Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily Beast:

Van-Life Couple Got Into Physical Fight Days Before She Vanished, Police Docs Reveal

Interesting:

"In what may or may not be a coincidence, a couple living out of their van in Moab, Kylen Schulte and Crystal Beck, went missing on Aug. 13—after complaining to friends about a “weirdo” who had set up camp right near them. Schulte—who worked at the Moonflower Co-op, where Gabby and Laundrie were seen fightingand Beck were found murdered a few days later. No suspects have been publicly identified and no arrests have been made in the case."

<snip>

"The Laundrie family appears to keep a low profile in their North Port, Florida, neighborhood. Donna Lear, a homeowner who lives a few doors away from the Laundries, said she and her husband have “never seen” Brian Laundrie or his parents in all the years they have resided there. Another neighbor, Andre Obradovich, also said he hasn’t had any interactions with the Laundrie family and was shocked to hear that the young man whose face has been plastered all over the news in recent days is holed up right down the street."

This is all MOO and just speculation based on the limited information we have so far.

I don't think Brian was involved in the women's murders. I can't link to the police report about the fight, but I believe it stated that Brian went to a shelter that evening, not to the campground, and I think it is unlikely that Brian did anything to the married couple while he and Gabby were staying in the van together.

I really feel like whatever happened to Gabby was a result of a domestic issue and the murdered couple is a red herring/bizarre coincidence.

I am trying to keep up but threads are moving so fast! Sorry if any of this has been mentioned.

I wonder if he was trying to ditch her in Moab, but then police became involved. According to that police report, they were pulled over entering Arches NP. I have been there in the summer. That is a very harsh, hot environment in those months. So maybe he decided to lay low for a bit after one attempt and police being involved.

Do we know for sure she was abandoned in Grand Tetons or Yellowstone? I agree with looking there as it's where she was last known to be, but sadly, unless he's said something to LE or they have some other clue she is there, she really could be anywhere. MOO :(

Body camera video released of police interaction with Petito, Laundrie after 911 call

The Moab City Police Department in Utah released body camera footage of their interaction with Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie from back on August 12.

The body camera captures officers responding to a 911 call reporting a domestic incident between Petito and Laundrie.

Live updates: Search for Gabby Petito enters day 6, family beg her boyfriend to help find her

Search for Gabby Petito enters day 6, family beg her boyfriend to help find her

My comment on the police report discussing Gabby's mental health - being manic wouldn't include violently sobbing to the point someone else needs to 'speak' for you.

No disrespect intended but from my in depth studies-
Actually, if Gabby has been clinically diagnosed as “bipolar” it could.

In some patients the “mania” manifests itself as extreme anxiety. There are numerous young people/ teens who are diagnosed with “depression” who also have “anxiety” who in reality are unaware of the fact they are “bipolar.” This is why you have to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL in diagnosing depression in a young adult. The simple depression may in reality be bipolar (manic depression) and if that is the case, prescribing antidepressants can be very, very detrimental. The antidepressants can actually “trigger” the mania later. Sometimes years later.
If both Gabby and Brian have (by chance) both been clinically diagnosed with bipolar then anything is possible.
My radar went immediately to this diagnosis for many reasons. Also, both young people told the police they are “unmediated” at the time.
This doesn’t necessarily mean that either one (or both) has not been prescribed medication for their clinically diagnosed mental health condition (s)
Another FACT that many are unaware of- smoking pot and bipolar DO NOT MIX. The pot can trigger “mania” in a bipolar person while that person thinks it is helping “mellow them out/ relieve anxiety.” This becomes a recipe for paranoia and greatly increased anxiety.
I’m not stating that any of this is applicable to this case, simply that IMHO it may possibly explain “hysterical crying” and a lot of other things.

First (short) clip of the body cam video has been released on twitter by Nicolette Perdomo (reporter for NBC2).
Not sure if I'm allowed to post it here. Just saying.

Also Briana Fernandez (reporter for NBC2) posted two clips of the body cam footage on twitter.
All of these were hard for me to watch. They anger me.

He attempted to lock her out of that van. She feared he would take off and leave her. She crawled across him, fighting him to get back in that vehicle.

I am so angry right now.

If those two were breaking up (a process), doesn't it seem strange that you'd move your soon to be ex girlfriend's stuff out of storage and into your house? I've got to agree with others (@MassGuy) who think the story about the trip home for the storage locker transfer is BS. While it's possible that was the case, it seems highly improbable and irrational.

I was thinking the reason he may have taken her stuff along with his was because it would make her have to see him to get her stuff back which would give him a chance of getting her back if there was a chance.I was also thinking maybe they broke up on friendly terms and she told him to go ahead and take the van because she was continuing her venture with some other person or persons and would not be needing it. I thought maybe she was too depressed to call and talk about the breakup with anyone but am now thinking too much time has passed and she would have called someone by now.I now am starting to suspect the bf now like everyone else is. :(

Last edited:
No disrespect intended but from my in depth studies-
Actually, if Gabby has been clinically diagnosed as “bipolar” it could.

In some patients the “mania” manifests itself as extreme anxiety. There are numerous young people/ teens who are diagnosed with “depression” who also have “anxiety” who in reality are unaware of the fact they are “bipolar.” This is why you have to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL in diagnosing depression in a young adult. The simple depression may in reality be bipolar (manic depression) and if that is the case, prescribing antidepressants can be very, very detrimental. The antidepressants can actually “trigger” the mania later. Sometimes years later.
If both Gabby and Brian have (by chance) both been clinically diagnosed with bipolar then anything is possible.
My radar went immediately to this diagnosis for many reasons. Also, both young people told the police they are “unmediated” at the time.
This doesn’t necessarily mean that either one (or both) has not been prescribed medication for their clinically diagnosed mental health condition (s)
Another FACT that many are unaware of- smoking pot and bipolar DO NOT MIX. The pot can trigger “mania” in a bipolar person while that person thinks it is helping “mellow them out/ relieve anxiety.” This becomes a recipe for paranoia and greatly increased anxiety.
I’m not stating that any of this is applicable to this case, simply that IMHO it may possibly explain “hysterical crying” and a lot of other things.

This is absolutely true, about mixing weed with mania/bi-polar. My entire summer this year revolved around finding help for my uncle, who spiralled at an alarming rate after he decided to smoke pot daily. It was bad, and very scary, to see someone you've known your entire life become a stranger in mere months. I can't imagine what might happen to a young adult or adults going through such a situation.

The body cam footage is pretty revealing. Gabby seems very uncomfortable based on her body language alone (arms crossed, hands close to the chest, looking down) and Brian looks nervous and agitated (the wringing of the hands, the way he approaches the officer). It’s clear that the dynamic between the two of them wasn’t all peaches and cream like they portrayed on social media.

Man. I hope this isn’t the last we will ever see Gabby alive.

Some quotes from the footage of Gabby on 8/12 in the video.

“Some days I have really bad OCD”.
“I was just cleaning and straightening the van.”
“I was apologizing to him.”
“I guess my vibe…I was sorry if I was in a bad mood.”
“I had so much work on the computer.”

Last edited:

In one of the videos in the article, an attorney, not related to the case, said that Brian has hired NY attorneys to represent him.

She's always apologizing...
She sounds so gaslit...
Grrr.....

In the police report from the Moab incident, it is reported that Gabby was afraid he was going to leave her. Maybe he did just that. How easy to leave her in the middle of nowhere, without phone, or supplies. What is horrific is that she could still be alive as she knows how to survive, and no search crews, no planes, copters, or drones are flying over any areas because they don't know where to begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks