Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately Gabby was an adult. If Brian left her somewhere because he couldn't cope with everything anymore or he missed his mum or for whatever reason, he legally had the right to do that.

But even if he broke off their engagement and even if she did say "take the van, I can't drive hundreds of miles home alone", he had and has a moral responsibility to do everything he can to leave her in a safe place where she can make her way home by herself.

That means ensuring she was in a town, near an airport, railway station, bank etc and I would also have expected him to at the very least text her family so they know what's happening, where she is and can consequently help her get home.

What's strange is that in the police video, he wouldn't shut up. He tried to do the whole poor nice man with a crazy woman thing and frankly the police encouraged this. Now, he's hiding behind his mummy and daddy who apparently won't let the police speak to him.

But what was the crime that would lead LE to be able to intervene? They could refer them for social services but if LE does not have probable cause, they cannot arrest him because of his speech and demeanor. Unfortunately it's not illegal to be a jerk.

The crimes were Domestic violence & Battery. The evidence were the scratches on his face from her fingernails. LE should have arrested her, (not him) at that point. It would have been better for all concerned had they done so.
This is really an interesting coincidence. It was not quite clear, but was there a report also about Gabby and Brian arguing that day with the store staff, one of them KS who was later found murdered? Perhaps the "creep" who the two murdered women referred to, witnessed that incident at the store, and decided to follow the women to their camping site (or already stayed close to them)? Maybe he also witnessed Gabby's anxious behavior at the same location, same time? So he perhaps followed them too later, thinking that Gabby would make an easy target, clearly quarreling with her boyfriend/partner? Maybe the same creep WAS involved, first killed the couple, then followed Brian and Gabby, waiting for the next quarrel or incident, picked Gabby up, offering her a ride? So that might have been the connection. He might have been present at the shop that day when the incident occurred, perhaps it would be a good idea to check any surveillance videos? Also he may have been living in the area for some time, either staying in the campground near the women, or somewhere else most of the time? There may have been witnesses seeing that guy, or some video records, worth checking. He could have been the same one who picked up Gabby at a later point, after another quarrel with her boyfriend?

Welcome!

MOO

Uncharacteristically, I would like to speculate after having a mental flash:

There's a lot of mention about "argument over her phone", and having tried to analyze the details of the body cam, perhaps the argument was over how much time she was spending on the phone? BL said they were at the coffee shop for a very long time .(5+ hours? )

Could we have mistaken the argument of time spent for possession?

perhaps to make himself appear more vulnerable to LE?
JMO
but i mean, isn't that a big thing she could mention to the questioning officers during their interviews? ( I haven't watched it myself, only ended up reading some quotations in articles)

This doesn’t explain the reason for Brian Laundrie or the family that Gabby lived with for two years are not helping in the search.
Amen- the story has a lot more color now. The relationship was unstable. There was a physical altercation (1 we know about). Still the behavior is pretty out of the ordinary if the story turns out to be I accidently killed my GF while we were fighting. There is more color to be added before we see what this painting looks like.

I've hiked in the Grand Tetons... and it is not a place where I'd want to be alone at night, unprepared. We had several bear sightings, including a grizzly.... buffalo and elk. If the traveling companion left G there, it would be hard to imagine her still alive. MOO

From the body cam footage

14:10
BL specifically states "I don't have a phone" to explain why HE had the van keys (turning the situation around - making him look like the one that was going to get left behind)

54:50 BL pulls his phone out of his pocket to give the police the number

55:20 GP's phone is shown on her lap in the police van (so the one BL pulled out was not hers)

I went back. He was telling the story of what was happening at that time. He didn’t have his phone on him. When the fight happen. So he had the keys. I’m sure his phone was in the van. I see no reason for either to lie during this time.

What day were the newlyweds murdered? I thought it was not known when they were killed, just when they were found?

We don’t know when they were murdered but the last time they were seen alive (other than by their killer…) was the 13th.

After the cops separate GP and BL on the 12th in this video, we have absolutely no idea when they actually next saw each other, or if they even saw each other at all before he flew back to FL on the 16th.

Why would he lie about having/not having a phone? I can't think of any reasons.

That stuck out to me as well. BL says initially (twice) that he didn’t have a phone and essentially relies on Gabby’s phone for communication. But then when the two are going their separate ways, Gabby tells the officer to remind Brian to bring a phone charger so he can charge his phone.

If he killed her he would not drive that.van back here!
He would call a d a plane ticket home and say they had a fight a d she left him there!

we do t know that!
I think she wAs alive the last time he saw her
But that’s just my 2 cents

You're making a good point imo. IF he killed her the stupidest thing in the world would be to drive HER van back alone. Based on his writing on IG he seems intelligent to me, so none of this is making sense.

Why would he lie about having/not having a phone? I can't think of any reasons.
Wasn't that conversation about not having his phone when they were still outside the coffee shop? I took it as his phone was in the van and not physically on him at that point. I don't know, I need to go back and listen.

The crimes were Domestic violence & Battery. The evidence were the scratches on his face from her fingernails. LE should have arrested her, (not him) at that point. It would have been better for all concerned had they done so.
I'm not sure they could have arrested her since she said she didn't intend to harm him.

Either way, she probably would have been released by the next day and they would have been right back to traveling together. Imo

Ohhh dear. This is bad. So bad. Poor girl. And parents. Those poor LEOs. And Brian isn't what I pictured.

I might be off, but maybe whatever happened to her was an accident.

The heat the LEOs will get makes me cringe. I don't see anything wrong (except the officer talking about his wife.) But I can see some things the anti-cop, anti-women, anti-men, etc people will rip them for.

Oy, Officer Robbins and wife. It's so inappropriate and cruel that part wasn't redacted. All of Gabbi's & Brian's mental health issues were redacted.

I read here somewhere that it's telling that she's crying and he's laughing. That's not how I see it. At times he appears to be smiling through tears. That's not unusual.

He strikes me as someone who's quick to smile and laugh. If so, nervous smiling and laughter is normal in this situation.

I laugh and smile a lot, even through tears. It's automatic. I smile before I even realize I don't want to!

Evil men don't usually present such natural niceness and innocence like he does. Except in movies lol.

Yet there are wolves in sheep's clothing. His behavior since coming back has been reprehensible.

Maybe an accident happened and he became terrified and wasn't thinking clearly. And now those around him are taking the lead.

This is an unusual view for me to hold. But this case is so unusual and baffling.

Tbf- BL told LE he locked them both out of the van because he didn’t want her to drive away and leave him stranded…. (Kinda ironic seeing as that’s exactly what he did) so I understand having both of them take a break and walk away from the situation.

BBM

The thing is though, even though this has been stated here repeatedly, we actually do NOT know for a fact that this is what happened. It's assumed, because he drove her van back to FL. But LE has never said at this point, that BL left GP stranded anywhere.

Forgive me for asking this again, but is an attorney obligated to report a missing person to police or follow up with LE regarding a missing person if their client is asking for representation in a missing persons case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288