Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of these were hard for me to watch. They anger me.

He attempted to lock her out of that van. She feared he would take off and leave her. She crawled across him, fighting him to get back in that vehicle.

I am so angry right now.
I'm with you. I think she believed he was going to abandon her, which is - at the very least - exactly what he's done.

Found the lawyer! He is a generalist private attorney and JUST like I said on a comment on another thread - his criminal experience is DUI AND TRAFFIC not murder! And his top area is REAL ESTATE!! This guy is out of his league — the Laundrie family is originally from LI, NY - where the attorney Steve Bertolino is from. I’m from the NY/NJ area so I can tell where in LI this guy is in relationship EP where the couple met in HS.
Link to website :
The East Islip Law Offices of Steven P. Bertolino, P.C.
Would be interested to hear one of our attorneys weigh in on this. Criminal law is not listed as his area of expertise. No one has been charged with murder, or anything else for that matter. He can advise BL not to talk, and what his rights are. Having the case moved to North Port PD's jurisdiction I would think BL will need to retain another attorney at some point.

JMO

Right at 2:59 Gabby begins explaining to the officer that she's trying to get a travel blog website going and that she's stressed out from working on a video and "...he doesn't really believe I can do any of it..." So yes, they were indeed trying to get a social media gig going and it sounds (as I had suggested Monday) it's a lot harder than people think it is and can be incredibly stressful especially when you're making it on the road. It also sounds like Brian was not supportive of it and perhaps critical. Throw in heat, rough, cramped living conditions, summer tourists, bad company and you're heading for disaster.

Last edited:
Ok. That last part truly puts a knot in my gut.

Officer after telling GP he was separating them for the night:
“I know this feels like a nightmare, but you’re coming out as the golden flower on top of it.”

I realize LE has a tough job. But in hindsight, I hope this officer can reflect and find a less patronizing way to speak to young women who might not even be alive a week later. Imho

I'm with you. I think she believed he was going to abandon her, which is - at the very least - exactly what he's done.
She was so thirsty, she thought he was going to drive off :(. After seeing the video, I believe he did leave her, just drove off. He may have gone back to get her after some time, and couldn't find her, but I do believe he drove off and left her in the middle of nowhere, with no phone, no supplies.

Right at 2:59 Gabby begins explaining to the officer that she's trying to get a travel blog website going and that she's stressed out from working on a video and "...he doesn't really believe I can do any of it..." So yes, they were indeed trying to get a social media gig going and it sounds (as I had suggested Monday) it's a lot harder than people think it is and can be incredibly stressful especially when you're making it on the road. It also sounds like Brian was not supportive of it and perhaps critical.

It is indeed alot of work, i made video´s on youtube and managed some social media and it is really not easy.

I wonder what he had in mind, you can´t travel cross country with no job nothing. She was trying to build something to sustain their travel life.

Something that's been eating at me is report of the Spotify playlist, in particular the reported inclusion of "Take My Hand," about picking up a stranger at a bar and "The Badger’s Wake" about a badger decomposing underground.

Missing woman's haunting songs on Spotify account may provide answers

I wonder if she met someone at a bar while staying in the SLC hotel and BL was back in Florida. If so, that could have understandably triggered a reaction from BL.

Right at 2:59 Gabby begins explaining to the officer that she's trying to get a travel blog website going and that she's stressed out from working on a video and "...he doesn't really believe I can do any of it..." So yes, they were indeed trying to get a social media gig going and it sounds (as I had suggested Monday) it's a lot harder than people think it is and can be incredibly stressful especially when you're making it on the road. It also sounds like Brian was not supportive of it and perhaps critical.

Pretty pathetic, this video and treating him as a victim of Gabby, in light of the fact Brian is home safe and Gabby is missing, he isn't talking.

Complete (raw) body cam video:

Just watching this now, and seeing all kinds of red flags, but one that sticks out is when the officer walks back over to Brian, and asks if he or Gabby are on any medication. He replies, "she's crazy," and laughs and waves his hands, like he's just told a hilarious joke to the officers. At 17:05. :mad:

Still reading furiously trying to catch up!

Brian was comfortable answering questions from police over the domestic dispute call in Utah.

And now, when police are desperately seeking answers from Brian, such as Gabby’s last known whereabouts and why they separated, he suddenly goes mute and his lawyer is speaking for him on his behalf.
THIS! This to me is a red flag. It was ok when he knew he was in control of the narrative. Now when there’s too much at play hes not willing to participate:

For context, it takes 40 hours (according to google maps) to drive from California to Florida (based on the current traffic this late at night - might actually be longer). So in order for BL to have been in California with Gabby & get home the 1st (which we know he did), he had to make a 40 hour drive over 2 days, perhaps 2 1/2 depending on when the text was sent.

So he would have driven 2-3 14-20 hours nonstop, with no (known) record of hotels. Subtract a few hours if they were still in Utah or Wyoming.

Not impossible but highly improbable. I don’t believe it.
Exactly-even if we were to assume the Yosemite was an error by the uncle and she had texted Yellowstone-how did he make that drive even assuming no stops for sleep, food, bio breaks or traffic? I am NOT buying it. Nevermind the fact that he returned a MONTH prior to their plans.

Honestly I think the only way he takes her van and drives it to Florida without her is she's no longer alive. However that happened is unknown, but I don't see any scenario in my own mind how she lets him have the van unless she is no longer around. She very obviously loved that van and spent a lot of time on it and owned it, so, no, he doesn't just get the van, IMO, unless the worst possible thing happened, and he was aware of it. I'm not saying he caused whatever happened, but taking the van was like closing the door on the whole trip and their relationship.

... *unless* she did come back with him and then disappeared afterwards. Still, then, how does he end up with the van.

IMO it makes no sense.
Agreed 100%. Having the police report stating how intent she was on not letting him leave without her, showing up with it and not her is very telling IMO.
Brian has yet to be seen by the press. No one has ever spotted him leaving his parents house. Is he in there hiding because he has defensive wounds on his body and that might incriminate him?
Question is-how do they know he’s even there? LE didn’t even see him, just the parents, correct? For all we know he’s long gone already.

Ughhh-I hope today is a step closer to answers for Gabby and those who love her.

Just watching this now, and seeing all kinds of red flags, but one that sticks out is when the officer walks back over to Brian, and asks if he or Gabby are on any medication. He replies, "she's crazy," and laughs and waves his hands, like he's just told a hilarious joke to the officers. At 17:05. :mad:

Yes i noticed that too. Also the fact that her state is crying, emotional and upset. And he almost can´t stop smiling the whole time. Pretty non chalant

It is indeed alot of work, i made video´s on youtube and managed some social media and it is really not easy.

I wonder what he had in mind, you can´t travel cross country with no job nothing. She was trying to build something to sustain their travel life.

Indeed! I don't think Brian realized what he had signed up for. I think he was your average short term camper, traveler and couldn't handle the long haul. It sounds like Gabby had her heart set on it and making something of it and he was more along for the ride and moral support but he seems to have done a terrible job with both those duties.

Did anyone else notice he wouldn’t take the bottle of water, but GP asks to see if they have a bottle of water. I wonder why he refused even though he claims they were just about to get water! Says he needs shade, but refuses a bottle of water. Probably because of DNA. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth