP that she should just "end it" with her abusive BF, and then BL blamed them for GP telling him it was over? Did he off them, run home and then come back to control GP? Did GP then threaten to reveal his act, and still planned to leave him? If so, he might have decided if he couldn't have her, no one could.

Just all JMOO.

I dont understand how her mother can say it’s ‘irrelevant’ when she’s now missing.

It seems pretty relevant and rather troubling to me…

I took it to mean she thought talking about it was casting blame on GP, and that would be irrelevant to the fact that her daughter was missing, and that she wasn't missing due to her participation in the incident.
MOO

Has someone already mentioned that GP’s last two Instagram posts are the only two she has ever not tagged a location in? And am I looking into it too much or is her hair longer in the group of photos in the last post than it was in the ones directly preceding it?

I think whatever transpired occurred on the 28th the last “like” on IG from Brian occurs on the 28th. Her last known IG “like” is the 27th. It’s roughly a 3-4 day drive from Grand Teton to North Port Florida. If he left on the 28th after whatever transpired and drove straight home that would put him back in North Port on the 1st. I think wherever she is, I think she is in Grand Teton. It’s not possible for them to have been in “Yosemite” on the 30th and him be back in North Port by the 1st. Which leads me to believe that was him texting on the 30th and not her. Which means he has/had her phone. Which means the last known location of her phone is irrelevant. IMO

Found the lawyer! He is a generalist private attorney and JUST like I said on a comment on another thread - his criminal experience is DUI AND TRAFFIC not murder! And his top area is REAL ESTATE!! This guy is out of his league — the Laundrie family is originally from LI, NY - where the attorney Steve Bertolino is from. I’m from the NY/NJ area so I can tell where in LI this guy is in relationship EP where the couple met in HS.
Link to website :
The East Islip Law Offices of Steven P. Bertolino, P.C.

Attachments

• B491E7FE-45F8-4D9A-A572-8868B3D1224B.jpeg
    B491E7FE-45F8-4D9A-A572-8868B3D1224B.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 11
Have LE made any connection to this case and the murdered newlyweds?

Has someone already mentioned that GP’s last two Instagram posts are the only two she has ever not tagged a location in? And am I looking into it too much or is her hair longer in the group of photos in the last post than it was in the ones directly preceding it?

Others have mentioned that the last two posts seemed off - that the posts were different than her previous writing style and that the photos didn't seem to be in the right order.

I think it could be important or nothing at all. Hopefully, the digital footprint will give them answers.

Brian Entin (@BrianEntin) Tweeted:
What to expect tomorrow: we believe the body camera video from the Utah incident between Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie will be released.
Also - at noon - the FBI, North Port Police, and a member of the Petito family will hold a press conference. I'll be there. https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438335092842274818?s=20

Fox News is devoting a lot of airtime to Gabby's disappearance and have a reporter on the ground in front of Brian's house with quite a bit of other press - just like the old days when they were all camped outside Casey Anthony's house.

Each of their daytime shows, as well as Fox News at Night, is devoting significant time with interviews and reporting if anyone is interested. Gabby's dad gave was on this morning and her uncle and aunt were interviewed last night.

First (short) clip of the body cam video has been released on twitter by Nicolette Perdomo (reporter for NBC2).
Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here. Just saying.

Also Briana Fernandez (reporter for NBC2) posted two clips of the body cam footage on twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam